Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ovation Help

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2015, 9:45 pm

Programs: IC Spire Amb, RC Plat, Shangri-La GC, and more.
Thanks Beantown, very helpful information!
Old Feb 28, 2015, 7:22 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
A minor correction... There are 3 types of Ovations for each collection.
Fairmont Room, Junior Suite, 1 Bedroom Suite or Gold Room.

From the lowest category of ovation certificate it is $75 to get to a junior suite. It is $150 for Gold Lounge or a Full Standard Suite (not Gold Lounge).

I haven't found it very worth while to pay for the Gold Lounge given the certificates already come with free breakfast for two.

Originally Posted by BeantownFlyer
The key to maximizing the value of the certificates is to combine them with a paid upgrade. At most properties the Standard level awards will upgrade for $75 (typically to a gold level room or junior suite) and for $150 (typically to a suite). The Junior Suite level awards will typically be accepted for a gold level room, and will upgrade to a suite for $75.

If you call the special Ovations reservations number during business hours they can give you specific information on the upgrade options. Call 888-742-7488. The current list of properties and levels is here: https://www2.workingadvantage.com/do...ntListings.pdf

At the all-suite or residence properties you will get the lowest category room for a standard level award - however these can also be upgraded with a payment.

Over the years we have upgraded from a standard room (level B!) at Scottsdale to a Villa Room for $75 and a connecting Villa Suite for $150, a junior suite in Barbados for $150 (from a Level D award), and various high end suites in Mayakoba to name just a few of the properties where we had confirmed upgrades. It makes the certificates far more valuable - and the upgrade charge is posted by the corporate office a week or two before you stay, without any additional taxes.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 10:37 am

Does anyone know if you can upgrade an ovation cert to a higher collection? Like if I have some B certs, is there any way to pay extra to use them at a category C property?

Also, I see the Telluride question was asked above. Has anyone figured out if they are useable there?
Old Mar 1, 2015, 8:44 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
Nope you can't... Wish we could....

It would be great if a Collection C standard booked into a Collection B Junior Suite or higher but I've asked about it a couple times and the consistent answer is no...

Originally Posted by lkar
Does anyone know if you can upgrade an ovation cert to a higher collection? Like if I have some B certs, is there any way to pay extra to use them at a category C property?

Also, I see the Telluride question was asked above. Has anyone figured out if they are useable there?
Old Mar 9, 2015, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by TravelGuy1965
A minor correction... There are 3 types of Ovations for each collection.
Fairmont Room, Junior Suite, 1 Bedroom Suite or Gold Room.

From the lowest category of ovation certificate it is $75 to get to a junior suite. It is $150 for Gold Lounge or a Full Standard Suite (not Gold Lounge).
Is ti $75 or $150 per night?
Old Mar 11, 2015, 10:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by JunkDiver
Is ti $75 or $150 per night?
Yes. One certificate is good for one night, and the upgrades are per certificate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.