Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Eye of the Flyer

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2022, 8:37 am
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
I like the idea pf going to cubicles in the Sky Clubs with four amex card holders to a cubicle and no restrictions on AMEX entrance unless the cubicles are full
Old Jul 15, 2022, 11:43 am

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
Uninformed, yet another woke blogger moron spouting off.
surprised he didn’t call the crowd control lines violations against marginalized groups

Last edited by lindros2; Jul 15, 2022 at 1:39 pm
Old Jul 15, 2022, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by tuneman005
Which sky clubs seemed to be the worst, traffic wise? I'm transiting through BOS, ATL, and JFK in the next few months and haven't experienced it in any of them.
It all depends upon the time of day and day of the week. JFK is especially sensitive to those factors.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by indufan
It all depends upon the time of day and day of the week. JFK is especially sensitive to those factors.
And even in ATL, specific clubs are worse during certain parts of the day. E and F are far busier in the late afternoon and evening as the TATL flight bank starts (and as the TATL flights are starting to come in). But E & F can be pretty quite in the morning to early afternoon.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 12:34 pm

"blogger speculates" means about zero. I mean my kids can daydream up all sorts of "speculation" that is just as interesting as anything I've seen a blogger spew for clicks.

oh it's rene?

Last edited by oliver2002; Aug 10, 2022 at 1:16 am Reason: https://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules#images
Old Jul 15, 2022, 1:41 pm

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
"blogger speculates" means about zero. I mean my kids can daydream up all sorts of "speculation" that is just as interesting as anything I've seen a blogger spew for clicks.

oh it's rene?
Wait - are you unemployed? Do you have a beef against society?
You TOO can be a blogger!
Look at Christopher Elliott!
(https://www.elliott.org/)
Adam1222 and hhdl like this.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 7:58 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriot Gold
Which sky clubs seemed to be the worst, traffic wise? I'm transiting through BOS, ATL, and JFK in the next few months and haven't experienced it in any of them.
JFK for sure, coming back from AMS around 4 pm the line to get in was long. It was empty during the morning though. I have not experienced any issues on any of the ATL or BOS clubs yet.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 9:54 pm

Boston is normally fine. Have yet to have an issue there (AF club on E is a damn mad house from what I hear though)
JFK is fine, and getting more club space, except during the big TATL push. This is probably the hub that will benefit by far from the D1 club opening though.

ATL is hit or miss depending on the club (ATL B, NOT YOU!......aka B is always a cluster)
I have been in T and A center one day and them be a ghost town, then the next day same time they have lines. You can also go to A center it have a line and walk down to the other A club and it be empty.
It just is very dependent on the day. The good thing is, if you don't mind walking around some, you can almost always find a club that isn't very busy. C and D clubs are pretty reliable for that.

T use to be till all the people that knew about the T club starting running their f&%king mouths! about the club existing.
Originally Posted by emma dog
I’m ATL based and have experienced it there for midday flights both weekday and weekend. B and D terminals most often.
D really? I don't think ive ever had an issue on D or C. B, as I said above, is always a mad house. I think Delta could build a new club on the other side of B that is a minor image of the current B club and both of those clubs would be mad houses.
but if it pulls the people away from the window seats at A center, I'm all for it.
Originally Posted by indufan
ATL E&F are the same way. Morning time they can be a ghost town. Evening TATL rush and they are balls to the wall.
arunhn likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2023, 10:51 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Classic example on how to be disgusted by a loyalty program and push its cards at the same time:

https://eyeoftheflyer.com/2023/09/28...am-ever-again/
Old Oct 1, 2023, 6:52 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Classic example on how to be disgusted by a loyalty program and push its cards at the same time:

Shameless.

I LOVE it!
hockeystl likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 11:36 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by oliver2002

Among rational consumer responses to the customer-hostile changes from DL is this:

getting off the DL elite status chasing hamster wheel and using credit card benefits instead to save money while having to fly DL anyway.

So some will be signing up for or downgrading DL Amex card products even when being disgusted by DL being DL in doing these changes to status acquisition/retention and lounge access.
Old Oct 8, 2023, 1:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
At first glance I thought the title said Eye of the Tiger & now I can't get that song out of my head
IndyHoosier likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.