Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

FPC Platinum status after one (!) night at an intīl location for AC Super Elites

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FPC Platinum status after one (!) night at an intīl location for AC Super Elites

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2011, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum

The new Air Canada has just been announced and thereīs an amazing offer for AC Super Elite members:

Youīll earn FPC Platinum status for 2012 and 2013 after completing one (!) stay at any international Fairmont property (properties in Canada, US, Mexico, Bermuda and Barbados are excluded).

Exclusive offer: Get on the fast-track to Platinum Status and Bonus Miles with Fairmont President’s Club

After just one international stay, receive the benefits of Platinum status in Fairmont President's Club, including Bonus Aeroplan Miles and enjoy your status through December 31, 2013.

Iīm sure the marketing department has its reasons, but it does make me wonder why I bother staying 30-60 nights at Fairmont hotels per year when one night every two years gets me the same benefits.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 12:47 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Is there a link or a signup?

I feel like Platinum may become diluted/reduced benefits
Old Dec 16, 2011, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AMRivlin
Is there a link or a signup?

I feel like Platinum may become diluted/reduced benefits
Sorry, here you go:

https://www2.aeroplan.com/promotions...entLanguage=en

And I fully agree, the only consequence of handing out Plat status like candy can be an "enhancement" of the benefits. The benefits have already been diluted somewhat this year. If the individual hotels continue to provide excellent service and benefits, Iīll likely continue to spend a a fair amount of nights at various Fairmont hotels, but with this promo Iīm certainly more flexible.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 2:07 pm

Programs: AC 75K
This is idiotic. FPC Plat will have no value after 10,000,000,000 Super Elites are given it for a single night's stay.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 6:38 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Well, every status in the world is suffering from being enhanced.

When Fairmont decided to give out free Platinum status to Amex Centurion holders, the benefits have been diluted.

Now this status is given out almost free to AC SEs. A further dilution will be seen.

Just like frequent flyer miles can be obtained by shopping with credit cards, or credit card churning. Just like CX Gold status are given to Platinum Amex holders...

This is a fact of life. I have gotten over it.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Air Koryo
This is idiotic. FPC Plat will have no value after 10,000,000,000 Super Elites are given it for a single night's stay.
I have heard there are 10,000 SEs.+ or -.

The requirement is an international stay that exclude stays at hotels and resorts in North America, Bermuda, Mexico and Barbados.

List shortens again with guys like me who are North American road warriors

Last edited by acysb87; Dec 19, 2011 at 2:33 pm
Old Dec 19, 2011, 10:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Any word yet about the changes..

Room and suite upgrades have seriously eroded this year at check-in for me.. I did receive a few, but with these enhancements, you would think hotels would care that a member is spending close to 55 or 60 nights in a Fairmont.. apparently, ime most Fairmont hotels just don't care..
Old Dec 21, 2011, 7:23 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Any word yet about the changes..

Room and suite upgrades have seriously eroded this year at check-in for me.. I did receive a few, but with these enhancements, you would think hotels would care that a member is spending close to 55 or 60 nights in a Fairmont.. apparently, ime most Fairmont hotels just don't care..
but plat is only 10 stays or 30 nights, (or just 5 nights with a canadian amex plat card), so it's not like plats are crazy stay accumulators.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 8:29 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by nmenaker
but plat is only 10 stays or 30 nights, (or just 5 nights with a canadian amex plat card), so it's not like plats are crazy stay accumulators.
The Fairmont website says that Platinum members get one free night certificate and two suite upgrades, see here.

Can someone confirm that these benefits are really given? In such a case, it could make sense to book one night under this promotion
Old Dec 21, 2011, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OliverM
The Fairmont website says that Platinum members get one free night certificate and two suite upgrades, see here.

Can someone confirm that these benefits are really given? In such a case, it could make sense to book one night under this promotion
Yes, thatīs the deal. One free night cert, two suite upgrade certs and a bunch of other bennies (thatīs assuming the program and benefits donīt change next year)
Old Dec 21, 2011, 8:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
imo, not great benefits.. and fairly weak until this past year when FPC decided to beef up Plat benefits with Passions certs..
Old Dec 22, 2011, 5:09 am

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
imo, not great benefits.. and fairly weak until this past year when FPC decided to beef up Plat benefits with Passions certs..
Great benefits if you're comped it, or only staying one night to get it.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 7:09 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Originally Posted by jarusoba
or got it for life for 1500$ :-)

I'm about 900$ to the good this year alone, 600$ one night at the plaza and extra 300$ in dining certs. I figure I'll be in the black by mid-2012 after another couple free night stays, free night planned in Scottsdale in January and a free massage. ;-)
Old Dec 22, 2011, 3:28 pm

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
Originally Posted by jarusoba
Yeah. Even though it's not a huge requirement to do 10 stays, the fact remains that PLT can be obtained in many ways with far fewer than 10 stays. I've been debating whether I should move my stays to another program, but I do like many of the Fairmont hotels. I certainly am not feeling much love from FPC lately.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 4:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Yes, thatīs the deal. One free night cert, two suite upgrade certs and a bunch of other bennies (thatīs assuming the program and benefits donīt change next year)
Does is mean that one needs to sign-up for the promo and get a free night after the first stay?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.