FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/eva-air-infinity-mileagelands-761/)
-   -   Eva Air - which aircraft seating plan? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/eva-air-infinity-mileagelands/1551304-eva-air-aircraft-seating-plan.html)

rugrgrli Feb 12, 2014 4:37 pm

Eva Air - which aircraft seating plan?

I'm flying TPE - SFO on 6 April, on my ticket the aircraft is indicated as 77W.

I put the airline, flight number and date into Seatguru and was shown a seat map for 77W with 2-2-2 configuration. The Eve website indicates a 1-2-1 configuration.

Should I defer to the Eva seat map as being correct? I would rather choose an aisle seat than have to climb over someone else, unless I can be 'guaranteed' (irops etc aside) a single seat at the window.

Has anyone flown this route recently and pre-selected meals and can you please comment on the quality etc?

Thanks,
Rugr Grli

justmexp Feb 12, 2014 4:58 pm

seat guru is outdated, trust eva's seatmap it is 1-2-1.

an easy way to verify is just check what seat number you have. The old configuration started from rows 6+. The new 1-2-1 starts from 1-7. so if your seat is anything under row 6 you can be sure it is the new configuration.

kmcbrid2 Feb 12, 2014 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by rugrgrli (Post 22338108)
I'm flying TPE - SFO on 6 April, on my ticket the aircraft is indicated as 77W.

I put the airline, flight number and date into Seatguru and was shown a seat map for 77W with 2-2-2 configuration. The Eve website indicates a 1-2-1 configuration.

Should I defer to the Eva seat map as being correct? I would rather choose an aisle seat than have to climb over someone else, unless I can be 'guaranteed' (irops etc aside) a single seat at the window.

Has anyone flown this route recently and pre-selected meals and can you please comment on the quality etc?

Thanks,
Rugr Grli

Flew this route in Dec. As already mentioned it is 1-2-1 if you are flying J, so no worries about climbing over anyone as all seats have direct aisle access.

Meals were great however, when ordering pre-selected meals I had forgotten what I had ordered and had to take the FA's word that I did indeed ordered it.

I think you will enjoy the hard and soft product. They are my go-to product for *A in Asia as they are cheaper than SQ. I have not tried ANA or Asiana yet.

rugrgrli Feb 12, 2014 10:25 pm

Thank you for the info

Thank you kmcbrid2 and justmexp.

I have to wait a bit longer before ordering the meals, but the existing menu looks like it has some reasonable options. :D

My seat is 2k.

Is there any 'better' side of the aircraft in terms of view etc?

justmexp Feb 13, 2014 4:55 pm

it should be the same...you will either see ocean or more ocean:)

username Feb 16, 2014 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by justmexp (Post 22344625)
it should be the same...you will either see ocean or more ocean:)

I would expect that you want to be on the A side of the aircraft flying into SFO - better chance of seeing the Golden Gate.