Wiki Posts
Search

Eva Air - which aircraft seating plan?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2014, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, AP, et al
Eva Air - which aircraft seating plan?

I'm flying TPE - SFO on 6 April, on my ticket the aircraft is indicated as 77W.

I put the airline, flight number and date into Seatguru and was shown a seat map for 77W with 2-2-2 configuration. The Eve website indicates a 1-2-1 configuration.

Should I defer to the Eva seat map as being correct? I would rather choose an aisle seat than have to climb over someone else, unless I can be 'guaranteed' (irops etc aside) a single seat at the window.

Has anyone flown this route recently and pre-selected meals and can you please comment on the quality etc?

Thanks,
Rugr Grli
Old Feb 12, 2014, 4:58 pm

Programs: EVA Silver, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, BW Diamond Plus
seat guru is outdated, trust eva's seatmap it is 1-2-1.

an easy way to verify is just check what seat number you have. The old configuration started from rows 6+. The new 1-2-1 starts from 1-7. so if your seat is anything under row 6 you can be sure it is the new configuration.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by rugrgrli
I'm flying TPE - SFO on 6 April, on my ticket the aircraft is indicated as 77W.

I put the airline, flight number and date into Seatguru and was shown a seat map for 77W with 2-2-2 configuration. The Eve website indicates a 1-2-1 configuration.

Should I defer to the Eva seat map as being correct? I would rather choose an aisle seat than have to climb over someone else, unless I can be 'guaranteed' (irops etc aside) a single seat at the window.

Has anyone flown this route recently and pre-selected meals and can you please comment on the quality etc?

Thanks,
Rugr Grli
Flew this route in Dec. As already mentioned it is 1-2-1 if you are flying J, so no worries about climbing over anyone as all seats have direct aisle access.

Meals were great however, when ordering pre-selected meals I had forgotten what I had ordered and had to take the FA's word that I did indeed ordered it.

I think you will enjoy the hard and soft product. They are my go-to product for *A in Asia as they are cheaper than SQ. I have not tried ANA or Asiana yet.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 10:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, AP, et al
Thank you for the info

Thank you kmcbrid2 and justmexp.

I have to wait a bit longer before ordering the meals, but the existing menu looks like it has some reasonable options.

My seat is 2k.

Is there any 'better' side of the aircraft in terms of view etc?
Old Feb 13, 2014, 4:55 pm

Programs: EVA Silver, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, BW Diamond Plus
it should be the same...you will either see ocean or more ocean
Old Feb 16, 2014, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by justmexp
it should be the same...you will either see ocean or more ocean
I would expect that you want to be on the A side of the aircraft flying into SFO - better chance of seeing the Golden Gate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.