Wiki Posts
Search

Nonstop Dan

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2020, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Nonstop Dan

Originally Posted by NWplatinum
I genuinely like JoshCahill’s review videos on YouTube. He seems like a nice person and not someone annoying like non-stop Dan. What I can’t seem to understand is aside from sharing his trips with us which I appreciate, does he have anything else that helps? A website? An e-mail to share? Does he post on here?

Obviously he likes to share his adventures, but is it purely just a travel vlog? Or does he have anything to offer on advice on the points front?
Why don't you like nonstop Dan, he is honest and won't take any flights or sponsorships from airlines. He also blurs people's faces so no privacy issues there.

Regards
Old Apr 16, 2020, 2:10 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Marcel B.
Why don't you like nonstop Dan, he is honest and won't take any flights or sponsorships from airlines. He also blurs people's faces so no privacy issues there.

Regards
What can I say? He just comes across as annoying...
Old Aug 17, 2020, 9:56 am
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
Youtube decided I should watch some Josh Cahill videos, which led me here and to the Dan comments above.

I don't believe Josh Cahill offers any privacy to other passengers considering the weird looks I see in the background of his videos. In fact, it's hard to take him seriously at all considering his dramatic rants against anyone and anything that has offended him. The Air China / Beijing immigration problem is a great example since it was clearly Josh's fault. I'm glad he shows some unique airlines, but I can't stand to watch his petty videos.

Nonstop Dan may be a bit more down to earth, but he suffers from a similar sense of entitlement. It's entirely possible that another passenger complained about his camera/narration and it is perfectly within Etihad's right to preserve their experience. Dan shouldn't feel "uncomfortable" that he's made others feel weird around his cameras. He should feel "bad". Dan seems to think he's entitled to film wherever & whenever he wants and his need to find a complaint in any product just shows that he doesn't belong in these cabins to begin with.

I'm not siding with Sam Chui here, either, who clearly isn't credible for the reasons Dan mentions in his video.

It's so hard to watch any of these vloggers because they either (a) are clearly paid sponsorships or (b) are made by "independent" vloggers who make comments proving that they don't know what they're talking about.
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2020, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by TBD
Youtube decided I should watch some Josh Cahill videos, which led me here and to the Dan comments above.

I don't believe Josh Cahill offers any privacy to other passengers considering the weird looks I see in the background of his videos. In fact, it's hard to take him seriously at all considering his dramatic rants against anyone and anything that has offended him. The Air China / Beijing immigration problem is a great example since it was clearly Josh's fault. I'm glad he shows some unique airlines, but I can't stand to watch his petty videos.

Nonstop Dan may be a bit more down to earth, but he suffers from a similar sense of entitlement. It's entirely possible that another passenger complained about his camera/narration and it is perfectly within Etihad's right to preserve their experience. Dan shouldn't feel "uncomfortable" that he's made others feel weird around his cameras. He should feel "bad". Dan seems to think he's entitled to film wherever & whenever he wants and his need to find a complaint in any product just shows that he doesn't belong in these cabins to begin with.

I'm not siding with Sam Chui here, either, who clearly isn't credible for the reasons Dan mentions in his video.

It's so hard to watch any of these vloggers because they either (a) are clearly paid sponsorships or (b) are made by "independent" vloggers who make comments proving that they don't know what they're talking about.
Yeah, after I got more in depth to some of Cahills videos I can see why he’s a little bit of a complainer.

You lost me when you said nonstop dan is “more down to earth.” He’s one of the most annoying people out there.
Old Aug 22, 2020, 6:45 am
TBD

Originally Posted by NWplatinum
Yeah, after I got more in depth to some of Cahills videos I can see why he’s a little bit of a complainer.

You lost me when you said nonstop dan is “more down to earth.” He’s one of the most annoying people out there.
My "more down to earth" wasn't really an endorsement.
I think Dan might have enough sense to follow immigration laws and then, if he didn't, recognize that being detained at the border might be his own fault. Therefore, relative to Josh, Dan is "more down to earth."
It wasn't a very high standard to meet.
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 12:50 pm
TBD

Nonstop Dan

I didn't see a 'super thread' for Nonstop Dan. So I thought I'd add two points:

1. I thought you all might enjoy this little gem I found on the interwebs today...
https://www.quora.com/Why-do-people-...nd-Nonstop-Dan

2. I've noticed a lot of Nonstop Dan 'documentary' shows on youtube, although I haven't watched any because I don't really feel like he's qualified to figure out why an airline <does whatever> ....
NWplatinum likes this.

Last edited by TBD; Mar 2, 2021 at 1:06 pm
Old Jun 7, 2021, 11:32 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
I sorta like him, but...

poor boy got a massive upgrade to LX F, but had to stand in line at immigration (which isn't under LX control...) Oh, the humanity!
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 12:09 pm
TBD

Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
I sorta like him, but...

poor boy got a massive upgrade to LX F, but had to stand in line at immigration (which isn't under LX control...) Oh, the humanity!
That seems to be his outlook on life. Everything is terrible.
NWplatinum, Parterre and ysolde like this.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 9:51 pm

Are we talking about Cahill who never stops complaining or nonstop Dan? I’ve ditched OMAAT for his political hypocrisy and annoying climate change BS that applies to everyone except him.
cruisr and labdoctor like this.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 7:14 am
TBD

Threads got combined, so I guess both.
YouTube figured out that it shouldn't bother recommending either to me, so I don't have any recent videos to complain about.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 9:24 am

Nonstop Dan seems to have gotten married (or a boyfriend) recently and is now posting more general travel videos on another channel called "Oskar and Dan".
Old Feb 10, 2022, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Yes, he does travel videos too with his boyfriend Oskar, he said they have been together since high school. You do seem to see him in older videos if you look out for him but for the past couple of years they've both been doing videos.

Both but I asked why everyone seems to dislike nonstop dan so much here.

Originally Posted by TBD
I didn't see a 'super thread' for Nonstop Dan. So I thought I'd add two points:

1. I thought you all might enjoy this little gem I found on the interwebs today...
https://www.quora.com/Why-do-people-...nd-Nonstop-Dan

2. I've noticed a lot of Nonstop Dan 'documentary' shows on youtube, although I haven't watched any because I don't really feel like he's qualified to figure out why an airline <does whatever> ....
Why would you assume that? I've watched them and seem pretty good, he seems to have found success in them given the number of views.

Last edited by oliver2002; Feb 13, 2022 at 4:05 am Reason: 3 posts merged
Old Feb 10, 2022, 5:43 pm
TBD

Originally Posted by Marcel B.
Why would you assume that? I've watched them and seem pretty good, he seems to have found success in them given the number of views.
Dan has shown us in every "review" video that sitting in the F cabin does not come with the knowledge to understand or evaluate the wine, food, or service you receive there.
Similarly, sitting in that seat does not come with knowledge of business administration. I don't believe he has any formal relevant education, either.

I don't take investment advice from a McDonalds cashier. Why would anyone listen to business advice from a naive youtuber?
Old Feb 10, 2022, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by TBD
Dan has shown us in every "review" video that sitting in the F cabin does not come with the knowledge to understand or evaluate the wine, food, or service you receive there.
Similarly, sitting in that seat does not come with knowledge of business administration. I don't believe he has any formal relevant education, either.

I don't take investment advice from a McDonalds cashier. Why would anyone listen to business advice from a naive youtuber?
It's funner that way.

David
superboi likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 12:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TBD

Seems like you distrust him just because he is young. He is college educated but I don't really believe that makes a difference, there was no need to crap on McDonald's workers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.