Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

EVA to fly Hello Kitty 777 to USA and Europe

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA to fly Hello Kitty 777 to USA and Europe

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2014, 8:43 pm

Programs: SQ KrisFlyer/BA Blue/AB Classic
Flying LHR-BKK-TPE in March…hopefully there's a decent chance I might get on a Hello Kitty jet!
Old Aug 17, 2014, 11:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Good luck with that!
Old Aug 18, 2014, 10:51 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by BlakeySFC
Flying LHR-BKK-TPE in March…hopefully there's a decent chance I might get on a Hello Kitty jet!
Which route exactly do you think that is going to happen on? Neither of those legs is serviced by Kitty according to the current information. Are you hoping that LHR will get it like CDG?

http://evakitty.evaair.com/en/FlightRoutes.aspx
Old Aug 19, 2014, 1:24 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Wife and I just did Kitty Jet to LAX over the weekend (working on my trip report). Wasn't overly "pink" in biz, just little hints... menu, safety card, barf bag, etc. Interestingly though no one took their Rimowa amenity kits with them, so I scored 5!
Old Aug 19, 2014, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by jasonvr
Which route exactly do you think that is going to happen on? Neither of those legs is serviced by Kitty according to the current information. Are you hoping that LHR will get it like CDG?

He might be hoping for BKK-TPE.

I have seen quite a few times that hello kitty 77W flew to BKK, as well as HKG and PVG.

There is no regular schedule for intra-Asian flying for that particular 77W though, it could be just sub for another 77W or 330.

Originally Posted by thezipper
Wife and I just did Kitty Jet to LAX over the weekend (working on my trip report). Wasn't overly "pink" in biz, just little hints... menu, safety card, barf bag, etc. Interestingly though no one took their Rimowa amenity kits with them, so I scored 5!
Damn ! Either no one know that is an amenity kit, or they are sick of BR's Rimowa are all in dark green unlike TG has so many colors to choose from. I always think BR should request Formia to make one in pink only given out for Hello Kitty's flight, or even sell it in the inflight shop.

Were all 5 of them in dark green ? I had seen one in silver somewhere.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Aug 19, 2014 at 3:27 pm
Old Aug 19, 2014, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by username
EVA announced Kitty jet will be doing TPE-CDG 3 days (357 out of TPE and 146 out of CDG) a week starting 29 OCT.

I wonder how this affects the LAX flight but I am guessing we are getting another Kitty Jet
However, on BR's hello kitty page, it still shows the current hello kitty 77W scheduled for BR 11/12, 15/16 til Nov 2nd.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Aug 19, 2014 at 3:28 pm
Old Aug 19, 2014, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
However, on BR's hello kitty page, it still shows the current hello kitty 77W scheduled for BR 11/12, 15/16 til Nov 2nd.
If you do a schedule search on the Kitty website, you will see the LAX Kitty flight schedule after 11/2. CDG is not loaded into the schedule yet, it seems.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by thezipper
Wow, surprising FA didn't take the extras back
I was told (in Summer 2013) that extra kit given out will come out of FA's pocket

but personally I wouldn't want 5 of the Green ones (not sure what to do with them, besides selling on eBay like some people do for $40-$50 each?)

They should certainly have PINK ones on Kitty jets!!
Old Aug 20, 2014, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Gold, SPG Plat
I'm trying to book award tickets from LAX-TPE on the hello kitty jet next year in May, but the schedule has not been release that far out. I'm based in SFO, but i would fly out of LAX just for the hello kitty experience with my kids. Hate to do fly down to LAX and ride on a regular 77W.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 11:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by caimaster
I'm trying to book award tickets from LAX-TPE on the hello kitty jet next year in May, but the schedule has not been release that far out. I'm based in SFO, but i would fly out of LAX just for the hello kitty experience with my kids. Hate to do fly down to LAX and ride on a regular 77W.
I'm looking for the same flight sometime next year. How early should I be looking and do they release many award seats for the hello kitty plane?
Old Aug 20, 2014, 11:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by beachminter
I'm looking for the same flight sometime next year. How early should I be looking and do they release many award seats for the hello kitty plane?
I was looking in mid April and availability was pretty good. Currently the Hello Kitty is scheduled for BR15 LAX/TPE (THU、SAT) and BR11 LAX/TPE (SUN). But this might or might not be true by next year.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 10:11 am

as lucky mentioned on his blog (and previously mentioned in this thread), EVA has updated the online page

EVA AIR SCHEDULED HELLO KITTY JET SERVICE BETWEEN TAIPEI AND LOS ANGELES (BR12/BR11 & BR16/15) WILL BE REPLACED BY REGULAR BOEING 777-300ER AIRCRAFT WITH EFFECTIVE ON AND AFTER OCTOBER 27, 2014
so much for my BR16 in Jan 2015
I do hope to see 77A with wi-fi though
Old Aug 21, 2014, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jerryhung
as lucky mentioned on his blog (and previously mentioned in this thread), EVA has updated the online page

so much for my BR16 in Jan 2015
I do hope to see 77A with wi-fi though
Oh well. I guess no new Kitty 777 - it is going to CDG instead. Would it be Bonjour Kitty? Of course, Kitty apparently has a cousin named Rebecca Bon Bon.

I booked BR11 for Kitty in November :-(
Old Sep 4, 2014, 9:18 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, DL Gold, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, WoH Explorist, Shangri-la Jade
EVA has just announced the Hello Kitty TPE-CDG service! BR87 will operate on Wed,Fri,Sun. BR88 will operate Mon, Thu, Sat. commencing Oct. 29
Old Sep 6, 2014, 8:01 pm

Programs: GE/Nexus/APEC; EVA/SWA; Hilton; Avis
Not sure what the fixation is with Hello Kitty. I fly EVA a lot and find the HK music and continuous scrolling HK cartoon annoying. Guess I am just getting old.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.