Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

FPC Platinum status after one (!) night at an intīl location for AC Super Elites

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FPC Platinum status after one (!) night at an intīl location for AC Super Elites

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2011, 10:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by choptliva
Yeah. Even though it's not a huge requirement to do 10 stays, the fact remains that PLT can be obtained in many ways with far fewer than 10 stays. I've been debating whether I should move my stays to another program, but I do like many of the Fairmont hotels. I certainly am not feeling much love from FPC lately.
How did you qualify this past year.. traditionally or on one of the promos?
Old Dec 23, 2011, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by OliverM
Does is mean that one needs to sign-up for the promo and get a free night after the first stay?
Thatīs how I understand the promo. Sign-up, stay one night, get instant Plat status which includes a free night cert, suite upgrade certs etc.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 6:34 am

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
How did you qualify this past year.. traditionally or on one of the promos?
The traditional way. Alas, none of the promos seem to apply to me since I live in the US. Such is life.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 5:29 pm
Suspended

The traditional way. Alas, none of the promos seem to apply to me since I live in the US. Such is life.
I can do a check-in for you in Europe, send me PM if you are interested @:-)
Old Dec 24, 2011, 5:50 am

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
Thanks, OliverM. I've already requalified so it's fine. I was simply lamenting over promos such as the Cdn Amex Plats who can PLT with 5 stays etc, which I don't get in the US. Thanks for the offer though.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 7:47 pm
Suspended

Thanks, OliverM. I've already requalified so it's fine. I was simply lamenting over promos such as the Cdn Amex Plats who can PLT with 5 stays etc, which I don't get in the US. Thanks for the offer though.
Welcome

The big question is now: Do they check your status with the airline or will also a non-status member get the upgraded status?
Old Dec 25, 2011, 12:08 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Interesting enough.. this year speaking to a supervisor, they looked at revenue spend to allow for an upgrade at booking they normally allowed, and disallowed my friend who didn't spend enough..

a bit of an obscure example, but I found it interesting how they can tell how much I spent so far this year, and query that info so quickly.. Perhaps a bit of difference in treatment on a go forward?
Old Dec 28, 2011, 9:55 am

Interesting enough.. this year speaking to a supervisor, they looked at revenue spend to allow for an upgrade at booking they normally allowed, and disallowed my friend who didn't spend enough..
Wow this says alot lol!

I also do know each FPC guest has a comment section on their record where employees can leaves notes about a guest. One of my friends who use to work for Fairmont checked mine out once and told me an employee put down I complained there was a bunch of seagull poop on the window.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 10:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by kokinos
Wow this says alot lol!

I also do know each FPC guest has a comment section on their record where employees can leaves notes about a guest. One of my friends who use to work for Fairmont checked mine out once and told me an employee put down I complained there was a bunch of seagull poop on the window.
7 years ago, a bunch of JPL employees pulled up my 'secret profile' and presented it to JPL GM Amanda Robinson.. had these negative tripadvisor reviews about the Orchid.. These were reviews I sent to FPC Platinum Patrick to bring attention to some really negative reviews other FPC members were posting on the internet, and the employees made the mistake saying that those were my reviews..

So I set the record straight a couple of times, including with JPL GM.. but why do I need to go through that?

Of course they've denied the existence of such secret profiles since.. but the running tally is years long now I bet.. Plus the Plat concierge numerous times have mentioned that they've read my postings here on FT..
Old Dec 29, 2011, 5:42 pm

Programs: AC*SE
Originally Posted by nmenaker
or got it for life for 1500$ :-)
i'm still annoyed i missed out on that one!
Old Jan 3, 2012, 12:25 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb

a bit of an obscure example, but I found it interesting how they can tell how much I spent so far this year, and query that info so quickly.. Perhaps a bit of difference in treatment on a go forward?
A few years back one could qualify for platinum status with either nights, stays, or revenue and they used to show this information on the website. Even after qualifying by revenue wasn't an option, they showed the total spend for a couple of years. I assume they still track it but it's not displayed anymore.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 9:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Tax Dude
A few years back one could qualify for platinum status with either nights, stays, or revenue and they used to show this information on the website. Even after qualifying by revenue wasn't an option, they showed the total spend for a couple of years. I assume they still track it but it's not displayed anymore.
Correct.. FPC certainly displayed revenue, but IIRC FPC never did qualify on revenue.

Yes, surprising that the supervisor looked up the revenue spent on my profile.. he didn't state my revenue, but he did say based on my spend, he could make an exception..
Old Jan 4, 2012, 7:31 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Correct.. FPC certainly displayed revenue, but IIRC FPC never did qualify on revenue.
You recall incorrectly The first couple of years that I was Plat, I qualified on revenue. That was probably 10 years ago or so.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 7:55 pm

Slightly off topic, but related to this discussion.

As I posted in another thread, I walked in the Admiral's Club at LAX in late September or October, and their was an FPC representative there offering a promo to achieve Plat status after 5 qualifying stays.

He went ahead and signed me up for the promo, and I then stayed 5 stays by the beginning of December. Today I called in to check, and the representative confirmed my Plat status. She said they would be mailing a package in early March, Plat status good through 3/2013.

If I stay 5 stays again this year, then Plat status through 3/2014.

I have to say that although this has the potential to annoy current Plat members by diluting the potential pool of benefits / upgrades available, in my case it was a good idea for FPC to offer this promo. They got the revenue of 5 stays from me in Q4 2011 (which Marriott and Hilton and Hyatt did not get).
They'll get at least 5 more stays from me this year. I already have booked a Chicago stay and a Sonoma Mission Inn stay for later this year, 5 total nights about $3K in revenue (hoping to use my upgrade certs for these stays).

Yes, I'll receive some benefits / upgrades that might have gone to somebody else. But Fairmont has gained a customer who stays in hotels a lot and so far has enjoyed my stays in their hotels (except for the old building at the San Jose Fairmont).

My biggest problem with them is the relative lack of hotels... So I'll keep Marriott as my primary program and stay in Fairmont's opportunistically.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 11:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Tax Dude
You recall incorrectly The first couple of years that I was Plat, I qualified on revenue. That was probably 10 years ago or so.
That would explain it..

I've been a FPC/Plat member since October 2002, so if it was 10 years ago, then I wouldn't even be able to comment, because I was single, not married, and never stayed at a Fairmont in my life back then..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.