Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BR Trip Report SFO-TPE-BKK-TPE-SFO

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2009, 9:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: GE, AA PLT/2.6MM, BR Gld, Royal Carib. DM+, Celebrity Elite, NCL PLT, Princess Elite
BR Trip Report SFO-TPE-BKK-TPE-SFO

I haven't posted a BR trip report in a long time, so here is a report of my flights over the last week - from the trip report forum: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...r-bkk-y-j.html
Old Jun 19, 2009, 2:20 am

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN
Great report, must have taken a long time. Boy you like Coke! I hope one day we get to meet up - possibly on BR67. On my last trip (just before yours) I was in the "normal" (old C) lounge chatting to a diamond bloke. After I left I was kicking myself for not asking him why he was in that lounge.

You wrote: "When I first checked, both SFO and LAX (and both of them had two flights that evening) were both full in Elite class, but when I looked a couple of hours later, a seat had opened up out of SFO on the earlier of the two flights."

Any reason why you didn't phone EVA for the guaranteed availability perk available to Diamonds?

After a succession of short regional flights, I got irritated by the "special greeting". I would settle into my seat and then get distracted every time an FA walked towards me. Is this one going to do it? I don't like all that crouching down thing. I felt it awkward for them and embarrassing for me. So in reply to the last "feedback" email, I commented I preferred them not to do it, although I appreciated the intention. I've had two flights since then - and they haven't done it. Coincidence?
Old Jun 19, 2009, 4:32 am
Suspended

No its because they dont like you and now they know you dont like them its mutual ^ Anyway you told me you are mad busy, how did you find tiem to read this novel / trip report
Old Jun 19, 2009, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by jimbo99
I've had two flights since then - and they haven't done it. Coincidence?
They probably have your request recorded in their FFP system as one of your preferences.
Old Jun 19, 2009, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: GE, AA PLT/2.6MM, BR Gld, Royal Carib. DM+, Celebrity Elite, NCL PLT, Princess Elite
You wrote: "When I first checked, both SFO and LAX (and both of them had two flights that evening) were both full in Elite class, but when I looked a couple of hours later, a seat had opened up out of SFO on the earlier of the two flights."

Any reason why you didn't phone EVA for the guaranteed availability perk available to Diamonds?
I have had two different answers about the guranteed availability. One says I can have any class (and I would have liked to book V or L), and the other says I can have a seat, but it would be in full Y which doesn't work for me. Availability changes so quickly, that I knew if I checked every few hours, something would open up.
Old Jun 19, 2009, 1:20 pm

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN
Originally Posted by gdub78
They probably have your request recorded in their FFP system as one of your preferences.
Such efficiency would leave me stunned...! Pity they didn't action some of my other gripes....

Originally Posted by ak333
I have had two different answers about the guranteed availability. One says I can have any class (and I would have liked to book V or L), and the other says I can have a seat, but it would be in full Y which doesn't work for me. Availability changes so quickly, that I knew if I checked every few hours, something would open up.
EVA/TPE told me about 18 months ago that the diamond guarantee was for any fare bucket, except for reward tickets/upgrades. This came out of a conversation where I had been waitlisted for about 3 months during which M/Elite was constantly available and L/Elite wasn't. Bizarrely they considered fixing the problem by upgrading my gold to diamond (waiving the 2003 part of the 8 year rule) on the basis that they could then force a some L availability. In the end it suited me to fly another day so the problem went away.

I noticed the wording of the guarantee has changed - they've added the bit about not applying to "discount" tickets....

(No time to reply to bizzclassboy's point).
Old Jun 19, 2009, 10:35 pm
Original Poster

After a succession of short regional flights, I got irritated by the "special greeting". I would settle into my seat and then get distracted every time an FA walked towards me. Is this one going to do it? I don't like all that crouching down thing. I felt it awkward for them and embarrassing for me. So in reply to the last "feedback" email, I commented I preferred them not to do it, although I appreciated the intention. I've had two flights since then - and they haven't done it. Coincidence?
Actually, I still like the greeting. Plus they have to take my meal order first anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.