FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Europe (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/europe-477/)
-   -   Turkey e-Visa - payment errors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/europe/2027299-turkey-e-visa-payment-errors.html)

gobears293 Oct 21, 2020 5:28 pm

Turkey e-Visa - payment errors

Has anyone experienced payment errors with Turkey's e-Visa system? I successfully applied and paid for my visa on Monday. But yesterday and today, I am getting the same repeated error when trying to pay for my wife's application. The personal data and passport info is processed with no issues, but then when submitting payment, we get this error: " An error occurred while reading from the store provider's data reader. See the inner exception for details." We've used multiple credit cards on multiple browsers (Mac and PC) and keep getting the same error. Turkey's e-Visa system help replied saying it's a problem with our bank, but both Visa and Mastercard tell us they see no issues and no attempted transactions on any of our cards.

Any ideas on what we should do?? I guess I could create a WeChat or AliPay account? :confused:

saadk Oct 21, 2020 7:18 pm

I have been getting the same error, been trying since yesterday with different cards, different browsers but keep getting the same error. I believe it's an issue with their payment portal.
I have a flight in 2 days, I just hope they fix it soon. I am not sure what to do, the e-visa helpdesk is just sending canned replies that aren't any help.

gobears293 Oct 21, 2020 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by saadk (Post 32764346)
I have been getting the same error, been trying since yesterday with different cards, different browsers but keep getting the same error. I believe it's an issue with their payment portal.
I have a flight in 2 days, I just hope they fix it soon. I am not sure what to do, the e-visa helpdesk is just sending canned replies that aren't any help.

Glad to know I'm not alone! And yes my wife got the same canned reply. Hoping to send them a clear, but direct note back and maybe their IT will wake up. I tried on my work computer using our fancy VPN system and that didn't work either, so doesn't seem like it's regional or privacy related.

Kaso Oct 22, 2020 6:55 am

Same error i got

Same here... got same error.. plz update me if it worked

saadk Oct 22, 2020 7:41 am

I am still getting the same error, tried contacting the turkish evisa support but still nothing other than their canned response, not even an admission that someone is looking into the issue.
Wondering if the other payment methods are working, WeChat/Alipay, etc? Unfortunately don't have access to those payment methods either

gobears293 Oct 22, 2020 1:43 pm

Issue has been fixed (at least for me). Just tried again and payment went through successfully.

Still no idea what the problem was, but seems like Turkey fixed it. Good luck to everyone.

Kaso Oct 22, 2020 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by gobears293 (Post 32766147)
Issue has been fixed (at least for me). Just tried again and payment went through successfully.

Still no idea what the problem was, but seems like Turkey fixed it. Good luck to everyone.

it os working now

asnovici Jun 17, 2021 11:54 am

Applied for the visa, clicked Save and Next and my application disappeared and I didnt get any reference number via email and didnt have a chance to proceed to payment. Are they sending me an email later or the system didnt work?

ISTFlyer Jun 17, 2021 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by asnovici (Post 33336195)
Applied for the visa, clicked Save and Next and my application disappeared and I didnt get any reference number via email and didnt have a chance to proceed to payment. Are they sending me an email later or the system didnt work?

To be sure, did you used the official e-visa website: "evisa.gov.tr".
There are many scam websites around there.

asnovici Jun 19, 2021 9:17 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer (Post 33337519)
To be sure, did you used the official e-visa website: "evisa.gov.tr".
There are many scam websites around there.

Yes, I did. We applied on this site many times before and it always worked. Will try again next week.

ISTFlyer Jun 19, 2021 9:22 am

Originally Posted by asnovici (Post 33340760)
Yes, I did. We applied on this site many times before and it always worked. Will try again next week.

OK, just wanted to be sure.
Was your credit card charged? If not, yes, as you mentioned, try again next week.

asnovici Jun 19, 2021 9:26 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer (Post 33340770)
OK, just wanted to be sure.
Was your credit card charged? If not, yes, as you mentioned, try again next week.

It didnt even get to the credit card part. Will try again.

Kiranmysore Apr 8, 2022 10:16 am

Hiya,

Can you please advise, how did you manage to resolve this issue? I have flight in 2 days. Please any help?

Thanks

bengalliboy Apr 8, 2022 6:13 pm

Credit card payment error

I am having same error to pay my fees using credit card
i contacted the ministry. I have tried 3 different times but no luck
any one else got it,
Thank you

Kiranmysore Apr 9, 2022 12:46 pm

Turkey eVisa payment issue is just resolved

Originally Posted by bengalliboy (Post 34149747)
I am having same error to pay my fees using credit card
i contacted the ministry. I have tried 3 different times but no luck
any one else got it,
Thank you

Turkey eVisa payment issue is just resolved (I've attached the screenshot)
I have tried making payment today & it worked like magic. Both mine & my daughter's application have been processed successfully today. I was too tensed since my journey is shortly on 13th April., never mind it is all fine now. Well, nothing to panic. I would suggest you to try a day later, it should work. Initially, I had emailed Turkish embassy (through their eVisa portal) and they promptly responded and advised me to try again later in the day and it did work next day. So, I would suggest to wait and try next day if possible, it should work. However, there is one more option if you're running out of time, i.e. to get eVisa through ivisa.com they are good too (check Trustpilot for the reviews)., you can typically get eVisa in 30mins (As per their website), but you will have to pay extra for their service. Good luck!! :)