Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2012, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by AMRivlin
Signup Vouchers Posted today to my account.

Dining/Willow Stream and Gold Upgrade Cert.

Also Spent $1000, but expect I will have to wait for my first statement for the $1000 Spend Bonus to be credited.

"Enjoy 2 complimentary nights including breakfast
for 2 at any Fairmont destination worldwide
after you make just $1,000 in purchases
within your first three months of account opening."

Currently Certificate Expiry is listed as 5/22/2012 (So 1 Year, occasioanlly this reverts to the end of Feb, so will have to see how they handle this)
Are you saying before statement is closed, the cert. always show up in the account? that's kind of unusual...
Old May 23, 2012, 3:46 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by iusb
Are you saying before statement is closed, the cert. always show up in the account? that's kind of unusual...
I am saying the opposite. When my statement closes, I will see the bonus post.
Old May 23, 2012, 7:01 pm

I am saying the opposite. When my statement closes, I will see the bonus post.
Opps, sorry, my bad reading...
Old May 23, 2012, 9:43 pm

Programs: AC*75K, Amex Centurion, Marriott Platinum Elite, All Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I guess my question re the 4 x $25 dining certificates was answered.

Checked my account, and as existing Platinum, I received 4 x $25 dining certificates plus a certificate for upgrade to gold.

As a charter member, I now also have the $150 in dining certificates and 2 more certificates for upgrade to gold.

$250 in dining certs and 3 upgrade gold certs. Will definitely clear the $12K for another 3 comp nights in the first year. Not too bad for a card that waives the annual fee for the first year .
Old May 23, 2012, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by makemoretospendmore
I guess my question re the 4 x $25 dining certificates was answered.

Checked my account, and as existing Platinum, I received 4 x $25 dining certificates plus a certificate for upgrade to gold.

As a charter member, I now also have the $150 in dining certificates and 2 more certificates for upgrade to gold.

$250 in dining certs and 3 upgrade gold certs. Will definitely clear the $12K for another 3 comp nights in the first year. Not too bad for a card that waives the annual fee for the first year .
Thanks for the report!

Expiration date(s)?
Old May 23, 2012, 10:40 pm

Programs: AC*75K, Amex Centurion, Marriott Platinum Elite, All Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LarkSFO
Thanks for the report!

Expiration date(s)?
They posted to my account May 23rd, 2012 (is now May 24th on the east coast) and expire in one year.
Old May 23, 2012, 11:40 pm

They posted to my account May 23rd, 2012 (is now May 24th on the east coast) and expire in one year.
Great to hear that.

Thank you.
Old May 24, 2012, 7:36 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Accor Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Hello FT friends! Two quick questions about this product:

1. What is "Charter Member Offer" - am guessing this is specific to Chase banking products? Or is it something else?

2. To echo a question asked earlier in this thread, but not answered as far as I could see, does this require a US SSN? Has any Canadian tried to obtain the card?

Cheers!
Old May 24, 2012, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by politico_pk
Hello FT friends! Two quick questions about this product:

1. What is "Charter Member Offer" - am guessing this is specific to Chase banking products? Or is it something else?

2. To echo a question asked earlier in this thread, but not answered as far as I could see, does this require a US SSN? Has any Canadian tried to obtain the card?

Cheers!
1. It seems that the Charter Offer is for $150 in Fairmont F/B or Willowstream and one gold upgrade certificate. As Platinum, you would get another $100 and as Premier you would get another $50.

After spending $1K, you get 2 free nights with free breakfast and two more gold upgrade certs. These expire one year after they are posted to your account.

All of this is with no fee for year one. I do not see anything else about a bonus point accumulation for being a charter member. Seems like a one time deal.

2. I'm Canadian but have a SSN from working there and also have a US address so not sure that really helps answer your question.
Old May 24, 2012, 9:17 am

Yes. And you can use a Suite + Gold Floor.

So you could use Free Night + 2 Free Night + Suite Upgrade + Gold Upgrade for 3 Nights in a Gold Floor Suite and use dining certs for a meal.

3 Nights at Beijing in a Gold Suite = $5000 Rack Rate
AMRivlin: It wasn't fully clear to me, is there a reason you tihnk the Gold floor upgrade can be used in conjunction with other FPC Plat certs? Or is this just a hunch of yours which may or may not be correct, or might be YMMV depending on the agent/hotel you are working with? I would love it if these could be combined, but I'm certainly not holding my breath.............
Old May 24, 2012, 10:24 am

Programs: United 1P; Delta GM; SP Gold; AS MVPG; FPC Premier
Thanks for all the information about certificates and dates. I wish I would have thought this out a bit in advance. I've already gone over $1K in spend, but would have loved to the 2 certificates to use for summer 2013 rather than have them expire in May or June of 2013. If I had that to do over, I would have delayed hitting $1K in spending (and maybe even application for the card) until near the deadline for qualifying for the benefits...July or August maybe.
Old May 24, 2012, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by joshc40
I would have delayed hitting $1K in spending (and maybe even application for the card) until near the deadline for qualifying for the benefits...July or August maybe.
I think somebody above reported the deadline for qualifying for the extra Charter benefits is 7/31/12. I personally am gonna wait to July to apply, just for the extra flexibility for Summer 2013 as you mention.
Old May 24, 2012, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by gregorygrady
AMRivlin: It wasn't fully clear to me, is there a reason you tihnk the Gold floor upgrade can be used in conjunction with other FPC Plat certs? Or is this just a hunch of yours which may or may not be correct, or might be YMMV depending on the agent/hotel you are working with? I would love it if these could be combined, but I'm certainly not holding my breath.............
I just called reservations and unfortunately the gold upgrades cannot be used in conjunction with a suite upgrade certificate to get a gold suite. So it's either you want a smaller room with better amenities or a bigger room with fewer (unless you do it in conjunction with something like Fine Hotels to get breakfast anyways).
Old May 24, 2012, 10:41 am

Programs: United 1P; Delta GM; SP Gold; AS MVPG; FPC Premier
Originally Posted by gregorygrady
I think somebody above reported the deadline for qualifying for the extra Charter benefits is 7/31/12. I personally am gonna wait to July to apply, just for the extra flexibility for Summer 2013 as you mention.
I'll do the wife's that way!
Old May 24, 2012, 10:53 am

I just called reservations and unfortunately the gold upgrades cannot be used in conjunction with a suite upgrade certificate to get a gold suite. So it's either you want a smaller room with better amenities or a bigger room with fewer (unless you do it in conjunction with something like Fine Hotels to get breakfast anyways).
Thanks for checking. I'm also interested in one more scenario if anybody knows the answer:

Can the Gold Upgrade be used in conjunction with a Plat Free Night cert to get you a Free Night in a Gold level room? With the possibility of 4 Free Nights this year per Plat member (normal Plat Free Night, 2 Free Nights for spending $1k, and 1 more Free Night for spending $12k), this scenario could come into play for many here. There have been times WHEN REDEEMING A FREE NIGHT that a Suite Upgrade is not available, but perhaps a Gold Floor Upgrade is available. Or further there might be times when you would prefer a Gold room over a Suite at certain hotels anyways.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.