Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

What is the most useful frequent flyer blog?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is the most useful frequent flyer blog?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2013, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by Astrophsx
I'm just curious, why is MileValue putting up application links that lead to justanotherpointstraveler's blog?
Don't think angelina is paying mv. I recall a tweet a few months ago but I can't seem to find it.

Originally Posted by kokonutz
lol, it looks like the plane is trying to poop out an equation, but can't because it has diarrhea. @:-)
ROFL!

Originally Posted by gpapadop
Check out the new addition to Boarding Area, Extra Pack of Peanuts with "2013 Credit Card March Madness Sweet Sixteen". I wonder if he paid a premium to gain BA access so he can take advantage of the Chase affiliate links? If I was a BA blogger and had a vote who gets in I would certainly vote NO because BA certainly does NOT need more credit card affiliate links cannibalizing each other!

My own two cents. Now excuse while I go throw up again!
Don't think epop has quite gotten his chase links yet.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 11:52 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by yerffej201
Don't think epop has quite gotten his chase links yet.
I think he did as soon as he joined Boarding Area!
Old Mar 21, 2013, 12:01 pm

I think he did as soon as he joined Boarding Area!
He is already a boardingarea "partner." That CSP link doesn't look affiliate, but I could be wrong?

and i found angelina's tweet:

@FlyerTalkerinA2 hey, milevalues cc links are linking @angelinaaucello. Interesting.

Angelina Aucello ‏@angelinaaucello 6 Jan
@FlyerTalkerinA2 ah yes, I know... scott lost a terrible bet in 2012 and now he owes me $1 million - poor guy. :-P JK

Thoughts?
Old Mar 21, 2013, 12:27 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
I know Angelina. She is friends with MV. She told me there is no deal between them and I believer her. I think MV should join Boarding Area if he wants to get his own Chase links at least he posts some good stuff every once in a while
Old Mar 21, 2013, 12:31 pm

I know Angelina. She is friends with MV. She told me there is no deal between them and I believer her. I think MV should join Boarding Area if he wants to get his own Chase links at least he posts some good stuff every once in a while
So i'm right. Ha!
Old Mar 21, 2013, 2:32 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Looking at the big 'unbiased' <3 AA 77W going on this week, I read another example of how travel blogger <3 can be ensured. Take a look at the tweets of Brooke from Mar 11 onwards

https://twitter.com/brookeschoenman
Old Mar 21, 2013, 2:56 pm

So that doesn't go to explain why Milevalue is creating articles to produce credit card sign ups, then linking them in a way that another blogger gets money. We aren't talking $50 here... Just a bit weird.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 3:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9930; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.755 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by Astrophsx
So that doesn't go to explain why Milevalue is creating articles to produce credit card sign ups, then linking them in a way that another blogger gets money. We aren't talking $50 here... Just a bit weird.
Maybe because MV truly believes it is useful information and good value for readers?
Old Mar 21, 2013, 3:51 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Looking at the big 'unbiased' <3 AA 77W going on this week, I read another example of how travel blogger <3 can be ensured. Take a look at the tweets of Brooke from Mar 11 onwards

I'm not quite sure I follow what you mean and what does "<3" refer to?
Old Mar 21, 2013, 4:08 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9930; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.755 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

What, you think the love for Oman might be skewed by what is possibly a comp'd trip?
Old Mar 21, 2013, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by jspira

I'm not quite sure I follow what you mean and what does "<3" refer to?
It is an emoticon which commonly represents "love" in a text-based format.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 4:15 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by sbm12

It is an emoticon which commonly represents "love" in a text-based format.
Thanks. How did I miss that one for all these years given my predilection to using emoticons?
Old Mar 21, 2013, 6:21 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kokonutz
Adapt or die!
Hmmm, sounds like what I've been suggesting that FT do! ADAPT! But no, let's bury our heads in the sand and pretend blogs don't exist. <sigh> I should probably head over to TB and see how that proposal is doing, I suppose.

Unrelated -- this thread is starting to become my favorite on FT... interesting comments on MP. I've been trying to figure out why I don't go there much. Seems that I only read it on my iPhone, and only when I can't sleep (and only after I've caught up on a bunch of boring blog posts at that!). No, I'm serious. Why is that? Maybe it's just not that compelling.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 6:24 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by hobo13
Hmmm, sounds like what I've been suggesting that FT do! ADAPT! But no, let's bury our heads in the sand and pretend blogs don't exist. <sigh> I should probably head over to TB and see how that proposal is doing, I suppose.

Unrelated -- this thread is starting to become my favorite on FT... interesting comments on MP. I've been trying to figure out why I don't go there much. Seems that I only read it on my iPhone, and only when I can't sleep (and only after I've caught up on a bunch of boring blog posts at that!). No, I'm serious. Why is that? Maybe it's just not that compelling.
If the blogs are so boring....don't you fall asleep ?
Old Mar 21, 2013, 6:44 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by hobo13
Patience!

I actually posted on MP for the first time in like 2 years, correcting Ed on a tax issue: http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/...9#post-1889594

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.