Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Fairmont - FRHI Hotels & Resorts - looking for a buyer?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont - FRHI Hotels & Resorts - looking for a buyer?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2015, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by LarkSFO
As a Ritz Platinum and a Fairmont Platinum, I would disagree with you in one area.

Ritz Carlton's (Marriott) and Fairmont properties have many commonalities.

If all Fairmont's were re-branded as RC's, I do not think that would be the worst thing in the world (and better than some of the other possibilities that have been mentioned in this thread).

From the tone of the articles ('auction'), it does seem as if the current owners are intent to sell.
I agree, RC-Fairmont acquisition / merger wouldn't be the end of the world.

I'm not convinced that RC becoming part of Marriott necessarily benefited the RC brand and service standard, but Marriott did a decent job at keeping the brands separate.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 7:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Jasper2009

I'm not convinced that RC becoming part of Marriott necessarily benefited the RC brand and service standard, but Marriott did a decent job at keeping the brands separate.
Agreed. The only thing I wish they MAR would have done is let RC have their own rewards program. Right now, RC points are as valuable as MAR.

Last edited by jediwho; Oct 30, 2015 at 9:59 pm
Old Nov 16, 2015, 10:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jasper2009

Well, I doubt Marriott is in the mood for another acquisition...
Old Nov 17, 2015, 9:28 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Well, I doubt Marriott is in the mood for another acquisition...
Oh gosh. PLEASE NO. Marriott can go and [] off.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 9:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Hyatt's looking to buy someone...

(Though I think they'll go for IHG.)
Old Dec 9, 2015, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

French hotel chain Accor buys Fairmont, Raffles and Swissotel for $2.9B US

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/acco...sale-1.3357634

"Accor currently owns 3,800 hotels across 92 countries worldwide under the brand names Ibis, Sofitel, Novotel and others"

PDF Warning!: http://www.accorhotels-group.com/fil...otels_frhi.pdf

"Significant improvements will also be made in terms of customer data, thanks to the integration of a customer base including 3 million loyalty members, of which 75% are North Americans. "

ABOUT ACCORHOTELS
AccorHotels is a Group united by a shared passion for hospitality and driven by a shared promise to make everyone Feel Welcome.
...nearly 3,800 AccorHotels properties look after thousands of guests every day in 92 countries.
- a large portfolio of internationally renowned brands covering the full spectrum, with luxury
(Sofitel, Pullman, MGallery, Grand Mercure, The Sebel), midscale (Novotel, Suite Novotel,
Mercure, Adagio) and economy (ibis, ibis Styles, ibis budget, adagio access and hotelF1)
properties;

Last edited by LarkSFO; Dec 9, 2015 at 1:22 pm
Old Dec 9, 2015, 3:19 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/acco...sale-1.3357634

"Accor currently owns 3,800 hotels across 92 countries worldwide under the brand names Ibis, Sofitel, Novotel and others"

PDF Warning!: http://www.accorhotels-group.com/fil...otels_frhi.pdf

"Significant improvements will also be made in terms of customer data, thanks to the integration of a customer base including 3 million loyalty members, of which 75% are North Americans. "

ABOUT ACCORHOTELS
AccorHotels is a Group united by a shared passion for hospitality and driven by a shared promise to make everyone Feel Welcome.
...nearly 3,800 AccorHotels properties look after thousands of guests every day in 92 countries.
- a large portfolio of internationally renowned brands covering the full spectrum, with luxury
(Sofitel, Pullman, MGallery, Grand Mercure, The Sebel), midscale (Novotel, Suite Novotel,
Mercure, Adagio) and economy (ibis, ibis Styles, ibis budget, adagio access and hotelF1)
properties;
Can't wait to redeem my certificates at HotelF1.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.