Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

It has been 3 weeks - your experience with Fairmont / Accor

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

It has been 3 weeks - your experience with Fairmont / Accor

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2018, 10:23 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Labo is still used in the Fairmont The Palm Dubai!
Old Sep 9, 2018, 3:59 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Gold, Accor Gold, AMEX FHR
Originally Posted by Nick Art

I can only suggest that you call what used to be the FPC support center in Moncton. They are now the Le Club support center responsible for North America and basically the only people that will help you (and they are still doing a great job like they used to before the merger, while the rest of LeClub support is out getting a haircut or something).
Thanks
Old Sep 10, 2018, 11:28 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The thing is: I would really like to make the best out if the merger, but LeClub are making this so damn difficult.
Eagle_traveler likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 12:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Checked into Fairmont Pacific Rim this weekend. Zero mention of Platinum Status. They told me I was complimentary upgraded to a Signature Harbour View, which wasn't true, as I used a Room Upgrade Certificate. I was given my two free drinks (highball, beer, or house wine). I still received a welcome note, my Fairmont Fit gear, and a welcome gift (chocolates).

Room rates were $999 this weekend, which is pretty insane. I was on a corporate rate, which was less insane.

I still love this hotel, except for the fact that the two hideous cream colored chairs in every room are looking extremely worn.
PTGregD and Eagle_traveler like this.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 6:32 am

Programs: Kris flyer, Sofitel
I have been staying at Sofitels since 1994, mostly in Asia and the US. I love the brand and have been treated like royalty, more through schmoozing GM's and other managers than in Platinum status. I did once meet one of the higher ups in Le Club so I do have an outlet when things go awry, but I do agree that Le club is not easy to reach and many mistakes are made.

I also dislike the idea that you don't get nearly as much when there is not a Club Floor, which there usually is not.

The Metropole in Hanoi is once of our favorites, as is Vienna Stefansdom and Berlin Gendarmenmarkt.

Another peeve of mine is that you have to sign up for the multiple points and other special offers, which may involve unbooking a booked stay(not always possible if you have booked cheapest rate, often nonrefundable) and you can't book these direct with the hotels, only on the website.

I don't have a lot of experience with other programs but I do have Hilton and have gotten some amazing points stay like Conrad Tokyo, Conrad Maldives. At least Hilton gives breakfast to even Gold members.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 11:46 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Just came back from a labour-day week-end at Le Chateau Frontenac Quebec City with my partner where I redeemed two free night and two suite upgrade certificates (thanks to Air Canada promo Platinum after 3 nights!) and got a very nice suite.

Also redeemed $300+ USD of Platinum dining/willow-spa certificates for dinners at their Le Champlain and Le Sam restaurants

Not much Platinum recognition. The welcome amenity was pretty meh

The basic rooms were selling for $600 per night during the period!

Last edited by MasterGeek; Sep 13, 2018 at 11:56 am
Old Sep 14, 2018, 7:53 am

Programs: Kris flyer, Sofitel
I'm getting the idea that Fairmont is not really honoring Accor Platinum for upgrades or special treatment. Perhaps for those who were Fairmont status but so far we only have one experience. I do have some Sofitel GM's etc putting in a word so we'll see.
Eagle_traveler and Nick Art like this.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 4:59 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Had an amazing stay in the Fairmont The Palm a few days ago. Used some certd to get a suite at a great price. Drink vouchers for a specific mocktail were already prepared with name on them (but I had to ask at check-in since the receptionist forgot). Also had a talk about the new program with the receptionist which told me that they as staff think the new program might not reward loyal fairmont members as good as before and that this might not be the best. Seems to me they get a lot of people who are not that happy with the change.
At least the in house fairmont experience is still great
Old Sep 17, 2018, 10:14 pm

I’ve been trying for a several weeks to get points earned during a stay at the Fairmont Empress Victoria property at beginning of August but it’s become a punishing experience of useless back and forth. Many emails were exchanged thus far to no avail; I’ve provided the hotel receipt, dates, yet nothing is happening. The bottom line is, I am afraid that we will be seeing the beginning of the clochardisation (the Accor people understand the full extent of this word) of the chic Fairmont properties thanks to the Accor way of doing business.
I will use one of my last certificates at one of the Fairmont properties during the upcoming October long weekend, then it’s farewell Fairmont (I only book at Accor properties when I really have no other choice).
Old Sep 18, 2018, 7:32 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Gold, Accor Gold, AMEX FHR
Originally Posted by IntermitentFlyer
I’ve been trying for a several weeks to get points earned during a stay at the Fairmont Empress Victoria property at beginning of August but it’s become a punishing experience of useless back and forth. Many emails were exchanged thus far to no avail; I’ve provided the hotel receipt, dates, yet nothing is happening. The bottom line is, I am afraid that we will be seeing the beginning of the clochardisation (the Accor people understand the full extent of this word) of the chic Fairmont properties thanks to the Accor way of doing business.
I will use one of my last certificates at one of the Fairmont properties during the upcoming October long weekend, then it’s farewell Fairmont (I only book at Accor properties when I really have no other choice).
Same here. Why would I give money to a company that makes it so difficult to do business with? With Four Seasons, I send a message on Facebook and I receive an answer within minutes... Accor? They don't bother providing decent service. So this is an easy decision.

As for the points, this is the main component of their "loyalty program", but we have to work and fight to get them. So why bother?

Bye Accor!
Old Sep 19, 2018, 11:01 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
I am currently in-house at the Novotel Business Aires and this morning there was no water, not hot water, no water at all.

I called down and maintenance came quickly and confirmed there was indeed no water, then checked some panel in the hallway and advised that he would return in Spanish. Crickets.

I called down again and got the front desk agent to find out an update. Advised that the 'bomba' was the issue.

Two hours later got the Accor Customer Care in New Brunswick to call down for an update and invoke the YOU Novotel Service Promise:

https://novotel.accorhotels.com/cont...rvice.en.shtml

The front desk advises the Accor agent that I am already receiving a discount for the member's rate booked.

Finally, the GM calls up after 3 hours of waiting to apologize for the issue and provide one complimentary night for the no water issue.

The challenge with Accor properties is that when things go wrong they just make up excuses, rather than address the issue. Thankfully, a Canadian-based agent intervened on my behalf to give the property a nudge, but Platinum service means nothing to the vast majority of properties, even with common sense guest service issues.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 2:53 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Will be staying at Fairmont Jakarta next month. Would be interested to see what experience I got there.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 8:02 am

If you are platinum and use a room or suite upgrade cert, are you potentially eligible for another (essentially stacked) next category upgrade due to plat le club benefits?
Old Sep 24, 2018, 8:44 am
R2

In Accorhotels world you are eligible to bargain for another upgrade...
Old Sep 24, 2018, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by nock
If you are platinum and use a room or suite upgrade cert, are you potentially eligible for another (essentially stacked) next category upgrade due to plat le club benefits?
Accor doesn't really promose a "one-category upgrade", but instead the wording suggests that an upgrade within the same room category or an upgrade to the next room category is provided based on availability.

It will obviously very much depend on the hotel (and your stay history at that property, if applicable), but I'd argue that a further upgrade on top of the confirmed suite upgrade is rather unlikely. However, if you used a room upgrade cert, I don't see why this wouldn't work (especially at hotels with many different room categories)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.