Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Etihad Airways - LOST BAGGAGE CLAIM is PEANUTS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Etihad Airways - LOST BAGGAGE CLAIM is PEANUTS

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2015, 11:01 am

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
Easy to understand how this could happen, people make mistakes.

Also, the limits are clear.

HOWEVER.........

What is not clear to me is why if they know what happened could they not simply RETRIEVE the bag for you!?!?

It appears that no effort is being made, that bag should be sitting at the airport where it was tagged to.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 10:25 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy
..What is not clear to me is why if they know what happened could they not simply RETRIEVE the bag for you!?!?

It appears that no effort is being made, that bag should be sitting at the airport where it was tagged to.
Indeed.

I lost my checked bags nearly 40 times so far ... and always was I reunited with them. Mostly on the same day, occasionally 3 days later, more commonly a week or two later, once 8 weeks later.... but never did they get lost for good.

I also vaguely remember - but fail to find the evidence - a UK court decision that if you have contact labels inside of the bag then the airline cannot simply claim a loss but this is evidence for theft/fraud and hence you can take them court and the limits for losses do not apply.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 10:43 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Luggage very rarely gets lost. Misplaced and delayed yet but hardly ever lost. But tagging it to different pax is a whole other story.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by ameenmca
Hello Dear Members,

I was flying from Johannesburg to Mumbai - India via Abu Dhabi through Etihad Airways on 09 DEC 2014.

When I landed my destination (Mumbai) I didn't received one of my baggage which contained some expensive clothing material samples worth $3500 weighing about 12 KGs. I immidiately went to Etihad Office at the Airport and complained about it.

They checked my details and stickers and informed me that the baggage is wrongly tagged to some other person and to some other destination (Adisababa instead of Mumbai) which didn't noticed by baggage stickers while boarding at Johannesburg.

After filling up the baggage lost claim form and all other details Etihad has now reverted back that they can only reimburse me $30 per KG. What a JOKE..!!!

I have all my invoices and other details for the lost items.

Dear members, please suggest me how to handle these CHEATERS and claim back the full amount which I deserve to be given.

THESE CHEATERS cannot just suppress people being a very big company.

Please suggest

Thanks.
Seems to me that they could have researched this more thoroughly and
cross referenced some possibilities where the bag may have gone. If the labels were swapped it is possible that someone was tagged with it and
rejected the case. It could then simply be in a lost luggage holding tank.

Second, in days past, employees used this technique to route bags to a favorite location where they could be easily stolen. Happened to me that way
but I figured it out and exposed the theft ring. Maybe too much for this situation though.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:30 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by overdahill
..Happened to me that way
but I figured it out and exposed the theft ring. Maybe too much for this situation though.
Noh!!!! Never OT to hear from Jack Bauer himself.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 10:55 am

Lost baggage due to etihad airways

My baggage was left behind in abu dhabi by etihad airways and after sending emails,making 45 calls to 5 different phone numbers that was provided to me by etihad lost and found info desk,the phone's are not answered?????

Working hours clearly state 14h00 to 21h00!?????

So frustrated and disappointed by this absolutely disgusting response!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.