Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2012, 1:58 am

Did anyone try the paddle boarding off the coast of this hotel?
Old Jan 13, 2012, 2:15 am

I found Ocean View Suite for $493-$510 on most dates at the Kea Lani here:

http://www.jetsetter.com/hotels/hawa...7&ca=view-more

If you happen to want an extra $25 off feel free to use my referral link, I'll also get $25 fyi after a purchase which helps with my beer and golf fund on my trips

http://www.jetsetter.com/invite/133789274apvmlq9rk6y
Old Jan 13, 2012, 10:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Great guns Kokinos.. btw, some great tips and finds lately.^
Old Jan 16, 2012, 2:12 am

Thanks AM. Between planning my two trips and moms I have slightly experienced the lifestyle of a travel agent!

You should know about the deal I got for my mom too, Hilton Montego Bay all inclusive platinum plan $1090 all in for 8 nights and direct flights!

She has already asked me to find her another trip in March since I was under half her budget
Old Jan 16, 2012, 12:51 pm

Programs: A little bit of miles and points scattered everywhere
im hoping to stay at the kea lani this summer. probably late july early august...i know peak summer season. 2 years ago my family stayed at the fairmont orchid and enjoyed our stay there and the kea lani seems superior even to that hotel. when i run rates on the fairmont site im coming up with basically $490 or so per night. the site says no offers are available such as AAA discount or their other promotions. Is this due to being 7 months out or is it typical to see no offers during this period? What would you experts suggest in order for me to see any savings? I also recall a way to get accelerated premier status with the saks card but i couldnt find any info on this on their site.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 7:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by koctail
im hoping to stay at the kea lani this summer. probably late july early august...i know peak summer season. 2 years ago my family stayed at the fairmont orchid and enjoyed our stay there and the kea lani seems superior even to that hotel. when i run rates on the fairmont site im coming up with basically $490 or so per night. the site says no offers are available such as AAA discount or their other promotions. Is this due to being 7 months out or is it typical to see no offers during this period? What would you experts suggest in order for me to see any savings? I also recall a way to get accelerated premier status with the saks card but i couldnt find any info on this on their site.
There is a 30% or 40% off promo for May/June, late July to middle September stays right now..
Old Jan 16, 2012, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
There is a 30% or 40% off promo for May/June, late July to middle September stays right now..
Hi Ancien,

Thanks for all your input on the board.
I, like many others here, am planning a honeymoon and have had a really difficult time selecting between FS and FKL. The FS to me seems to have an exceptional level of service however something about FKL is appealing to my fiance and I. Maybe its the bigger rooms, non-elbow bumping with celebrities feel or just the suites that the FKL offers.

The best deal I've been able to find is 20% off on a 5 night stay; (Or book 5 nights one night free). Please advise on where there are promos for 30% to 40% off in June. My stay in Maui will run from 6/20 until 6/25 before heading off to Kauai.

Thanks to you for all your posts and everyone else that contributes on this board.

Kindest regards,
BIG
Old Jan 17, 2012, 12:20 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by bigpictureboss
Hi Ancien,

Thanks for all your input on the board.
I, like many others here, am planning a honeymoon and have had a really difficult time selecting between FS and FKL. The FS to me seems to have an exceptional level of service however something about FKL is appealing to my fiance and I. Maybe its the bigger rooms, non-elbow bumping with celebrities feel or just the suites that the FKL offers.

The best deal I've been able to find is 20% off on a 5 night stay; (Or book 5 nights one night free). Please advise on where there are promos for 30% to 40% off in June. My stay in Maui will run from 6/20 until 6/25 before heading off to Kauai.

Thanks to you for all your posts and everyone else that contributes on this board.

Kindest regards,
BIG
Welcome to FT and congratulations on the engagement!

30% off Spring - May 11th to June 16th, 2012

http://www.fairmont.com/kealani/Hote...Spring2012.htm

40% off late Summer/Fall

http://www.fairmont.com/kealani/Hote...erFall2012.htm

I have friends that have been married at both the Four Seasons and Kea Lani.. Both hotels are spoken highly of..

Four Seasons will have the better service, and Kea Lani will have the nice suites.. I'm a loyal Fairmont President's Club Member, so I will stick with Fairmont when I can.. Unfortunately for me when we travel Spring Break this year, the dates I was looking for over Easter is exhorbitant high, so I opted for Four Seasons Manele Bay on Lanai, and will just stay a couple of nights in Kea Lani..
Old Jan 17, 2012, 7:12 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Fairmont Platinum
Welcome to FT and congratulations on the engagement!

30% off Spring - May 11th to June 16th, 2012

http://www.fairmont.com/kealani/Hote...Spring2012.htm

40% off late Summer/Fall

http://www.fairmont.com/kealani/Hote...erFall2012.htm

I have friends that have been married at both the Four Seasons and Kea Lani.. Both hotels are spoken highly of..

Four Seasons will have the better service, and Kea Lani will have the nice suites.. I'm a loyal Fairmont President's Club Member, so I will stick with Fairmont when I can.. Unfortunately for me when we travel Spring Break this year, the dates I was looking for over Easter is exhorbitant high, so I opted for Four Seasons Manele Bay on Lanai, and will just stay a couple of nights in Kea Lani..
I hit the 40% off link during their Cyber Monday say a few weeks ago. I managed to grab 2 Fairmont Kings for 289$ each a night. This for a week long September 2012 stay.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 1:11 pm

the 40% off starts Aug 25. i am coming up with nothing for late july early august. lowest price showing $499/night.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 3:21 pm

Thanks..

Thanks for the response. It looks as if I'm a week off the 30% discounts you are referencing in that I'm traveling on June 20th until June 25th (Maui leg of my trip). Any recommendations you or anyone else may have on places to stay in Kuaia, restaurants in Maui, excursions worth doing, means of securing FS at a reduced price along with other bargin hunter recommendations it would be appreciated. This Honeymoon trip is going to be the biggest trip of our lives .. Thanks for your thoughts.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 7:48 pm
Suspended

the 40% off starts Aug 25. i am coming up with nothing for late july early august. lowest price showing $499/night.
Kea Lani is strict with the high season, which is disappointing as I would have spent two weeks there if the rates didn't jump between April 1st to 12th.. very dissapointing.. but I secured a one bedroom suite ocean front at the Orchid as a replacement.. and very much looking forward to the 10 nights there..

I also secured 5 nights in a one bedroom suite with ocean view at Trump Waikiki at a below market rate of $250 before hitting up the Fairmont Orchid, 4 nights at the Four Seasons in Lanai, and will likely spend a couple of nights at Kea Lani before jumping the plane back home..

Thanks for the response. It looks as if I'm a week off the 30% discounts you are referencing in that I'm traveling on June 20th until June 25th (Maui leg of my trip). Any recommendations you or anyone else may have on places to stay in Kuaia, restaurants in Maui, excursions worth doing, means of securing FS at a reduced price along with other bargin hunter recommendations it would be appreciated. This Honeymoon trip is going to be the biggest trip of our lives .. Thanks for your thoughts.
I secured Four Seasons with my Virtuoso Agent who is a Preferred Partner.. got 4th night free, free breakfast, confirmed upgrade..
Old Jan 18, 2012, 12:43 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite
Never rely on the website for the best rate at the Kea Lani. If you call the hotel and speak to in-house reservations, they will tell you what they can do for you. I've often found that they can give me a fifth night free or some other promotion, even when it isn't yet on the website, which is often the case when the reservation is months out. I have stayed at the KL many times and have usually gotten a better rate than posted on the website and the hotel has always allowed me to transfer the reservation to my virtuoso agent after booking so that I get the breakfast and upgrades.

A couple more pointers - if you are a regular at the hotel, do not be afraid to try to negotiate a better rate or a category upgrade (without using certificates). If it isn't the highest of seasons, they will negotiate. If you can't get a rate you're happy with, have a virtuoso agent that books often at that hotel try for you. They bend over backwards to make my agent happy.

I just got back from almost 2 weeks at the hotel and had a 3 category upgrade (in addition to the free breakfast for two) and fifth night free, despite the fact the promo wasn't offered on the website at the time I booked. This was negotiated by my virtuoso agent and the great result was completely due to his relationship with the hotel. The upgrade was guaranteed in advance, not subject to availability.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 11:14 am

for Kauai my top choice would be the St Regis Princeville. that is a true top end luxury resort. a notch down but still very nice is the Hyatt on Kauai. you are more likely to run into lots of kids at the Hyatt, but they do have an adult only pool. the only drawback with the Princeville side of the island is more rain than over on Poipu where the Hyatt is. but when the sun is shining on the Princeville side of the island it is true paradise on earth.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 8:18 pm

How do I locate a virtuoso agent?

Any thoughts on kea koa in Kuaia?

Thanks a million for all the help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.