8th Annual Chicago Seminars - October 20 - 22, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 17, 2017, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Middle_Seat
Dates for 2017 event are: Oct 20-22, 2017

* Event Registration: http://chicagoseminars2017.eventbrite.com - lunch and daily snacks are included in registration (breakfast is NOT included in registration ... see below)
* Hotel registration is in post # 2 (Breakfast for 1 is included in room rate). Host hotel is SOLD OUT.
* Schedule of weekend events is in post #3.
* Current event sponsors in post #4 (and email provided if someone is interested in sponsoring)
* Some info re: charity raffle is in post #5.
* Request for volunteers is in post #6. (volunteers get a thanks & handshake - and an apple).
* A full list of the current speakers is in post #7

The Elk Grove Village Holiday Inn (+1-847-437-6010) shuttle normally leaves the hotel on the hour and the airport on the half hour. Domestic arrivals pick up at Door 2, international arrivals at Door 5E.
Print Wikipost

8th Annual Chicago Seminars - October 20 - 22, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2017, 6:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: ??????????
Originally Posted by kingrat
My points were valid and not inappropriate but will fall on deaf ears - Maybe if I ran a blog, etc they would be at least listened to but I don't and I will leave it as that. As for flyertalk supporting the TOS.. hahahahahahah yea Right. I decided I won't attend Chicago and gave my ticket to someone else and a few other people I know did the same. I hope the event is a great success and raises alot of money for it's causes.
Thanks for the positive hopes -- I'd suggest you scrap the defeatist attitude if you actually care and want something improved.

I guess we come from two different schools of thought. Mine has been if you genuinely want to change something, get involved. If you don't get involved, you don't care enough to make a difference.

I wish you'd change your mind and put some effort forward, like many of the volunteers we have at the event, but that is your decision to (not) make.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by thehowieee
Thanks for the positive hopes -- I'd suggest you scrap the defeatist attitude if you actually care and want something improved.

I guess we come from two different schools of thought. Mine has been if you genuinely want to change something, get involved. If you don't get involved, you don't care enough to make a difference.

I wish you'd change your mind and put some effort forward, like many of the volunteers we have at the event, but that is your decision to (not) make.
If you look I have asked - Last month and no response. Mar 3, 17, 11:27 am

Would love to volunteer or speak..
I don't consider myself a defeatist, but rather spend my energy on things that can be changed, things for this year seem to be set and I don't know the majority of people speaking to offer topics, I just brought up some of the questions I hear from everyday hobbyist people and especially things I hear from people during breaks at FTU and at CS.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 10:51 am

Update:

Registration will open Friday, March 31, 2017 @ 12pm Eastern. Sorry, life got in the way and have to get a bunch still done
How do I change some of the sessions I signed up for? I went to Seattle FTU and realized I signed up for dup topics. Email through eventbrite?
Old Apr 9, 2017, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nglasgow
How do I change some of the sessions I signed up for? I went to Seattle FTU and realized I signed up for dup topics. Email through eventbrite?
go back to your registration or email [email protected] and I'll change it if possible.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 10:59 am
Original Poster

If you look I have asked - Last month and no response. Mar 3, 17, 11:27 am

I don't consider myself a defeatist, but rather spend my energy on things that can be changed, things for this year seem to be set and I don't know the majority of people speaking to offer topics, I just brought up some of the questions I hear from everyday hobbyist people and especially things I hear from people during breaks at FTU and at CS.
You most certainly did and I most certainly didn't see it. That said, I did ask for volunteers to email. Regardless, you offered and were ignored and I apologize for that.

Ah well, sorry you won't make it and I hope for many left turns when you board your flights.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 6:04 pm
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Just registered for my first seminar.

I would be interested in leading the American break out session. I am not sure exactly what it entails, but if I do fly American quite a bit have been EXP for a few years and have redeemed a lot of their miles.

Have been saying I would like to check this out since 2014 so glad to make it happen this year.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Long Train Runnin
Just registered for my first seminar.

I would be interested in leading the American break out session. I am not sure exactly what it entails, but if I do fly American quite a bit have been EXP for a few years and have redeemed a lot of their miles.

Have been saying I would like to check this out since 2014 so glad to make it happen this year.
Glad you'll make it! We've got a leader for the AA session, I just haven't updated the post yet, sorry about that.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 6:13 am
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Glad you'll make it! We've got a leader for the AA session, I just haven't updated the post yet, sorry about that.
No worries. Looking forward to finally making it.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 5:05 pm

Programs: AA, Delta,SW, UA
Is there a group code for the hotel?
Old Apr 17, 2017, 5:50 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by tiarraq
Is there a group code for the hotel?
It is embedded into the link in post #2 . See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27964927-post2.html
Old Apr 17, 2017, 6:30 am

Programs: AA, Delta,SW, UA
Thanks. Newbie here
Old Apr 17, 2017, 9:44 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by tiarraq
Thanks. Newbie here
No problem. Chicago is focused on those new to the game. You will have a blast! ^
Old Apr 18, 2017, 9:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Just received the event email 30 minutes ago. Is the hotel already sold out? I'm showing no availability when using the above link from a desktop/laptop.

-FlyerBeek
Old Apr 18, 2017, 9:51 am

Programs: United platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Explorist, IHG plat
Gotta get those bloggers to talk about Chicago Seminars. Stefan K of Rapid Travel Chai is the only one I've seen mention it so far.

Also, can you let us know what charity (ies) you'll be supporting this year?
Old Apr 18, 2017, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dmat
Gotta get those bloggers to talk about Chicago Seminars. Stefan K of Rapid Travel Chai is the only one I've seen mention it so far.

Also, can you let us know what charity (ies) you'll be supporting this year?
Got any worthy suggestions? We haven't decided yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.