8th Annual Chicago Seminars - October 20 - 22, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 17, 2017, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Middle_Seat
Dates for 2017 event are: Oct 20-22, 2017

* Event Registration: http://chicagoseminars2017.eventbrite.com - lunch and daily snacks are included in registration (breakfast is NOT included in registration ... see below)
* Hotel registration is in post # 2 (Breakfast for 1 is included in room rate). Host hotel is SOLD OUT.
* Schedule of weekend events is in post #3.
* Current event sponsors in post #4 (and email provided if someone is interested in sponsoring)
* Some info re: charity raffle is in post #5.
* Request for volunteers is in post #6. (volunteers get a thanks & handshake - and an apple).
* A full list of the current speakers is in post #7

The Elk Grove Village Holiday Inn (+1-847-437-6010) shuttle normally leaves the hotel on the hour and the airport on the half hour. Domestic arrivals pick up at Door 2, international arrivals at Door 5E.
Print Wikipost

8th Annual Chicago Seminars - October 20 - 22, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2017, 3:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by balian1131
Rene: Introduction to Manufactured Spending
Originally Posted by thehowieee
For example, Manufactured Spend strategies are constantly evolving. I'm confident Rene won't be talking about how awesome bluebird and vanilla reload are for bulking up on spend.
A few bits since I was called out ;-)

Keep in mind the part is INTRO not ADVANCED MS. While I am doing about 5k/day that will not be the focus of this part.

The CS are normally upward of 50% new folks who have never been to one of these. Some may never ever have playing with MS ever. Much of what needs to be covered is the basics. Sure I will touch on some of the current "best" choices but much is the risk/reward/types and goals. Much of this is basic and does not change that much.

Now if you want some advanced ideas, just by coming, you can feel free to buy me a beer at the bar and we can chat all you want and share ideas. Really that is half the fun THIS event as we are around all day long to chat with outside the sessions. ^
Old Apr 4, 2017, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by Renes Points
A few bits since I was called out ;-)

Keep in mind the part is INTRO not ADVANCED MS. While I am doing about 5k/day that will not be the focus of this part.

The CS are normally upward of 50% new folks who have never been to one of these. Some may never ever have playing with MS ever. Much of what needs to be covered is the basics. Sure I will touch on some of the current "best" choices but much is the risk/reward/types and goals. Much of this is basic and does not change that much.

Now if you want some advanced ideas, just by coming, you can feel free to buy me a beer at the bar and we can chat all you want and share ideas. Really that is half the fun THIS event as we are around all day long to chat with outside the sessions. ^
Will see you there Renes !! Cheers
Old Apr 5, 2017, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by thehowieee
just tried to send you a PM reply, but FT says "kingrat has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."
I adjusted my settings

Last edited by kingrat; Apr 5, 2017 at 8:20 am
Old Apr 5, 2017, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
hopefully I can make it this year.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 5:52 am

Comments Deleted

Last edited by kingrat; Apr 5, 2017 at 8:18 am Reason: Didn't want anyone to have hurt feelings
Old Apr 5, 2017, 6:10 am

Programs: All of Them
Originally Posted by kingrat

Topics I would like to see - How to travel the world when you have a full-time job and kids, etc and shouldn't be from someone that travels the world for work or doesn't have a job.
I hope you'll come to my seminar. Full time job, 2 kids, we travel all the time.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by Richklhs
I hope you'll come to my seminar. Full time job, 2 kids, we travel all the time.

Last edited by kingrat; Apr 5, 2017 at 8:06 am Reason: Dont want anyone's feeling hurt
Old Apr 5, 2017, 7:30 am

Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
Just sent an email - sign me up for the Saturday morning 8AM-9:45AM volunteer slot!
Old Apr 5, 2017, 7:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: ??????????
Originally Posted by financialhippie
Just sent an email - sign me up for the Saturday morning 8AM-9:45AM volunteer slot!
thank you ^
Old Apr 5, 2017, 8:19 am

Thanks Howie - I deleted all my previous comments and will keep them to myself in the future. See you in Chicago
Old Apr 5, 2017, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: ??????????
Thanks Howie - I deleted all my previous comments and will keep them to myself in the future. See you in Chicago
I hope you don't keep them to yourself. Please encourage anyone with comments that have them to reach out to me directly as well.

Feedback is needed, and while suggestions may not be implemented, it is appreciated to receive them because it means someone cares. Attendees and volunteers make this event successful, and I want to ensure it continues to be just that.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 12:29 pm

We have a great deal of thin skin people and I don't want to upset anyone and after a few negative personal messages I received I don't I won't say anything else. It also reminds me why I don't use flyertalk.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, IHG Amb Diamond
We have a great deal of thin skin people and I don't want to upset anyone and after a few negative personal messages I received I don't I won't say anything else. It also reminds me why I don't use flyertalk.
IMHO the comments from kingrat were not inappropriate for public posting. We are attending a paid event, not just a community get together, so I think certain expectations are in order. If comments and feedback help improve the content, more power to them.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 5:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Governator
IMHO the comments from kingrat were not inappropriate for public posting. We are attending a paid event, not just a community get together, so I think certain expectations are in order. If comments and feedback help improve the content, more power to them.
Which actually is what I think howie was saying. He welcomes input. I didn't actually see the input kingrat provided, as he deleted everything before I logged on.

Maybe it was appropriate; maybe it wasn't. I think deleting anything on FT because worrying about hurting someone's feelings is a bit silly (but that's just me).

If a public post or a private PM violates TOS, then the mods should be notified. If it doesn't violate TOS & is just snarky, then eh, deal w/ it. Whether it's the kumbaya or the everything sucks category, both go w/ the territory. Shrug.

Cheers.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Which actually is what I think howie was saying. He welcomes input. I didn't actually see the input kingrat provided, as he deleted everything before I logged on.

Maybe it was appropriate; maybe it wasn't. I think deleting anything on FT because worrying about hurting someone's feelings is a bit silly (but that's just me).

If a public post or a private PM violates TOS, then the mods should be notified. If it doesn't violate TOS & is just snarky, then eh, deal w/ it. Whether it's the kumbaya or the everything sucks category, both go w/ the territory. Shrug.

Cheers.
My points were valid and not inappropriate but will fall on deaf ears - Maybe if I ran a blog, etc they would be at least listened to but I don't and I will leave it as that. As for flyertalk supporting the TOS.. hahahahahahah yea Right. I decided I won't attend Chicago and gave my ticket to someone else and a few other people I know did the same. I hope the event is a great success and raises alot of money for it's causes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.