Old Mar 31, 2019, 4:10 am

Info on lounges on Turkish Airlines web

https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-s...nge/index.html
Old Mar 31, 2019, 5:10 am

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Originally Posted by tockstew
Info on lounges on Turkish Airlines web

https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-s...nge/index.html
Which one would be the better lounge to visit? I assume the * Gold lounge (Miles & Smiles Lounge how they call it) will be slightly superior to the business class lounge? (that being the model many other airlines use such as SAS) - or am I entirely wrong with this assumption?

Might pop over to IST in a week or two to have a check as I'm quite curious and it's only a short flight for me
Old Mar 31, 2019, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The thought is that the Business lounge will be the better one, but no one knows yet .I have just noticed an issue here that they have changed entrance rules at least for Elite Plus. Currently on the rate occasion one travels in Economy with a spouse and children, immediate family entry is NOT an issue, it seems that with the new lounges, this is only the case with the Domestic lounge and that for the international lounges one will only be able to bring one guest or ONE additional immediate family member when traveling in economy. This is another downgrade in E+ membership!
Romanianflyer likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 4:04 am

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Interestingly, the opposition candidate of the CHP has taken a lead over one of Erdogan's cronies in yesterday's municipal elections. The AKP has already conceded its loss in the Ankara municipal elections. I wonder what this might mean for Istanbul's new airport as it's not a result which I think many would have predicted?

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/politics/tu...l-vote/1439324

Perhaps some on this forum who have shared some insider info before might have some thoughts about this all?
Old Apr 2, 2019, 2:51 pm

Not sure if this is the right place....

We'll be visiting TK 'Business' Lounge (I've been told there's 3) - I know they'll see no traffic for a few days so no one can be sure... BUT....

We'll be landing to IST at 4AM with an 8 hour lay-over .... i'm guessing this lounge will be 24hr? Wasn't an issue in Doha when we landed approx. 5AM (it was actually really nice as it was quiet)
Old Apr 2, 2019, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by alt123
Not sure if this is the right place....

We'll be visiting TK 'Business' Lounge (I've been told there's 3) - I know they'll see no traffic for a few days so no one can be sure... BUT....

We'll be landing to IST at 4AM with an 8 hour lay-over .... i'm guessing this lounge will be 24hr? Wasn't an issue in Doha when we landed approx. 5AM (it was actually really nice as it was quiet)
It is literally a right place to write but I have also created a lounge thread in the Miles&Smiles forum.
All Turkish Airlines Lounges, including the domestic one would be 7/24. I am not sure about the Exclusive Lounge and the arrival lounge that would open in a future date but I am sure that the domestic lounge, the international Business and international Miles&Smiles lounge would be open at that time in the morning similar to the Atatürk Airport lounges.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 7:41 am

Programs: Miles and Smiles
Hi,

Is there any info on CIP car parking ? Who can use it or will it be similar concept as Domestic CIP of Ataturk Airport? THY Helpdesk has no clue at the moment.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by kumbara
Hi,

Is there any info on CIP car parking ? Who can use it or will it be similar concept as Domestic CIP of Ataturk Airport? THY Helpdesk has no clue at the moment.
Yes, there is a valet service at the domestic CIP lounge. Until the movement the valet service is free of charge. However, I have no information about the company operating the valet and which credit cards would have discount. There is also an open carpark near the domestic CIP, however, I have no information if that parking area would be reserved for CIP parking or would be used for another thing.

I have found some images about the CIP carpark in the Turkish forum "WowTurkey"

Old Apr 3, 2019, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I have good news who are going to fly from/to Istanbul Airport on the first two weeks after the movement. The mayor of Istanbul, Mr. Mevlüt Uysal, has announced that İETT ( municipality bus authority ) would offer 15 days of free transportation between Atatürk Airport and Istanbul Airport.

In the same statement, he has also announced that İETT would continue to operate three of their bus lines to Istanbul Airport. The schedule for these bus services after the movement aren't announced yet and the current schedule is valid until the 4th of April. However, rumors indicate that the Atatürk Airport - Istanbul Airport bus line would be removed after the two week free transportation period and the same line would end in another location with direct connection to the metro. AFAIK, the Halkalı line and the Mecidiyeköy line remain in service with a schedule update.

Old Apr 3, 2019, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
It is literally a right place to write but I have also created a lounge thread in the Miles&Smiles forum.
All Turkish Airlines Lounges, including the domestic one would be 7/24. I am not sure about the Exclusive Lounge and the arrival lounge that would open in a future date but I am sure that the domestic lounge, the international Business and international Miles&Smiles lounge would be open at that time in the morning similar to the Atatürk Airport lounges.
Thank link isin't working for me??
Old Apr 3, 2019, 4:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by alt123
Thank link isin't working for me??
Here is the link:
TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #2 - Lounges

Check out the wiki in this thread - ISTFlyer did a great job there!
Old Apr 3, 2019, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by SFOTraveler1984
Here is the link:
TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #2 - Lounges

Check out the wiki in this thread - ISTFlyer did a great job there!
Many thanks, i'll be stalking that thread for the next few weeks!
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The first foreign carrier to land Istanbul Airport would be Oman Air. The flight, WY165 is scheduled to land Istanbul Airport on 7 Apr 00:30 with a Boeing 737-800 aircraft. If there would be a change for the first foreign carrier to land to Istanbul Airport I would inform you via this thread.

The last foreign carrier to operate a flight from Atatürk Airport would be AviaTraffic as their flight YK776 to Bishkek would depart at 02:55, 5 minutes before the restrictions start. The aircraft that would operate this flight "EX-32007", Airbus A320, is now on his way to Atatürk Airport. You could follow this aircraft here;

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/ex-32007
mafaky likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The transfer has officially started.

At the moment, the last flight operated by a foreign airline is now taking off.

Also some aircrafts are getting ready for transfer flights ( IST-ISL )

By the way, the first non Turkish Airlines flight from Istanbul Airport would be 8Q 771 to Baghdad ( OnurAir )

Edit: Shared a Umrah flight instead of one of the movement flights. Corrected as 5 Apr 2019 04:00 ( GMT+3 ).
The first non Turkish Airlines flight corrected. Corrected as 5 Apr 2019 21:34 ( GMT+3 )
mafaky and SFOTraveler1984 like this.

Last edited by ISTFlyer; Apr 5, 2019 at 12:34 pm Reason: stated
Old Apr 5, 2019, 1:43 pm

Really exciting to follow this big move on FR24!
tockstew likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.