Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2011, 11:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Ranny48
Anybody have preferences for floors when staying in the deluxe suites?

Thanks in Advance.
I assume you're talking about the Deluxe Ocean View Suites..

I would recommend floors 6 or 7
Old Jul 5, 2011, 4:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, FB Plat, AS Gold, Marriott Gold, Fairmont Plat, BA wannabe
Well we're booked on the reno rates

It won't be the Pac Rim, but we're looking forward to our stay at the end of August (25-29).

We did the partial ocean view suite, with an upgrade to the the deluxe ocean-view suite and the free night certificate.

All in all, $9xx for 4 days (including breaky for 3 each day) isn't a bad deal.

One question - Has anyone tried to use the Passions "Free round of golf" certificate here for the Wailea course? I sent a message to the concierge, but I had to wanted to throw it to the experts here in the forum.

Are there any other "must dos" at (or nearby) the resort - aside from visiting Little Beach which my girlfriend has somehow known about for weeks.

Thanks again for all the help!
Old Jul 5, 2011, 11:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by fishferbrains
It won't be the Pac Rim, but we're looking forward to our stay at the end of August (25-29).

We did the partial ocean view suite, with an upgrade to the the deluxe ocean-view suite and the free night certificate.

One question - Has anyone tried to use the Passions "Free round of golf" certificate here for the Wailea course? I sent a message to the concierge, but I had to wanted to throw it to the experts here in the forum.

Are there any other "must dos" at (or nearby) the resort - aside from visiting Little Beach which my girlfriend has somehow known about for weeks.

I've tried the free round of golf pre-2005 and did not work.. The certificate is only good for Fairmont Owned and Operated Golf Courses.. and I believe after reading the T&C's the same applies..

The manager pre-2005 did give us two years in a row passes to the skins game.. We happened to be visiting the same week the skins game was on two years in a row.. The Wailea courses are prestine..
Old Jul 6, 2011, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, FB Plat, AS Gold, Marriott Gold, Fairmont Plat, BA wannabe
Thumbs up Apparent Passion certificate success!

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
I've tried the free round of golf pre-2005 and did not work.. The certificate is only good for Fairmont Owned and Operated Golf Courses.. and I believe after reading the T&C's the same applies..
The Wailea courses are prestine..
Well I'm happy to report I received the following email 5 minutes ago from the concierge at the Kea Lani. It appears things may have changed for the better!

Aloha Mr. Fishferbrains,

Thank you for choosing The Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui as your travel destination! We greatly appreciate your patience in our reply. The Wailea Golf Courses will accept reservations within 30 days of play. They have 3 courses to choose from: Wailea Blue, Emerald, and Gold. The Gold is the most challenging of the 3. When you arrive to check-in at the front desk, please present to the agent your Passions certificate. Our concierge can arrange your tee time and have the golf course charge them to our hotel. That way this credits your certificate.

When you are ready to make a reservation, please indicate which course and the date & time of play. They will require a credit card to secure your reservation if you don't already have one on file for us to refer to. The Wailea Courses have a 24 hr cancellation policy.

With warmest aloha,

Missy
Concierge
Old Jul 6, 2011, 11:06 pm
Suspended

Well I'm happy to report I received the following email 5 minutes ago from the concierge at the Kea Lani. It appears things may have changed for the better!
Great news!^

Plus Fairmont Kea Lani is a resort that offers complimentary club rentals for FPC members.. so a double whammy..

Usually Fairmont owned courses charge FPC members for club rentals.. and the hotels that don't have a Fairmont owned golf course, will offer complimentary club rentals..
Old Aug 9, 2011, 7:54 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Fairmont Presidents Club, SPG, Mariott,Continental, Westjet

How did you get breakfast as part of it? We're booked in later in the year, also under the reno rates ($2xx per night, similar to yours it seems), but there was no mention of having breakfast included. Since there are 4 in our party, that would make a big difference for us.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 10:49 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by annesdaughter
How did you get breakfast as part of it? We're booked in later in the year, also under the reno rates ($2xx per night, similar to yours it seems), but there was no mention of having breakfast included. Since there are 4 in our party, that would make a big difference for us.
Usually breakfast for 2 is included, if there is breakfast included.. and kids 5 and under eat free..

I often book on rates without breakfast included.. but you can do the breakfast add on at the front desk for $50 per day for 2 adults including gratuity.. if still available..
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:22 pm

wifi and parking fees, let me go look at the website

self parking is free, always use valet but budget is tight so will hope for reasonable parking options

wifi, still looking, need hi speed if possible for my connectify deal
Old Aug 10, 2011, 6:46 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite
Originally Posted by annesdaughter
If you book through a virtuoso travel agent, you get buffet breakfast for two included at no additional cost. My agent has been able to get them to give breakfast for 4 for us at no additional cost. He's got a very good working relationship with someone at the hotel though, so I'm not sure all virtuoso agents could arrange that. He always gets me a guaranteed upgrade too, at least one category and sometimes two, and a nice food basket upon arrival. Sometimes I've made my own deal with the hotel directly and then had him just take over the reservation and then I still get the breakfast, upgrade, etc.
I suggest that you ask a virtuoso agent to take over your reservation.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 10:51 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by randys1
wifi and parking fees, let me go look at the website

self parking is free, always use valet but budget is tight so will hope for reasonable parking options

wifi, still looking, need hi speed if possible for my connectify deal
I was offered first night valet parking for free upon arrival.. I opted right off the bat for self parking..

Originally Posted by ac/elite
If you book through a virtuoso travel agent, you get buffet breakfast for two included at no additional cost. My agent has been able to get them to give breakfast for 4 for us at no additional cost. He's got a very good working relationship with someone at the hotel though, so I'm not sure all virtuoso agents could arrange that. He always gets me a guaranteed upgrade too, at least one category and sometimes two, and a nice food basket upon arrival. Sometimes I've made my own deal with the hotel directly and then had him just take over the reservation and then I still get the breakfast, upgrade, etc.
What are the rates Virtuoso offer?
Old Aug 11, 2011, 8:48 am

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Red face Agent

Could you share your agents name/ contact? or pm me?
Thank you...
Old Aug 11, 2011, 9:59 am

yeah me too, i think I have one at pro travel but he may be out of town or something
Old Aug 11, 2011, 10:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by alexcturner
Could you share your agents name/ contact? or pm me?
Thank you...
Originally Posted by randys1
yeah me too, i think I have one at pro travel but he may be out of town or something
The Luxury Hotel Section of FT Travel & Dining.. where Ritz and Four Seasons are located.. resides many Virtuoso Agents who post..
Old Aug 11, 2011, 8:07 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro

What are the rates Virtuoso offer?
Any of the regular rates that you see on the website, but with at least one category upgrade. So if you want a OV room, look at the rate for the POV. However, he often gets me double category upgrades.

He can sometimes access better rates than what is on the website, but usually it is just the posted rates. I've sometimes negotiated my own rates with the hotel directly and then just have him take it over. I find that the hotel has been willing to to negotiate rates, particularly for stays over 2 weeks long.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 10:23 pm
Suspended

Any of the regular rates that you see on the website, but with at least one category upgrade. So if you want a OV room, look at the rate for the POV. However, he often gets me double category upgrades.

He can sometimes access better rates than what is on the website, but usually it is just the posted rates. I've sometimes negotiated my own rates with the hotel directly and then just have him take it over. I find that the hotel has been willing to to negotiate rates, particularly for stays over 2 weeks long.
We were thinking trying out the Kea Lani for 3 weeks one of these years.. We've only done max one week..

So will have to try a Virtuoso agent for the Kea Lani with method of reservation as you suggested.. if it works then the flight will be booked

We're planning for a week next spring break.. flights already booked to HNL, leaving from OGG

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.