Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA Lounge in SFO: Open?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2017, 1:58 am
Original Poster

EVA Lounge in SFO: Open?

I've read that BR Lounge in SFO is going to be closed due to United Polaris Lounge construction. Is it still open now? Specifically, I'm flying TK 80 to IST departing at 18:10 in early September (while BR flight to TPE leaves at 17:50 the same day), would I have the chance to sneak into the lounge if still open? I'm flying Business Class. Any insight will be appreciated.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 12:44 am

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
It's still there. You will be able to access it unless the lounge dragon decides it is too full/they simply don't want anyone other than BR pax in.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 3:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hayzel7773
It's still there. You will be able to access it unless the lounge dragon decides it is too full/they simply don't want anyone other than BR pax in.
Thanks! Will give it a try.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 10:19 pm

Programs: UA 1k now; AA (no status); HY Diamond; SPG Platinum
If there is afternoon flight that day. Yes you can access it.

but if there is dual mid-night departure, it's not open in afternoon. Also they will turn away none EVA passenger for dual night flight.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

I've managed to sneak in into the lounge a few days ago - was pretty empty at around 3pm~4pm. It's a cozy lounge with variety of Asian food and beverage options available. This is a nice alternative to the United Club, although early evening departing BR 27 only operates a few times of the week so it's not open every afternoon.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 11:10 am

EVA sent out a letter today via Infinity Mileageland announcing the closure of the SFO lounge on October 1st.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 8:03 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by hayzel7773
EVA sent out a letter today via Infinity Mileageland announcing the closure of the SFO lounge on October 1st.
Yikes. I was through there last week and the lounge attendant that is always there told me the rumor was 2 months.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When I flew through SFO last week using the SQ lounge, the agent told me they were closing at the end of September. I guess she was either more informed or more forthcoming than the BR agent.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 12:02 pm

Starting today, SFO pax in RL will now have access to the Polaris Lounge, everyone else will go to the ex-UA first class lounge(now a UA club). Previously, they had people in RL go to the first class lounge and everyone else go to the UA Club in Terminal 3 or take meal vouchers. Polaris stays open till 1am to facilitate the final flight(BR27) but I am not sure whether or not the dining room will be open then. Buffet spread will be there from open to close!

Glad to see the lounge situation return to normal.
sushimaru likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.