Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

strange experience today: upgraded and downgraded again

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

strange experience today: upgraded and downgraded again

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2013, 1:05 am

Programs: Ritz/Marriott Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, USAir Chairman, Aegean Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I also always try to print a copy when I see that I've been upgraded. Sometimes the chain's computerized reservation system permits you to send yourself an email of the confirmation showing the current upgraded room type, but this doesn't always work so a hard copy printout is better if you have access to a printer. I wish there were a good solution from an iPad if the email option doesn't work to show the upgrade.
You can always take a photo of the upgrade statement from your smartphone and show it at check in
Old Nov 11, 2013, 8:22 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Now they solved the problem... the upgrade do not appears when you check your reservation online.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 9:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
Now they solved the problem... the upgrade do not appears when you check your reservation online.
Its been like that for awhile.. but its most important to have written confirmation of the upgrade, otherwise at check-in if the upgrade is not honored, there is no recourse.

I always have FPC, or reservations send me written confirmation of the specific upgrade granted. I print out the upgrade confirmation, and reservation details, and I bring it to the hotel with me.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 10:07 pm

Programs: AA:EXP, GLD:A.Argen., Etihad; Turk SIL:UA, VS; HOT.GLD:ClubC, Loews, SPG; PL:Ritz, Hil, IHG, BtW., R
I agree 100%. It also is a good reminder to take a "screen shot" if you have an iPhone. It's really easy all you do is press, ummm, the button on the top where you turn off the screen (dim the screen to black) and simultaneously hit the "siri button" / on button, on the bottom of the screen in the middle, the large button. Click them both once at the same time and you will get a screen shot. Then the lady who pretends she can't see it, well you can show her exactly what you mean. It would be hard for her to deny that. I don't usually spend enough time looking to see what suites are available, but I did recently go to the upper level renaissance in sao paulo and said that my (first time I did this) e-mail to the general manger, and upgrade in advance to a "madison" suite was not very exciting and could they do a little better (the "madison" suite is a one room every floor that they call a suite. The general manager himself upgraded me to it with a personal e-mail response, but then I saw it and realized it was a fake upgrade. Just a larger entrance area, nothing more. Sort of like the upgrade to a deluxe room when you paid for a deluxe room. Since I was paying much more than I really wanted to pay for a room in Sao Paulo hoping to get traction out of my Ritz Carlton (Marriott) platinum membership, I was very disappointed. Upon stating my feelings to the manager on duty in the club floor, which by the way is great, continuous food service throughout the day including a light early supper, they gave me a suite that goes for over 800 rack rate. It was a full one bedroom and was much more what I was thinking of. I hope I get so lucky again the next time I stay there. It really is a nice place. My friend who is a flight attendant from Sao Paulo and flies the JFK-GRU flight all the time kept telling me that, no the Hyatt, Hilton, etc. were NOT as nice, and I think he is correct. The gym is first class, enough so that they have members that come in from the outside world. It just goes to show that don't give up, be polite, I told them that I was celebrating a landmark birthday with a friend that was arriving later that day. At any rate, it was really a memorable stay and great to get into several hours early (I think about 11 AM) after the very great new flight from DFW-GRU on AA in the 777ER. I guess I am going to have to learn to love business as double upgrade (which were very prevalent when I was first an exp. form 1994-2002) just do not happen anymore, no matter if there is a 6 hour delay with the connecting flight, etc. Oh well, the business class is not bad and I am sure at one point I will redeem miles and get into the first class. Actually, they are not private suites from what I saw, and only marginally better/larger than the business class. But I digress, apologies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.