which lounge is the best at TPE

Old Jan 8, 2019, 11:58 pm
Original Poster

which lounge is the best at TPE

hi, I will take Eva business class flight from TPE and have found three lounges available which are the club by EVA Air, EVA Air the star and EVA Air the infinity. which one is the best or all are the same? thank you.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:26 am

I prefer the SQ lounge (which you can get access as a *A J passenger) to the BR offerings. Of the ones you listed the Infinity is better (Club is for BR's own Silver members and Star is for *A Gold members).
Yoshi212 likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 10:50 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by jamesxie63
hi, I will take Eva business class flight from TPE and have found three lounges available which are the club by EVA Air, EVA Air the star and EVA Air the infinity. which one is the best or all are the same? thank you.
@jamesxie63

Here is the link to the EVA TPE lounge options and entry info

Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport - EVA Air | America

While I'm clearly not a "local", I've been flying to/from TPE for 4 years now and early on, I would receive those BP stock cards from BR with an invitation to The Infinity lounge.

In 2018, I was at TPE at least 17 times and had mixed experiences with both Infinity and the SQ lounge.

On some days, like my recent visit, Infinity was the much better choice. It was quiet and had few guests and well, plenty of Haagen Dazs. Other other visits (always at about the same time of day), you couldn't get a seat, the buffet area was a mess - or serving dishes etc were empty, and long line for showers.

SQ is much quieter but the food is generally meh and I don't like their lavs. Also, the wifi kicks out all the time and you have to keep re-loggin-in. Not terrible.

My view is, I go to Infinity first and take a look. If crowded, just go to the SQ.

And yes, since they are across the way from each other and a short walk, not really an issue.
RobOnLI, acurrie and east_west like this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

thank you guys
Old Jan 10, 2019, 1:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I've been to Infinity and Star several times and don't like either one. The Infinity is smaller and has been more crowded. It was also very warm, with inadequate A/C. It does have better showers than the Star. The shower rooms in the Star do not have toilets.

I would try SQ next time.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 5:51 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, SPG PLT
Based in TPE.
I prefer the SQ lounge. Food options are better, good mix of western and Asian selections. Most of the time I fly out in the morning, the SQ lounge is always quiet with plenty of seats.
Yoshi212 likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 5:57 am

I'm from the US, but I prefer the BR lounges, unless there is crowding. The BR lounges have better drinks (in particular, the scotch selection) and the ice cream is a nice treat.

In general, western food in Taiwan is not up to par, and both of the lounges suffer in this regard. But the Taiwanese food in the BR lounges is fine. The SQ lounge is also fine if the BR lounges are crowded.

Both of them are on par or better than ICN/SIN/NRT so you will be fine with wherever you end up. And it's easy to hop between them since they are right next to each other.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 1:21 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
The BR lounge (Infinity?) was a zoo this morning (1/16) - too many people inside the lounge and no available seating on the right side (as you enter). We finally were able to scrounge 4 seats for our 4+ hours layover (from BR206 to BR006) on the left side. As said above: sloppy guests making the buffet area a huge mess, lousy food selection, serving dishes etc were empty, and long line for showers.

Right side showing in this photo.

Ice cream on the left side was Movenpick.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 7:47 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by Kalboz
The BR lounge (Infinity?) was a zoo this morning (1/16) - too many people inside the lounge and no available seating on the right side (as you enter). We finally were able to scrounge 4 seats for our 4+ hours layover (from BR206 to BR006) on the left side. As said above: sloppy guests making the buffet area a huge mess, lousy food selection, serving dishes etc were empty, and long line for showers.

Right side showing in this photo.

Ice cream on the left side was Movenpick.
Kalboz - Sorry to hear about your experience. I hope you at least enjoyed the ice cream. The right side is indeed the Infinity Lounge. I note you flew BKK-TPE. Yesterday morning I took TG TPE-BKK and used the PP lounge in T1. (TG no longer has a lounge in T1, and sends pax to PP lounge.) It was not crowded, perhaps because it is not the greatest. No showers. Washroom is outside. Two people were in the kitchen area looking like they were ready to cook eggs for me, so I asked. But no eggs! I think they just do noodles. Very limited food items, unless you like noodles. I had a coffee. And no ice cream.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 11:24 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
Kalboz - Sorry to hear about your experience. I hope you at least enjoyed the ice cream. The right side is indeed the Infinity Lounge. I note you flew BKK-TPE. Yesterday morning I took TG TPE-BKK and used the PP lounge in T1. (TG no longer has a lounge in T1, and sends pax to PP lounge.) It was not crowded, perhaps because it is not the greatest. No showers. Washroom is outside. Two people were in the kitchen area looking like they were ready to cook eggs for me, so I asked. But no eggs! I think they just do noodles. Very limited food items, unless you like noodles. I had a coffee. And no ice cream.
I did not eat anything. My wife was very disappointed with the food and my son got food poising that we believe from that said lounge. Me and my daughter each got a lazy-boy type of chair at the end of the left side and got 3-4 hours nap before our trip to LAX.

Old Jan 17, 2019, 4:48 am

The lazy-boys (and the attached photo) are in the Star lounge, which is on the left side when you enter. And that's where the Movenpick is. The Infinity lounge (on the right side) doesn't have this style of chair and serves Haagen-Dazs. Other than that, the food/drinks are similar.
RobOnLI likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 8:37 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, KE, AA, UA, *G
One other minor, random difference between the Infinity and the Star that I noticed yesterday: the Infinity has Kavalan whisky, whereas the Star has Omar. I guess I'm not sure whether they rotate, but yesterday was my first time ever in the Star, whereas the Infinity has had Kavalan as far as back as I can remember.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:32 am

Programs: ROP Gold
The Star lounge usually very crowded as some Taiwanese Amex card member can access the Star lounge.
Food wise, I prefer SQ lounge but sadly the lounge is not available for evening flights as they closed at 17.45.
Spirit wise, The Star lounge selection is much better than SQ lounge. They serve CAMUS XO and Glenfiddich 12 comparing to Hennessy VSOP and Blended scotch whisky in SQ lounge.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 8:58 am

Programs: AAdvantage
Just flew a few days ago and both the infinity and star were VERY CROWDED about 8am. I wonder if EVA can expand their lounge since I know The More closed in T2? Or they just simply let the lounge situation going out of control..
Old Sep 18, 2019, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by flyingeverywhere1
Just flew a few days ago and both the infinity and star were VERY CROWDED about 8am. I wonder if EVA can expand their lounge since I know The More closed in T2? Or they just simply let the lounge situation going out of control..
The 3rd lounge option is "The Club" which is very close to both of those two and provides Star Gold access. I often find it slightly less crowded than the others two perhaps because most people don't know about it. The SQ lounge is also usually less crowded.

TPE is definitely above capacity, and I think the long term plan is for Terminal 3, but it seems this keeps getting delayed (now they say 2023).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.