Old Jul 7, 2016, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by TravelPassionate

Any special advice?
Yes - don't revive threads 8 years old
Old Jul 7, 2016, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
^^^
Old Jul 7, 2016, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Really? This seems like the absolute ideal new member. They wanted info on a certain city/topic, did the forum research to find an existing thread, and rather than posting a brand new Bucharest thread, went ahead and asked a question in this one.

Anyway, I digress. Bucharest in October was pretty perfect in terms of weather for me, cool but not cold. I did not see a ton of things there as I went immediately out of the city. In the city, the Hilton is nicely located, the IC is nice, but the 2 Club Carlson properties share a building and are across the street from the Hilton and cost less. All within walking distance of the main old town and Parliament building.

autogari.ro has is pretty comprehensive bus routing website if you want to get out to Brasov, or Bran, or really anywhere else in Romania. I found the bussing to be reliable and nice. I have only ridden 1 train and it was not bad either, but it is definitely not great. I'd recommend pretty much any of the cities in Transylvania (Cluj, Brasov, Sibiu, Sighisoara, etc.) for charm.

Other than that, others will have better advice. There are a couple other more recent threads with Romanian itineraries. You can search them pretty easily I assume. I spend most of my time in a smaller town near Bacau in the east when I visit. Love it there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.