Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Turkey e-Visa - payment errors

Old Oct 21, 20, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold, UA Gold, Marriott Titanium

Has anyone experienced payment errors with Turkey's e-Visa system? I successfully applied and paid for my visa on Monday. But yesterday and today, I am getting the same repeated error when trying to pay for my wife's application. The personal data and passport info is processed with no issues, but then when submitting payment, we get this error: " An error occurred while reading from the store provider's data reader. See the inner exception for details." We've used multiple credit cards on multiple browsers (Mac and PC) and keep getting the same error. Turkey's e-Visa system help replied saying it's a problem with our bank, but both Visa and Mastercard tell us they see no issues and no attempted transactions on any of our cards.

Any ideas on what we should do?? I guess I could create a WeChat or AliPay account?
Old Oct 21, 20, 7:18 pm

I have been getting the same error, been trying since yesterday with different cards, different browsers but keep getting the same error. I believe it's an issue with their payment portal.
I have a flight in 2 days, I just hope they fix it soon. I am not sure what to do, the e-visa helpdesk is just sending canned replies that aren't any help.
Old Oct 21, 20, 11:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by saadk View Post
I have been getting the same error, been trying since yesterday with different cards, different browsers but keep getting the same error. I believe it's an issue with their payment portal.
I have a flight in 2 days, I just hope they fix it soon. I am not sure what to do, the e-visa helpdesk is just sending canned replies that aren't any help.
Glad to know I'm not alone! And yes my wife got the same canned reply. Hoping to send them a clear, but direct note back and maybe their IT will wake up. I tried on my work computer using our fancy VPN system and that didn't work either, so doesn't seem like it's regional or privacy related.
Old Oct 22, 20, 6:55 am

Same error i got

Same here... got same error.. plz update me if it worked
Old Oct 22, 20, 7:41 am

I am still getting the same error, tried contacting the turkish evisa support but still nothing other than their canned response, not even an admission that someone is looking into the issue.
Wondering if the other payment methods are working, WeChat/Alipay, etc? Unfortunately don't have access to those payment methods either
Old Oct 22, 20, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Issue has been fixed (at least for me). Just tried again and payment went through successfully.

Still no idea what the problem was, but seems like Turkey fixed it. Good luck to everyone.
Old Oct 22, 20, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by gobears293 View Post
Issue has been fixed (at least for me). Just tried again and payment went through successfully.

Still no idea what the problem was, but seems like Turkey fixed it. Good luck to everyone.
it os working now

Search this Thread
Search Engine: