Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post your Op-Up success 2018

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2019, 12:01 am

Programs: EY Plat, Accor Plat
Just got business to first on the A380 between AUH-ICN. non-revenue PAX too, on that 25% off redemptions promo on now I hold gold with EY.

so 104K points return 1in F one in business. bit too bad
Old Aug 22, 2019, 6:16 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Shangri-la Gold, Taj Gold, Krisflyer Gold, BA Gold
What exactly is this 25 percent off promo. Is it only for gold members
Old Aug 25, 2019, 3:01 am

Originally Posted by Kingboomer
What exactly is this 25 percent off promo. Is it only for gold members
it was an open promotion they had in early august for those looking to redeem points. it was for maybe 8 destinations. Seoul was one of them. they do these occasionally.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 9:01 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Gold, Etihad Guest Gold, IHG Diamond, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold
Upgrade Given: Y - J
Upgrade Location: Gate
Route: LHR-AUH
Flight Number: EY 12
Date: 25/10/2019
Type of ticket: Saver
Tier Status: Gold
Pax on PNR (inc poster): 1

Nice bonus at Heathrow gate first upgrade for over a year!
Must say, where credit is due the service and food was exceptional.... ^
Old Oct 30, 2019, 2:40 pm

Upgrade Given: J - F
Route: IAD-AUH
Flight Number: EY 130
Date: 01/10/2019
Type of ticket: AA award
Tier Status: N/A
Pax on PNR (inc poster): 2

Surprise bump into F on a majorly oversold flight.
EYrevanchist likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 7:53 pm

Programs: TK Elite (*G), ITA Executive, WY Silver, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by stalker
Route: IAD-AUH
Flight Number: EY 130
Date: 01/10/2019
Type of ticket: AA award
Tier Status: N/A
Pax on PNR (inc poster): 2

Surprise bump into F on a majorly oversold flight.
Flown this a few times on paid and EY reward tix, never upgraded to F even once
Old Nov 6, 2019, 1:21 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest, JetBlue TrueBlue, Avianca LifeMiles, KLM FlyingBlue
Recently had an oversold AUH - BOM flight and did not get an op-up despite being a Gold Member. Later found out that plenty of people had in fact got upgraded some of whom were not even Silver. I don't know what metric Etihad is currently using to assign op-ups but it sure doesn't seem to be loyalty based anymore.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 12:58 am

Programs: EY Platinum
It hasn't been for some time. AFAIR it's based on the fare paid.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 2:05 am

Programs: Etihad Platinum
Forgot to post this from the trip in June

Route: SYD-AUH
Flight Number: EY 455
Date: 28/06/2019
Type of ticket: Business Flex
Tier Status: Gold
Pax on PNR (inc poster): 1

Arrived at the gate to discover that the boarding pass wasn't accepted and advised a seating change. After a brief chat that I didn't want a middle seat if I was being changed from 10A, the chap said that I's probably appreciate the view from 5H, window or not!.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 12:40 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Been over two years since I've had an Opup despite being Platinum and Gold Elite before that and flying 40+ flights a year with EY

Was told at AUH that there are now a group of PAX who have negotiated a status to pretty much guarantee J-F if it is available and that my chances of ever being Opupped again are slim to nil

So much for loyalty.......
Old Dec 10, 2019, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by Dogmatick
Been over two years since I've had an Opup despite being Platinum and Gold Elite before that and flying 40+ flights a year with EY

Was told at AUH that there are now a group of PAX who have negotiated a status to pretty much guarantee J-F if it is available and that my chances of ever being Opupped again are slim to nil

So much for loyalty.......
This sounds a little weird. care to embellish, im not sure how they would do this unless it was a large company pre-paying with a ton of cash.. like ADNOC but then only the routes they frequent would be in danger of no capacity.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 6:35 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Its not too unusual for corporates to include an upgrade clause in their airline agreements - for example if they book Business into a specific fare bucket, they will get upgraded to First, either at time of booking, or space available on the day, where they will be top of the list. Of course they may well be booking fares that are not the lowest in order to get this benefit.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by kelix
This sounds a little weird. care to embellish, im not sure how they would do this unless it was a large company pre-paying with a ton of cash.. like ADNOC but then only the routes they frequent would be in danger of no capacity.
I'd love to but a number of people I've asked are aware of it but won't spill the beans, no one at the moment is willing to risk employment for a miss-step and I was genuinely surprised the first lady even mentioned it. I only know that it has been confirmed by about 5 or 6 people

The guys in london were of the opinion that it was the fare and revenue related item, I am a B as only seniors Emirati's and royalty are A so was told it should be OK - When I asked of this other item they were " Oh yes " conversation ended.....
Old Dec 17, 2019, 9:51 pm

Oh to add the 5-6 were First class check in and first class lounge folk

I've not received my annual call to ask about the airline this year nor last October, I presume the department that did it was disbanded - was a revenue initiated call each year for me as an individual
Old Feb 7, 2020, 5:37 am

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Any recent reports for MNL? I have a few upcoming trips and will probs book EY if the op-up chances on that route are as good as they have been reported on here?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.