FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - It has been 3 weeks - your experience with Fairmont / Accor
Old Sep 11, 2018, 6:32 am
HanoiIG

Programs: Kris flyer, Sofitel
I have been staying at Sofitels since 1994, mostly in Asia and the US. I love the brand and have been treated like royalty, more through schmoozing GM's and other managers than in Platinum status. I did once meet one of the higher ups in Le Club so I do have an outlet when things go awry, but I do agree that Le club is not easy to reach and many mistakes are made.

I also dislike the idea that you don't get nearly as much when there is not a Club Floor, which there usually is not.

The Metropole in Hanoi is once of our favorites, as is Vienna Stefansdom and Berlin Gendarmenmarkt.

Another peeve of mine is that you have to sign up for the multiple points and other special offers, which may involve unbooking a booked stay(not always possible if you have booked cheapest rate, often nonrefundable) and you can't book these direct with the hotels, only on the website.

I don't have a lot of experience with other programs but I do have Hilton and have gotten some amazing points stay like Conrad Tokyo, Conrad Maldives. At least Hilton gives breakfast to even Gold members.