Wiki Posts
Search

Stockholm to Oslo by train & Norway in Nutshell booking

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2017, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by farci
3. If you travel to Bergen - and you like railways - it's worthwhile considering the Flåm trip if only for the train ride

7. The train route from Copenhagen-Stockholm is not very scenic and there are lots of airlines competing. Hotel accomodation at Arlanda is expensive. Bear in mind the airport is a long way from the city so best if you can schedule CPH-ARN the same day as your US flight
farci, thank you. Yes I definitely include Flam as part of Norway in Nutshell train trip.

Appreciate the added info re Copenhagen-Stockholm train.

Do you think I can do all of that (previous post) in 9 days?
Old Jan 13, 2017, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stut
Try the English language version here:

https://www.sj.se/en/home.html#/

The language switch is a little hidden these days. The "fr" isn't a currency, it just means "prices from".

On 7 - you could also consider the very comfortable sleeper train from Malmo to Stockholm as an alternative. I use it on occasion for business trips. Malmo and Lund are worth a visit en route.
Thank you for the link and fr explanation.
I will check into the sleeper option from Malmo to Stockholm.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

More questions about Malmo-Stockholm NIGHT train.

From the link that stut provided, are there compartments for 2 beds only? (I see they have 3 and 6 bunk-bed versions). Not sure if the so called Private First Class Compartment has 2 beds, and 2 beds only? And the price is for the entire compartment or per person?

Is the currency quoted in Danish Krone (DKK)?

Thanks again.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 11:29 pm
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
The private compartment is physically the same as the 2-bed, but with the top tier folded up. That's the one with the en-suite bathroom and shower. Prices are in SEK.

Prices will be for whatever party size you input.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

Thank you!
Old Jan 17, 2017, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by stut
The private compartment is physically the same as the 2-bed, but with the top tier folded up. That's the one with the en-suite bathroom and shower. Prices are in SEK.

Prices will be for whatever party size you input.
Stut - there used to be a great deal for breakfast on arrival in Stockholm at a hotel opposite the central station. Is that still on offer?
Old Jan 17, 2017, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by allset2travel
farci, thank you. Yes I definitely include Flam as part of Norway in Nutshell train trip.

Appreciate the added info re Copenhagen-Stockholm train.

Do you think I can do all of that (previous post) in 9 days?
If you arrive at ARN on the first day you could go straight to OSL by plane and visit Stockholm on your early arrival from CPH by sleeper or plane as your departure from ARN is 2200. In my opinion Stockholm has the least to offer of the cities (from a tourist point of view [sorry, my Swedish friends!])
Old Jan 17, 2017, 5:45 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Originally Posted by farci
Stut - there used to be a great deal for breakfast on arrival in Stockholm at a hotel opposite the central station. Is that still on offer?
No, it's now in the SJ lounge in Central Station. I have no complaints about the quality of the breakfast there, mind (give me a wheel of crispbread, some cold meats and a cinnamon bun, and I'm set for the morning...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.