FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 13th Annual Chicago Seminars @ Delta Hotels by Marriott - October 13-15, 2023
Old Oct 12, 2023, 4:32 pm
RapidTravelChai

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Adam1222
Of course, if they aren't actually threats of violence, but, for example, threats to take legal action as a result of one's actions or inactions with respect to business relationships, that's a whole different story...
I have not and do not have any business relationship with the persons organizing a different event this weekend at Holiday Inn, unless you count paying speaker and volunteer expenses at prior events for all speakers and volunteers, of which one was the first in line last year. I did not engage anyone for 2023 for so-called business roles beyond the implied understanding of a number of speakers and volunteers to continue in the same speaker or volunteer roles as in 2022, except for those such as had already then had timing conflicts or change of plans.

As I do not now you and unaware of your direct involvement, if any, I am skeptical of the completeness of your information. Perhaps you can lend some of your time to commentating on persons who have been making public attacks, which I do not think can be imagined away, and potentially motivating those, and that, which are not public.

I can assure you that none of this matter has been what I wanted. I am delivering the event I committed to the community last year. Other years have been exhilarating. This year has been heartbreaking. Yet, boarding my flight yesterday to an event I have come to dread, I saw the smiling face of an attendee, the last to board before the door closed. That smile followed upon landing by the ORD Delta Sky Club 'welcome back for your event, we haven't seen you much this year in between' greeting reminded me that what you get online is not the big and often wonderful world out there. Here we go for a great weekend.