FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fairmont-fairmont-presidents-club-661/)
-   -   It has been 3 weeks - your experience with Fairmont / Accor (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fairmont-fairmont-presidents-club/1921471-has-been-3-weeks-your-experience-fairmont-accor.html)

derfliegel Jul 24, 2018 6:01 am

It has been 3 weeks - your experience with Fairmont / Accor

It has been 3 weeks since Fairmont is officially a part of the Accor loyality program. What are your experiences so far in terms of the Accor benefits (Upgrades, Late-CO...)?

Admiral Ackbar Jul 24, 2018 8:24 am

Where are my remaining 2018 certs, my stay history and my bonus 2019 certs? ;)

But apparently it was flawless, received an email from Accor telling me so. I know I can call them and fix it (thank god they kept the Moncton, New Brunswick phone reps who are bearing the brunt of this problem apparently), I shouldn't have to. Especially since Plats don't get priority access when calling.

To be fair, I did post positive experiences recently in the benefits thread so that is a +

Nick Art Jul 24, 2018 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by derfliegel (Post 30007294)
It has been 3 weeks since Fairmont is officially a part of the Accor loyality program. What are your experiences so far in terms of the Accor benefits (Upgrades, Late-CO...)?

I think I‘ll quote former very helpful FPC agent who is dealing with my (still) locked account:

I am honestly at a loss as to what is going on here.
It’s quite embarrassing and frustrating for me not being able to assist you with such a simple task, not knowing why things are not happening as they should. I am truly sorry for this inconvenience but I remain optimistic we will get this resolved at some point.
I too, do also remain optimistic, since the service on the former FPC number is still brilliant compared to the other inexistant accor support.

Flawless Transition indeed.
Feel welcome much.

But I guess that‘s to expect from a brand that has no experience whatsoever in the segment in which Fairmont is operating.
(Not to be entitled or anything, okay maybe a little, but including the loyality program of fairmont under the one with ibis quality and service will leave much to be desired for former fairmont guests. I mean just look at the LeClub website, it just seems so cheap and not really aimed at guests in that segment.)

To sum it all up „quite embarassing“ seems to hit the sport.

YOWCDNFF Jul 29, 2018 6:47 am

Checked-in for the first time at a Fairmont last week (QEH). Reservation was made on the Fairmont website post-merger:
  • Clearly marked priority line - which is now at the far end of the check-in counter though. Because it is close to main check-in counter, some confusion. There is also a column not helping to see the check-in desk for LCAH members
  • Had to provide credit card info as Accor is not passing this on. Also, did not receive the pre-check in e-mail that Fairmont used to send - so not able to do so
  • Provided with one drink voucher for use at the bar or restaurant. Valid for alcoholic or soft drinks, excluding specific premium drinks
  • Upgraded to a regular room with a view (Tried to use an upgrade certs earlier in the week but agent pretty much told me to not bother as she could not upgrade me due to a higher category than what I would get as LCAH, due to lack of availability)
  • Fairmont Fit Kit provided as usual
  • Assigned to Hypoallergenic room as per profile/previous requests
  • Quick check-out option (via e-mail) provided (same format as before)
All in, it still felt a bit off, but not so much that this would be a major issues. Not, just waiting for the points to post...

HanoiIG Jul 30, 2018 10:56 am

I only checked out the day the merger went through so got no particular benefits. I was member of President's Club but I don't think it brought any special anything. We did get some treats delivered and a texting service so I could ask for things, like the Sunday NY Times which they forgot one day but remembered the other time. They also gave us tons of bottled water.

Booked at the Savoy in London in October so we shall see if anything happens. Turned Platinum yet again the other day on our 15th stay night. I really love Sofitel and have a great relationship with half a dozen properties so I can't complain. I just wish more had Club Sofitel as free breakfast is only provided at hotels that have them. They usually let you go to the main restaurant as well, but only if there is a club.

rfrost Jul 31, 2018 6:59 am

Originally Posted by HanoiIG (Post 30028165)
I only checked out the day the merger went through so got no particular benefits. I was member of President's Club but I don't think it brought any special anything. We did get some treats delivered and a texting service so I could ask for things, like the Sunday NY Times which they forgot one day but remembered the other time. They also gave us tons of bottled water.

Booked at the Savoy in London in October so we shall see if anything happens. Turned Platinum yet again the other day on our 15th stay night. I really love Sofitel and have a great relationship with half a dozen properties so I can't complain. I just wish more had Club Sofitel as free breakfast is only provided at hotels that have them. They usually let you go to the main restaurant as well, but only if there is a club.

Which Sofitels do you love? I think I’ve stayed only at Metropole Hanoi, (which I did love but don’t plan to return to), Munich (liked the room but not the service or lack of Platinum recognition) and LHR (which has only its convenience to recommend it). (Oh, also Winter Palace, but that was nearly 20 years ago.)

Please do report on your Savoy experience—I am taking a break from my usual monthly stay there to allow the dust to settle.

mbpasadena Jul 31, 2018 1:56 pm

My experience concerns the Web Site, now that Accor Le Club is tied into the Fairmont site.

A mildly dismal experience, I hope it's mostly a hiccup as two IT groups bring together their operations.

Had a question regarding reserving via agencies like AMEXTravel. FPC folk had offered helpful clarity a few years ago, but I realized that when ownership changes, some rules/policies will change.

So I dig into the site, trying to send a query to Le Club. Each time I try the "contact us" links, I get a "we cannot do this, please offer remarks by using our Contact Page".

A moment that brought to mind the book _Catch 22_--thankfully I was at home, not stuck in a war zone.

So I found the General-Contact email address for the hotel where I may stay. I've stayed there many times, and hope to do so again. The staff and the building have always made the visit restful and pleasant.

Sending the email query, I include my Le Club membership number. And away it goes, off into the Internet Etherspace.
A short while later, I receive an auto reply from the Fairmont mail server--Subject: BLOCKED. Their algorithms felt that my Accor loyalty number is a CREDIT CARD NUMBER, which I should NEVER send to Fairmont...so they rejected my mail.

So I removed my Accor Number, and said I hope they'd believe I'm a Real (albeit "low level") FPC member.

36 Hours later, no response. Perhaps the staff at the hotel are struggling with other such problems.

HanoiIG Aug 1, 2018 9:11 am

OK My wife and I are regulars in New York. We are treated like royalty and greeted by name but desk staff, bellmen, barmen and even breakfast waiters. If the downgraded us a few times we would still be so far ahead as we have often gotten amazing suite upgrades. We know the neighborhood so well and love to stay there.

We also are well known in Philly. the hotel is perfectly located, within walking of Rittenhouse square and the SEPTA lines and so many restaurants. I have a contact now in front office so I just write to him and he quotes us great price on a suite. Even when Accor website has "deals" they are always pre-pay and I am allowed flexibility.

As it happens we are also regulars at the Metropole in Hanoi and usually visit every year. Again, I have a friend or two there and when I send a request in Vietnamese, I get instant gratification. I love Club Sofitel there and breakfast in Le Beaulieu.

Munich is also one of our favorites but we don't get there as often. In Berlin it's Gendarmenmarkt. We just love going there and will return soon now that Staatsoper in home again in Unter Den Linden.

We are soon returning to Vienna and have really enjoyed that property. It's not right in the center but you can view the riesenrad from the room and easily walk to the old city, even the opera if enough time is allowed.

We lived in Sofitel Plaza Hanoi for two years and returned often until they rebranded as a Pan Pacific.

So far I have had great success in most Sofitels. I think we have been to 25+ and it fits us well. Not that Mandarin Oriental and Ritz Carlton are unfriendly, it's just that we are perfectly suited to Sofitel.

Nick Art Aug 1, 2018 9:23 am

Originally Posted by HanoiIG (Post 30035476)
OK My wife and I are regulars in New York. We are treated like royalty and greeted by name but desk staff, bellmen, barmen and even breakfast waiters. If the downgraded us a few times we would still be so far ahead as we have often gotten amazing suite upgrades. We know the neighborhood so well and love to stay there.

We also are well known in Philly. the hotel is perfectly located, within walking of Rittenhouse square and the SEPTA lines and so many restaurants. I have a contact now in front office so I just write to him and he quotes us great price on a suite. Even when Accor website has "deals" they are always pre-pay and I am allowed flexibility.

As it happens we are also regulars at the Metropole in Hanoi and usually visit every year. Again, I have a friend or two there and when I send a request in Vietnamese, I get instant gratification. I love Club Sofitel there and breakfast in Le Beaulieu.

Munich is also one of our favorites but we don't get there as often. In Berlin it's Gendarmenmarkt. We just love going there and will return soon now that Staatsoper in home again in Unter Den Linden.

We are soon returning to Vienna and have really enjoyed that property. It's not right in the center but you can view the riesenrad from the room and easily walk to the old city, even the opera if enough time is allowed.

We lived in Sofitel Plaza Hanoi for two years and returned often until they rebranded as a Pan Pacific.

So far I have had great success in most Sofitels. I think we have been to 25+ and it fits us well. Not that Mandarin Oriental and Ritz Carlton are unfriendly, it's just that we are perfectly suited to Sofitel.

So what would you say changed for you as former FPC member, compared to now being LeClub members (I suppose from your stays at Sofitels you were LeCLub members before the merger this July already?) while staying at the Plaza in New York? (I assume you mean the plaza, a fairmont managed hotel, because if not your post has nothing to do with fairmont at all, which this thread is discussing, because I have the suspicion you might have missunderstood the purpose of this thread, no offense).
Any changes at all? Or would you say your personal recognition might have stayed the same? Was something better? Has the staff changed much?

Admiral Ackbar Aug 1, 2018 7:46 pm

Hotels will usually always treat such a regular guest better than a random Plat, I agree with this personally. One of the good things about FPC was the certs balanced it out better than Le Club imo.

bacampbe Aug 2, 2018 12:12 pm

I have had a horrible experience so far with the IT transition. I got the email that my account was transitioning, and the notice on the Fairmont page that I needed to reset my password. Every attempt to reset my password has failed. That is, it appears to succeed, but the new password doesn't work.

The Accor IT support has been slow to respond. When they finally responded, they sent me a link to set up personal information and reset my password again, and _that_ failed. Every round trip with them has taken over 48 hours, and they still can't make it work.

Nick Art Aug 2, 2018 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by bacampbe (Post 30040266)
I have had a horrible experience so far with the IT transition. I got the email that my account was transitioning, and the notice on the Fairmont page that I needed to reset my password. Every attempt to reset my password has failed. That is, it appears to succeed, but the new password doesn't work.

The Accor IT support has been slow to respond. When they finally responded, they sent me a link to set up personal information and reset my password again, and _that_ failed. Every round trip with them has taken over 48 hours, and they still can't make it work.

Hi there
I‘ve had the exact same issue. Have you tried resetting it over the fairmont page yet? This worked with one account.
Sadly for the other account a former FPC support agent (tbh the mormal accor ones I reached could not care less) had to manually create from scratch. At least it works now. But it wasn‘t pleasant for me or the support agent (who did an outstanding job and answered the emails in less than 24 hours).
I suggest you try amd call the former FPC support center, as I feel your might have better luck there, the service on that line at least is still on fairmont level.

HanoiIG Aug 3, 2018 12:19 pm

I wouldn't stay at the Plaza in New York if it were free, because of the Trump association plus we are branded to Sofitel. Who said anything about the Plaza? Someone asked which Sofitels I found to be good. Sorry I'm old and maybe this posted to the wrong place.

Nick Art Aug 3, 2018 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by HanoiIG (Post 30044222)
I wouldn't stay at the Plaza in New York if it were free, because of the Trump association plus we are branded to Sofitel. Who said anything about the Plaza? Someone asked which Sofitels I found to be good. Sorry I'm old and maybe this posted to the wrong place.

Fun fact: Mr Trump was forced to sell the hotel for 325 million in 1995 (65million less than he bought it for in 1988). Since then the hotel had no affiliation with Mr Trump anymore. (So he actually kinda lost money on it).

Anyway, back on topic: I was just confused as to why your are suddendly discussing sofitels in a fairmont subforum that asks about the experience with the transition, hence I asked.
Having scrolled up a few posts now I see that you were actually asked about Sofitels here. So you didn‘t post in the wrong place, I just didn‘t see the connection :P

dibby Aug 4, 2018 6:57 am

Not the only one

I suppose it's reassuring to know that I'm not the only one unable to "transition." Have tried various different links, but still unable to set up my Accor account (Fairmont President's Club Plat). The system doesn't recognize my email address and can't verify my email address on one screen where I can enter my (FPC) membership number. Have a message in to the old FPC call centre. But in the meantime, not staying at Fairmonts or Accor hotels as no access to the benefits.