Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

The 13th Annual Chicago Seminars @ Delta Hotels by Marriott - October 13-15, 2023

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 13th Annual Chicago Seminars @ Delta Hotels by Marriott - October 13-15, 2023

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2023, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Adam1222
Of course, if they aren't actually threats of violence, but, for example, threats to take legal action as a result of one's actions or inactions with respect to business relationships, that's a whole different story...
I have not and do not have any business relationship with the persons organizing a different event this weekend at Holiday Inn, unless you count paying speaker and volunteer expenses at prior events for all speakers and volunteers, of which one was the first in line last year. I did not engage anyone for 2023 for so-called business roles beyond the implied understanding of a number of speakers and volunteers to continue in the same speaker or volunteer roles as in 2022, except for those such as had already then had timing conflicts or change of plans.

As I do not now you and unaware of your direct involvement, if any, I am skeptical of the completeness of your information. Perhaps you can lend some of your time to commentating on persons who have been making public attacks, which I do not think can be imagined away, and potentially motivating those, and that, which are not public.

I can assure you that none of this matter has been what I wanted. I am delivering the event I committed to the community last year. Other years have been exhilarating. This year has been heartbreaking. Yet, boarding my flight yesterday to an event I have come to dread, I saw the smiling face of an attendee, the last to board before the door closed. That smile followed upon landing by the ORD Delta Sky Club 'welcome back for your event, we haven't seen you much this year in between' greeting reminded me that what you get online is not the big and often wonderful world out there. Here we go for a great weekend.
SPN Lifer and Majuki like this.
Old Oct 12, 2023, 7:34 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by RapidTravelChai
I have not and do not have any business relationship with the persons organizing a different event this weekend at Holiday Inn, unless you count paying speaker and volunteer expenses at prior events for all speakers and volunteers, of which one was the first in line last year. I did not engage anyone for 2023 for so-called business roles beyond the implied understanding of a number of speakers and volunteers to continue in the same speaker or volunteer roles as in 2022, except for those such as had already then had timing conflicts or change of plans.

As I do not now you and unaware of your direct involvement, if any, I am skeptical of the completeness of your information. Perhaps you can lend some of your time to commentating on persons who have been making public attacks, which I do not think can be imagined away, and potentially motivating those, and that, which are not public.

I can assure you that none of this matter has been what I wanted. I am delivering the event I committed to the community last year. Other years have been exhilarating. This year has been heartbreaking. Yet, boarding my flight yesterday to an event I have come to dread, I saw the smiling face of an attendee, the last to board before the door closed. That smile followed upon landing by the ORD Delta Sky Club 'welcome back for your event, we haven't seen you much this year in between' greeting reminded me that what you get online is not the big and often wonderful world out there. Here we go for a great weekend.
I did not purport to have any information about the "threats" you vaguely alluded to in an act of faux humility. This is a discussion board, and I was discussing one possibility.
Your continued posts and vague side comments against others indicate you *do* want to perpetuate the drama.

Now, if you want to be semantic, you are free to reject my characterization of certain relationships you had with people co- organizing an event that charges an admission fee and enters into contracts as a business one. I haven't seen anyone publicly "threatening" your safety though, certainly not in this thread, which is what you claimed. Had I seen that, I certainly would have said something. What I've seen is people saying you dropped the ball on an event you assumed the responsibility to organize, and then some bickering when people stepped in to pick it up, and then continued bickering and messiness all around.

You're right, you don't know me, and I have no special insight. I do know what has been posted on FT and in various websites, and it doesn't support the continued victimhood posts and vague accusations against others.
I hope the event is worth it and goes smoothly, but the martyrdom is unnecessary and doesn't make you look good.

​​​​​​
​​​​​​

Last edited by Adam1222; Oct 12, 2023 at 7:41 pm
Old Oct 12, 2023, 9:52 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, IHG Spire, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Variety Show Online Access for Friday?

I purchased a ticket for the Variety Show (Online option) and have yet to receive any information on how to access/log into the event. Has this been sent out? I sent a message regarding this using the "Contact Organizer" provided by Eventbrite and am awaiting a reply, but any help here is appreciated.

Last edited by UM Fan; Oct 12, 2023 at 9:54 pm Reason: Gramatical correction
Old Oct 12, 2023, 10:01 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, IHG Spire, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Quick update that I have now heard from one of the organizers to say that the login link would be issued sometime later tonight.
Old Oct 13, 2023, 10:32 am

Programs: DL PM; Hilton Dia; Hyatt Glob
Not able to log in after purchasing a ticket. I have better uses for my time.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2023, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Bonus Comedy Show Tonight 10/14/23. All Chicago Seminars community members are welcome free of charge.

Attendee Derrick Tennant is a professional comedian (and Delta Diamond). He has generously offered to perform for us tonight as part of our charity raffle. "14 Sleeves Comedy Hour: Seven Shirts. No Home Address. Live Simply. Love Completely."

Get your drinks at 5:45, the show starts at 6:00.

Address: Delta Hotels by Marriott Chicago Willowbrook, 7800 Kingery Hwy, Willowbrook, IL 60527
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

14th Chicago Seminars at Holiday Inn Heritage Edition 2024 has launched. October 25-27, 2024. Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove. $165, no price increase from 2023. Includes online 3rd Chicago Seminars Variety Show the morning of October 25, 2024. Variety Show-only tickets are available for $14. Ticketing here. FT thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.