Train from Berlin to Warsaw

Old Jan 18, 17, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Train from Berlin to Warsaw

I am a solo woman traveller and am planning a trip from Berlin to Warsaw.
Flights are too expensive. So can anyone suggest a train travel. This will be in mid May. Many thanks.
Old Jan 18, 17, 9:11 am

There are 3 daily services connecting Berlin Hbf and Warszawa Centralna in roughly 6 hours. That said, it is worth bearing in mind, though, that rail fares might not be significantly cheaper compared to air travel (you're looking at ~80 EUR vs ~120 EUR). For timetable and exact cost, you can browse the DB website.

G
Old Jan 18, 17, 10:27 am

Programs: UA
I've been on that train. It takes 6 hours. I would try to buy the return portion in Berlin, instead of Warsaw. The Polish ticketing system is NOT user friendly.
RetiredATLATC likes this.
Old Jan 18, 17, 11:07 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL**; HH Diamond
If budget considerations are primary, then there is also the bus. Takes up to eight hours direct service, but will cost around 40 return.
Old Jan 19, 17, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by ktinde View Post
I am a solo woman traveller and am planning a trip from Berlin to Warsaw.
Flights are too expensive. So can anyone suggest a train travel. This will be in mid May. Many thanks.
Your post seems to imply a personal security concern which in my experience of this route is unfounded. Quality of accommodation and service are on a par with other European trains
Old Jan 20, 17, 2:44 pm

If you book on bahn.com and you book in advance (two months), you will get €39 fare so €78 RT. The train takes exactly 5 hours 23 minutes. You may want to check where the train leaves from, as sometimes there are trackworks in Germany and they do not leave out of Hbf, but rather different places.

Search this Thread