Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

What is the most useful frequent flyer blog?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is the most useful frequent flyer blog?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2013, 7:40 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The USA Today lady also showed massive <3 for AA's supercalifragilisticexpialidocious 77W this week... professional journos can be bought too
Old Mar 22, 2013, 8:17 am

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The USA Today lady also showed massive <3 for AA's supercalifragilisticexpialidocious 77W this week... professional journos can be bought too
As a professional journalist I've followed this with great interest...

Since I was on the 777-300ER launch flight and wrote about it, I would love independent feedback as to how I did on showing either "massive <3" or just reporting on the facts.

American Airlines 777-300ER Business Class Flight 962 Dallas/Fort Worth – São Paul, Brazil – Review
Old Mar 22, 2013, 8:28 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by jspira

Since I was on the 777-300ER launch flight and wrote about it, I would love independent feedback as to how I did on showing either "massive <3" or just reporting on the facts.

American Airlines 777-300ER Business Class Flight 962 Dallas/Fort Worth – São Paul, Brazil – Review
After looking at your blog post I have only two questions: should I go for the chase sapphire or the chase ink bold card...and could you please include more affiliate links in your posts.

Thanks!

Old Mar 22, 2013, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by kokonutz
After looking at your blog post I have only two questions: should I go for the chase sapphire or the chase ink bold card...and could you please include more affiliate links in your posts.

Thanks!

I have coins I can flip if you really want an answer...

Re links, our business model is not advertising focused (in terms of revenue) so we are able to provide free access to the magazine's complete content and unbiased content without such things

(oh, and it's technically not a blog post, either remember?)
Old Mar 22, 2013, 8:58 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Your article is more of a dry school essay compared to this gushing 'luxury' article: http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel...-back/1997413/

So AA finally decided to buy a new longhaul aircraft and bought a standard C seat, the Sicma Aero Cirrus, used by other carriers already and added a bar, trying to catch up with the rest. Similar to KL announcing they will finally kick their NW/KL C product to the kerb and buy new seats.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by gpapadop
Check his credit card page and the card of the month
Haha, you never miss a spot George!
Old Mar 22, 2013, 9:12 am

Your article is more of a dry school essay compared to this gushing 'luxury' article: http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel...-back/1997413/
I've never been accused of gushing.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 9:29 am

I've never been accused of gushing.
Oh, sorry not to be very clear: I meant the author of the 'luxury' article on USA today was gushing.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 9:41 am

Oh, sorry not to be very clear: I meant the author of the 'luxury' article on USA today was gushing.
Oh, I understood.... I was just commenting. No worries. ^
Old Mar 22, 2013, 10:04 am

I don't get all this AA love either... US were the first to pioneer these seats, which are available on more aircraft, and their FFP is better to boot....
Old Mar 22, 2013, 10:11 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by belfordrocks
I don't get all this AA love either... US were the first to pioneer these seats, which are available on more aircraft, and their FFP is better to boot....
I *think* the point is that when travel reporters and bloggers are given free travel in order to evaluate a new product, their reporting becomes untrustworthy.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by kokonutz
I *think* the point is that when travel reporters and bloggers are given free travel in order to evaluate a new product, their reporting becomes untrustworthy.
There are different viewpoints to this statement. Journalists are actually not allowed to get anything comped as it tends to taint journalistic integrity. FINRA employees are not permitted to give any gifts over $100 to politicians.

On the other hand, is a blogger a journalist? Perhaps not. And if he gets a free trip, why not blog about it. Given the monetary interest in blogging, even running banner ads, to begin with, the journalistic integrity is already tainted and web content cannot be treated with the same regard. So, yes, it is untrustworthy... but not useless
Old Mar 22, 2013, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by TheMilesProfessor
On the other hand, is a blogger a journalist? Perhaps not.
Perhaps yes.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/journalism

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/journalist

No link to your blog in signature?
Old Mar 22, 2013, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ferrari_fan
Like it or not, I think it's hard to argue that bloggers are not journalists.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gpapadop
In TOTAL, close to 600. I need to charge my phone...a lot
Just as a guess, how many blog posts do you think you read / skim in a day?

Your time management skillz must be on a par with Gary's!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.