FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ISTFlyer
The confirmed movement day is: 5-6 April 2019
Print Wikipost

Istanbul 'New' Airport ( IST/ISL ) - Master Thread ✈️

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2019, 7:58 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
How can I determine the cost of a taxi from the IST airport to the new Sheraton Istanbul City Center?

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/hote...l-city-center/
Old Jul 5, 2019, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Xeno
How can I determine the cost of a taxi from the IST airport to the new Sheraton Istanbul City Center?

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/hote...l-city-center/
A taxi ride from the airport would cost around ₺130-₺160 ( 25-30 USD ) depending on the traffic.

By the way, be aware that the location of the hotel is not that good as you would need to climb up the hill to go to the Beyoğlu and even though the hotel is next to a university campus, the area is surrounded by factories and car repair stores.
Xeno likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
A taxi ride from the airport would cost around ₺130-₺160 ( 25-30 USD ) depending on the traffic.

By the way, be aware that the location of the hotel is not that good as you would need to climb up the hill to go to the Beyoğlu and even though the hotel is next to a university campus, the area is surrounded by factories and car repair stores.
Thank you.

This hotel apparently is so new that getting basic data much less reviews are hard to come by.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 1:24 pm

Programs: SU Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by iexaltu
Single ticket but choice of flying to either Zurich (Swiss) or Frankfurt (Lufthansa) to connect to LAX. The flight to both Zurich and Frankfurt are on Turkish.
I would probably suggest Frankfurt, as there is more time to connect at both transfer airports in this case. FRA also provides some evening options to fly to US, in case original transatlantic flight is missed.
If flight from ACC is very late, Turkish might probably be willing to rebook her on their own direct LAX flight, if it is not full.
If possible, try to teach the girl the IST terminal map, locations of "short connections" points, etc.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Just a question to the OP, neither TK codeshares FRA-LAX or ZRH-LAX; neither LX/LH codeshares IST-FRA or IST-ZRH on TK; neither LX/LH codeshares IST-ACC on TK. I am not sure about how but which airline is issuing a single ticket for the routing ACC-IST-ZRH/FRA-LAX in your case? The routing could be complicated for a 13-year-old traveling alone and he/she might need to go to transfer desks as probably the agents in ACC would not be able to issue the boarding passes for the transatlantic leg. It's also possible that during a misconnection, he/she wouldn't be provided a hotel as the legal age of staying in a hotel alone ( without parental permission and signature ) is 18 in most parts of the world.

The risk is up to you.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 11:29 am

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Xeno
Thank you.

This hotel apparently is so new that getting basic data much less reviews are hard to come by.
This hotel is not very new , was the Titanic Downtown Hotel.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by GalaxyChris
This hotel is not very new , was the Titanic Downtown Hotel.
I may have noticed something like this, but the hotel is new to Marriott Bonvoy and I am having trouble getting information like if there is an executive lounge and if it is open on the weekends.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 5:50 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Loews Platinum
yacht airport transfer

Jas anyone gone on a boat from new IST to their hotel?
Old Jul 27, 2019, 9:48 am

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Braswch
I also thought that would be a neat idea, but haven’t seen it offered anywhere.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Braswch
Originally Posted by gr8pirate
I also thought that would be a neat idea, but haven’t seen it offered anywhere.
There are no boat transfers from Istanbul Airport to the city as the airport ( terminal ) is not located near the sea and there are no harbors/piers near the airport which a sea vehicle could dock. In addition, if there is a seaport near Istanbul Airport, it would take a minimum of 15 minutes to go to the terminal by car from the seaside.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 12:42 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Played around with the buggy prices at IST a little and found two things;

- meet and greet service (arrival) is really expensive even when you don’t look at it from a Turkish Lira perspective

- at departure: when you get a buggy from the central locations to your gate, the price is €5 per adult, 2.5 for kids 7-12 and free for ages 6 and under. Would consider this if traveling with kids.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 2:48 pm
jtz

Hi,
does anyone knowing there is anywhere to store your luggage at the new airport and how much it costs?
thanks
Old Aug 4, 2019, 7:12 am

Programs: QR Privilege Club
Originally Posted by jtz
Hi,
does anyone knowing there is anywhere to store your luggage at the new airport and how much it costs?
thanks
I have no idea about the pricing (but may not be cheapo, when you consider the pricing of many other services here...).

It's located in the Arrivals Hall, turn right after exiting the International Pax. Arrivals after clearing from Customs.
jtz likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They will negotiate a bit regarding kids for the buggy prices there and on teh spot and will generally carry kids under 12 for free if there are several adults involved and you have decent negotiating skills...........
Old Aug 5, 2019, 2:16 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Loews Platinum
Arrivals Lounge

Is there any arrivals lounge yet? I read that Turkish Airlines was suppsoe to be opening an Arrivals Lounge this summer.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.