FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest-692/)
-   -   Is Etihad honouring chauffeur service on AA awards before change? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/1811220-etihad-honouring-chauffeur-service-aa-awards-before-change.html)

Markie Dec 27, 2016 7:49 pm

Is Etihad honouring chauffeur service on AA awards before change?

I have three AA tickets booked on Etihad First before the change in the rules about chauffeur service. The chauffeur service was booked at the same time as the tickets.

Are Etihad honouring these types of reservations please?

upgraded Dec 27, 2016 10:02 pm

Yes. There was no issue at all for us. Booked our award ticket last March and flew last month.

SponsorSFC Dec 28, 2016 10:23 am

Yes booked in March arrived into LHR on EY11 Monday picked up in a nice 5 series BMW.

ft101 Dec 28, 2016 5:57 pm

Make sure you don't get re-ticketed for any reason. There was a recent thread on here where that ended up being the cause of no chauffeur drive.

Markie Dec 28, 2016 10:36 pm

Thanks everyone. Let's hope it works for me too.

alp67 Dec 29, 2016 9:01 am

Originally Posted by Markie (Post 27669418)
I have three AA tickets booked on Etihad First before the change in the rules about chauffeur service. The chauffeur service was booked at the same time as the tickets.

Are Etihad honouring these types of reservations please?

No, not after Aug 10 2016. Just called Etihad to change an existing(!) chauffeur service booked back in march for travel in Jan 2017 to be told that there is no chauffeur service anymore for tickets booked through AA.
Will see what happens on arrival in AUH if I claim my confirmed service ;)

cajunguy Dec 29, 2016 10:12 am

I'm ticketed last July for a flight next March. On the phone now, well, it's ringing and ringing....

fingers crossed

*Update* - just trying to get through on the "Contact Us" number listed on their website is a nightmare!

Use this number - 877-690-0767

I'm booked!

azj Dec 29, 2016 11:22 am

Disappointed about the chauffeur service changes, but I booked an AA award for EY F anyhow. Can one PAY for this chauffeur service?

chinatraderjmr Dec 30, 2016 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by azj (Post 27676890)
Disappointed about the chauffeur service changes, but I booked an AA award for EY F anyhow. Can one PAY for this chauffeur service?

No, but you can go to the taxi line & ask them to get you a Mercedes taxi (in Dubai it's a Lexus). They don't say "taxi" & loook like private cars. You won't have to wait, they will be there in 2 min for you. The rates are reasonable. AUH to Dubai Marina is AED350

chinatraderjmr Dec 30, 2016 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by cajunguy (Post 27676557)
I'm ticketed last July for a flight next March. On the phone now, well, it's ringing and ringing....

fingers crossed

*Update* - just trying to get through on the "Contact Us" number listed on their website is a nightmare!

Use this number - 877-690-0767

I'm booked!

If I have to call Etihad From the US I don't even waste my time calling the US number. I just call the UAE number & if your in F or J there is rarely a hold time & you speak to a local (Emirati) agent, they don't push you off to the India call center.

Microwave Jan 6, 2017 1:41 am

Originally Posted by ft101 (Post 27673808)
Make sure you don't get re-ticketed for any reason. There was a recent thread on here where that ended up being the cause of no chauffeur drive.

I booked BNE-AUH-LHR as an AA issued F award back in March for flights early next month; when BNE-AUH lost F service, our tickets were reissued and now with the travel date approaching I've gone on to request a chauffeur — the request was rejected.

I see cajunguy seems to have had luck, though I'm not clear on his exact circumstances; has anyone else had any luck calling to get this service provided in situations where the tickets were booked before the policy change and the ticket reissue was through no fault or initiation of the passenger?

Football Fan Jan 10, 2017 3:35 pm

My booking still says chauffeur service booked. I believe I was able to book the chauffeur service although my booking came just after they changed the rules. But I cannot see details about what I booked, and I cannot remember. Call them? Thanks.

arfaczar Jan 10, 2017 8:19 pm

Flew last month on a pre-deval AA award ticket. Received email from Etihad and Avis confirming pick up. No problem.

mitpat474 Jan 12, 2017 1:58 am

But is there anyone who had the pre-12th august ticket who didn't have a chauffeur booked and had re issued tickets. managed to book a chauffeur?

chinatraderjmr Jan 13, 2017 3:43 am

Can anyone really be surprised they took this away? I'm surprised the ever offered it on FF tkts in the first place. AA has to pay for this & IMO free chauffeur service has nothing to do with an award "FLIGHT". I don't believe any other airline offers this on FF tkts except EK & they own their own cars in Dubai. Would not be surprised to see them change their T&C's to say "chauffeur drive on "partner" award tkts good only in the UAE