Reload this Page >

One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2018, 10:58 am

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by josephstern
Because you don't believe it will actually come to pass?
Marriott explicitly said it will not apply to all-suite properties.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Ben is also wrong about AMEX Plat getting Marriott Plat. They're going to get gold.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ctownflyer
Ben is also wrong about AMEX Plat getting Marriott Plat. They're going to get gold.
I think Ben was looking for a new copy editor . . . you free?
Old Apr 17, 2018, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
They are getting Plat until 2019. Confirmed to me in person tonight by Marriott’s Euro loyalty head. This was not spontaneous - I asked him at the press conference this morning and he spent the afternoon finding out.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by Raffles
They are getting Plat until 2019. Confirmed to me in person tonight by Marriott’s Euro loyalty head. This was not spontaneous - I asked him at the press conference this morning and he spent the afternoon finding out.
David Flueck said on the FB live with TPG that you won't get Platinum unless you earned it from Marriott, not from SPG or AMEX Platinum.
Lots of contradictory info going around it seems.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

David Flueck said on the FB live with TPG that you won't get Platinum unless you earned it from Marriott, not from SPG or AMEX Platinum.
Lots of contradictory info going around it seems.
Except we can make them do it our way by making it too embarrassing not to ....
Old Apr 18, 2018, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here is Marriott's APAC head specifically confirming Amex Plat gets Marriott Plat to the year end - https://www.ausbt.com.au/five-things...tm_source=hero
Old Apr 18, 2018, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
Here is Marriott's APAC head specifically confirming Amex Plat gets Marriott Plat to the year end - https://www.ausbt.com.au/five-things...tm_source=hero
Always good to have conflicting info from Marriott executives:
SPG Gold today? You will NOT be getting Platinum after August 1st.

Any word on when exactly that status will expire?

Last edited by ctownflyer; Apr 18, 2018 at 8:24 am
Old Apr 18, 2018, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Always good to have conflicting info from Marriott executives:
SPG Gold today? You will NOT be getting Platinum after August 1st.

Any word on when exactly that status will expire?
I was told December last night.

Remember when they rolled back on 'not guaranteed' 4pm check-out under blogger pressure? I reckon that will happen here. LOTS of people will have booked holiday travel for August expecting free breakfast - which, for a family travelling, can add up.

The hotels are the one footing the bill anyway.

Last edited by Raffles; Apr 18, 2018 at 9:36 am
Old Apr 21, 2018, 6:23 pm

Programs: *G, oneworld Sapphire
I was hoping when OMAAT brought on some new contributors that they'd write from a slightly different perspective. Instead, James seems to be Lucky with frosted hair and British spelling. Seriously, his latest couple of posts almost seem like parodies, how can someone be so out of touch with reality?
Adam1222 likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by LeaveYourDailyHell
I was hoping when OMAAT brought on some new contributors that they'd write from a slightly different perspective. Instead, James seems to be Lucky with frosted hair and British spelling. Seriously, his latest couple of posts almost seem like parodies, how can someone be so out of touch with reality?
I would assume that the some of his first posts were written some time ago while he was interviewing for OMAAT to demonstrate his writing skills. If so, I don't know what is worse... that he wrote that the capital of Turkey was Istanbul, or that Ben and his whole team didn't catch it while reading this "test" material.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 2:22 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
With the amount of material posted, that slip will hardly be noticed... anyone remember Daniel who posted a few times?
Old Apr 23, 2018, 10:47 pm

I'm not referring to the mix-up RE: Ankara and Istanbul, but just how generally clueless his worldview is. Two Luckys are of no benefit to OMAAT, let alone the internet.
Adam1222 and rt23456p like this.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can't judge people on a couple of posts. Anyone on FT could write a handful of blog posts. It is when you are churning out hundreds per year that you realise if you are good or not.

I think OMAAT is done now in its current format. Ben has by his own admission flown literally every F product in the world. Marriage and perhaps family loom. We are heading towards a slightly more miles-centric multi-author TPG. Which is fine, and I certainly couldn't have kept up Ben's pace either all these years.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 2:58 am

See, I feel like once that happens OMAAT is done period. Ben and his team (with the exception of perhaps Tiffany) cannot compete with the big personalities, high gloss and, you know, actual travel experiences TPG writes about. Maybe Brian/Zach will poach Tiffany and that's how OMAAT will die. I think Ford's parents are loaded anyway, so it's not like Lucky needs the money now that they're married.
rt23456p likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.