Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Redemption on Bangkok Airways

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2019, 6:53 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by mlqsko
All Etihad guest redemptions go to the same place. Serbia.
I can't say if it is the case right now, but last year there were at least 2 call centers where calls got forwarded (I think Dubai and Manchester, but not 100% sure).
Old Mar 15, 2019, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by morphogencc
I called today to book an award flight -- looking for flights on Bangkok Airways from BKK -> USM, there was wide open availability (4 seats / flight for 6 different flights). However, on a different leg -- USM -> HKT, there was zero availability for three days in a row. So it seems like it's rather hit or miss! For my flight to Ko Samui, it was 5000 points and $3.19 in taxes and fees.
Did you look up the availability or just called to have them check? I'm looking through EF to find availability in June and can't seem to find program that shows PG awards. I'm looking for SIN-USM and USM-BKK so wanted to prepare before I call up EY.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 1:31 am

Originally Posted by kurt711
Did you look up the availability or just called to have them check? I'm looking through EF to find availability in June and can't seem to find program that shows PG awards. I'm looking for SIN-USM and USM-BKK so wanted to prepare before I call up EY.
Their own. If PG have availability, EY will see it.
Old May 17, 2019, 2:47 pm

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Just thought I would post my experience. Called up and got an agent in Serbia who seemed very good at her job. I hadn't checked availability before. She searched BKK-USM-BKK and found 3 flights available on each day and got them booked. Taxes were 100THB outbound and 300THB on the return. Total time to complete everything was about 13 minutes. Surprised with how easy it was given that it was EY.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 9:33 pm

Programs: American Airlines Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I called for availability; the agent was pretty effective at investigating dates for me and the whole process was pretty smooth.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 8:38 am

I have been calling for 3 days and tried 3 different agents and none seem to be able to find award space for BKK-USM or USM-BKK. I was looking for end of Sept 2019. Do any of you think it is just too early and award space has not opened up or the award seats are all taken and difficult to come by?
Old Aug 3, 2019, 7:00 am

I also attempted to book a Bangkok Air flight using Etihad miles. Called Etihad multiple times until I finally talked with a supervisor

Apparently, Bangkok Air is blocking ALL award availability for Etihad for the last 10 days. I called a couple more times to test this with different routes and different days, no change. Zero availability on every Bangkok Airway route.

I was told that Etihad management sent an email to Bangkok Air, but they have yet to hear back regarding a solution.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 6:46 am

Programs: BA GGL
I'm having the same issue today; seems like either Bangkok Airways has zeroed out availability, or just forgotten to open it up...
Old Aug 20, 2019, 6:53 am

From what the agent said on the phone to me just now, it seems like they may only be opening routes for short-notice... like maybe a month ahead? Might call back to see if that's the case.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 2:03 pm

Have you tried T7-14?
Old Aug 21, 2019, 3:24 am

Just tried for Sept 2nd. Agent could find no availability when searching by day, then tried another way of searching by specific flight number on a date, still no dice. Says they need X class availability, but no X bucket shows on ExpertFlyer at all for USM-BKK :-/
Old Aug 21, 2019, 1:08 pm

I was told by agent when I called last week that partners reward flights are open 3 months from departure date. I was calling to check BKK-PQC flights for June 2020.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 3:31 am

So after a little investigation, and a few calls to PG and EY, it appears that what ExpertFlyer reports as A-class availability equates to redeemable partner award flights. Perhaps P too, I'm going to call again later to checked.

Having scanned the calendar, it appears that A availability only begins to trickle in about 30 days in advance. After that, there's a bunch of P availability for a couple months ahead, but beyond that, it's all more expensive buckets, and finally only Y (the most expensive bucket).

That said, ITA Matrix reports the least expensive selling classes as G and Q, so... maybe i have no idea.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:00 pm

After several attempts since July 28, I am finally able to book BKK-USM, for 9/27-9/30 return for 10K! I called last week too but the agent was still not able to do it for me. Even today, the first agent said she did not see availability and we got disconnected when she wanted to try harder. Then I called again, the second agent seemed to know about the previous blocking issue with Bangkok airways and said he believe it had been resolved. And after several minutes on hold, he was able to confirm and I transferred instantly from AMEX to complete the transaction! I have to say in general the agents are all quite nice and tried to be helpful for everyone I spoke with!.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 7:13 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bleongca
After several attempts since July 28, I am finally able to book BKK-USM, for 9/27-9/30 return for 10K! I called last week too but the agent was still not able to do it for me. Even today, the first agent said she did not see availability and we got disconnected when she wanted to try harder. Then I called again, the second agent seemed to know about the previous blocking issue with Bangkok airways and said he believe it had been resolved. And after several minutes on hold, he was able to confirm and I transferred instantly from AMEX to complete the transaction! I have to say in general the agents are all quite nice and tried to be helpful for everyone I spoke with!.
Is this good value? PG has discount fares for USM on their website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.