Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Is Etihad honouring chauffeur service on AA awards before change?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is Etihad honouring chauffeur service on AA awards before change?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2017, 5:41 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
I don't know about EY but friends I've given my EK miles to have told me that when/if they go on the web site to do a seat or req anything it's offered in big bold letters "BOOK YOUR CHAUFFEUR CLICK HERE". I know as I sually plan to pick up visiting friends/relatives myself & they always call me the first visit asking what it means & if that's easier for me". I assumes EYs site is similar?? I know it is for paid F tkts
The thread is discussing AA bookings, not EY bookings. I'm asking did AA ever advertise that redeeming for EY flights got you a chauffeur ?

Don't get me wrong, I'm used AA miles in the past, and the car service is a great perk for getting to Dubai for free, and no matter how late your plane is etc, you don't have to worry about the car not being there.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 6:26 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Just a short update:

Flight 1 - LHR-Abu Dhabi - Driver was late on the way to Heathrow by about 10 minutes. Not happy as standing in freezing cold temperatures outside the house. No contact made by driver until I called.

At Abu Dhabi they found that I was entitled, sent me down the exit but the dispatcher at the kerb could not find me on his PDA. Phone call and about 5 min wait and it was all OK.

Flight 2 - Abu Dhabi-MEL - no contact made about pick up so asked when I arrived. Told 0730 for a 0910 flight which boards at 0810! Got to hotel and called reservations and they said someone would contact me. Woke up early and there was an email saying 0730. Phoned and rebooked for 0630. Still think it's a bit late!

On arrival at MEL, the drivers wasn't there but the other ones who were there called him and he was there in 5 mins - I was out too fast. Quick trip in to the city.

Last edited by Markie; Jan 21, 2017 at 12:56 pm
Old Jan 21, 2017, 11:22 pm

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by tangey
The thread is discussing AA bookings, not EY bookings. I'm asking did AA ever advertise that redeeming for EY flights got you a chauffeur ?

Don't get me wrong, I'm used AA miles in the past, and the car service is a great perk for getting to Dubai for free, and no matter how late your plane is etc, you don't have to worry about the car not being there.
I understand that but can't you easily get your EY PNR from Aadvatage & pull up your booking on the EY site? If so there should be all sorts of places to choose seats, add passport & of course, ADD CHAUFFEUR DRIVE

As far as AA advertising free chauffeur drive, I highly doubt it. I can't imagine AAs partner page even mentioning it. EY doesn't do a great job of advertising it for their own customers. But then again they don't need to as even the most inexperienced flyer can't miss it when going on their web site. They do advertise it in certain magazines, etc but no where as widely as EK does
Old Jan 22, 2017, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
I understand that but can't you easily get your EY PNR from Aadvatage & pull up your booking on the EY site? If so there should be all sorts of places to choose seats, add passport & of course, ADD CHAUFFEUR DRIVE
No, this does not work for AAdvantage bookings.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 12:18 pm
azj

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
The interesting part is that the booking allows you to go through the booking process for the chauffeur service. Later, you get an email with a new itinerary and very small print saying that the itinerary is ineligible for the service. Why bother letting people go through the process? Seems like a waste of time for everyone.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 11:31 pm

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
I've never heard of such a thing. That's bizarre. When you book a partner flight using UA miles the partners PNR(s) come right up on the first page. If UA (with the worst IT in the industry can do it, surely AA can......sounds like they don't want to

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.