Community
Wiki Posts
Search

which lounge is the best at TPE

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2024, 10:59 pm

Programs: No longer loyal "over-entitled" 1K
Originally Posted by bpk6h
Mövenpick at Infinity currently. As I see it, the only minor upside of Infinity is the Kavalan.
It’s Kavalan Classic, isn’t it? They should have Solist ex-bourbon, really. Not much more expensive (about NTD200), but so much better.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 11:18 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by kkjay77
It’s Kavalan Classic, isn’t it? They should have Solist ex-bourbon, really. Not much more expensive (about NTD200), but so much better.
Yup!
Old Mar 30, 2024, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by kkjay77
I believe the Classic is sold in 1L bottles, where as ex-bourbon is in 700ml
Started to drink the Solist Vinho Barrique Single Cask Strength (also 700ml) from Starlux in-flight duty free, delicious
Old Mar 30, 2024, 4:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Surprised no one is including those amazing hot dogs in the BR lounge (I kid)
bpk6h likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 10:00 pm

Programs: No longer loyal "over-entitled" 1K
Originally Posted by Virginia Emery
I believe the Classic is sold in 1L bottles, where as ex-bourbon is in 700ml
Started to drink the Solist Vinho Barrique Single Cask Strength (also 700ml) from Starlux in-flight duty free, delicious
You are absolutely right. I forgot to check the size.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 11:21 pm

Programs: BR Gold/*G, Ascott Gold
I need to try those hot dogs one day. I have not eaten in the BR lounges for many many years.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 12:17 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by BR777
I need to try those hot dogs one day. I have not eaten in the BR lounges for many many years.
When perusing the hot dogs, remember the sage advice from the old knight in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - "choose wisely". You want to find the hot dogs that have been spinning a long time and are fully cooked through and hot, and they are not always in the back row because other customers think those are the best ones, and take from there first. The sweet spot for avoiding 12 hours of lav hopping is generally on the middle rollers.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by SAN_Finn
Is the garden really the top tier Eva lounge? I get access with my credit card but it’s not very nice at all.
Curious which credit card gives you access to the Garden. I have the top-tier CUB/Eva card and it doesn't give access, but my diamond status does. I thought the whole point of this lounge was limiting to diamond to ensures it is never too crowded.

Personally I think the garden is excellent.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 9:43 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
I've been to the EVA Star Lounge twice recently and I found the food quite good -- not as good as SQ or CX but definitely not as bad as some people here described. Their buffet spread seems to be Asian focused, and I see that they have limited Western options. So maybe that's why some people find the food unappealing.

But the last time I was there I really liked the spaghetti with sliced chorizo in a rich tomato sauce, complemented with a blend of sauteed zucchini, yellow squash, and carrots.

For those who like Asian food, be sure to try their pork buns which are cooked in a special way -- panfried first and then steamed. They are really good!

My complete review is below.

DISCLAIMER: LINKS TO MY BLOG

https://gourmetflyer.com/eva-the-sta...rt-tpe-review/
Old Mar 31, 2024, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by BR777
They're basically the same that are sold at 7eleven if I'm not mistaken
Old Apr 1, 2024, 1:25 am

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by GourmetFlyer
find the food unappealing
But the last time I was there I really liked the spaghetti with sliced chorizo in a rich tomato sauce, complemented with a blend of sauteed zucchini, yellow squash, and carrots.
Are you sure that's chorizo and not some of the hot dogs that were near end of shelf life? 🤣
Old Apr 15, 2024, 8:21 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Geberal BR TPE lounge access question. Apologies if this not the correct forum (I did a search but alas)

Flying CAN-TPE-YYZ next week. CAN-TPE in J TPE-YYZ in PY.

Would I get lounge acess at TPE in this scenario? I know on some other airlines there is a rule for lounge access that indicates 'A same day business class ticket' allows lounge access even if the next flight is not in business class.

Thanks in advance
Old Apr 15, 2024, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by PLeblond
Geberal BR TPE lounge access question. Apologies if this not the correct forum (I did a search but alas)

Flying CAN-TPE-YYZ next week. CAN-TPE in J TPE-YYZ in PY.

Would I get lounge acess at TPE in this scenario? I know on some other airlines there is a rule for lounge access that indicates 'A same day business class ticket' allows lounge access even if the next flight is not in business class.

Thanks in advance
Not without *G status. Your business class ticket essentially ended on arrival so you’re using a PY ticket to access the lounge which is not allowed
Old Apr 18, 2024, 7:58 pm

How busy are the showers in the Infinity lounge? Flying BR 16 TPE-LAX 11:55pm departure in J. Arriving in TPE ~10:30pm from a connecting flight, will I have time to get in a shower?
Old Apr 19, 2024, 10:42 am

Programs: BR Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by erics2356
How busy are the showers in the Infinity lounge? Flying BR 16 TPE-LAX 11:55pm departure in J. Arriving in TPE ~10:30pm from a connecting flight, will I have time to get in a shower?
Might be pretty touch and go at that time of night since there's a big bank of flights that all depart around midnight.
erics2356 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.