Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Removal of chauffeur service for some business class passengers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Removal of chauffeur service for some business class passengers

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2015, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
https://www.etihad.com/en-gb/plan-an...ook-chauffeur/

You can even do it from within Manage My Booking.

They do say, though: "For changes to or cancellation of your booking, contact our Global Contact Centres or local offices". So the onus remains on the passenger to initiate any chauffeur request/change.

If I was subject to a change, I know I would pro-actively want to enquire about the status of the chauffeur booking anyway, rather than relying on Etihad. This is Etihad, after all!
Old Sep 17, 2015, 7:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
the problem I had was that the "manage my booking" was showing me as ineligible for the chauffeur despite the fact that Etihad had agreed I was elegible (and lets not go there again as this was the booking that kicked of this whole thread)
Old Sep 17, 2015, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, but the poster above says that Etihad changed his flight but didn't change his chauffeur...

Etihad won't send you a chauffeur, or even forward your details to the chauffeur company, unless you expressly request it (either via Etihad, or via the website).

One shouldn't assume that, on the basis of changes forced on you by Etihad, that they will then decide to step up and take over the arranging of the chauffeur for you as well, or as a consequence of their actions.

Effectively, Etihad will pick up the tab, but they require you to involve yourself in the arranging - they more or less stay out of it.

In short, if something changes - no matter which side is responsible for the change - it's the passenger's responsibility to rebook the chauffeur.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 1:02 am

I seem to be getting mixed messages when I call Etihad so thought I'd ask the board to be clear!

I am about to book a business class flight with AA miles LHR-AUH-LHR. Is this valid for a chauffeur? I've had a yes, a no, and a book it and see so far!!

Many thanks
Old Sep 28, 2015, 3:07 am

Valid - once your ticket shows as "Ticketed" on the AA website, use the EY record locator to book the chauffeur on the EY website.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 4:08 am

That's great, thank you
Old Oct 4, 2015, 7:53 pm

Is it possible to take the Chauffered car 5-6 hours after the arrival? My sister arrives late in AUH (1AM ish), and she doesn't feel comfortable taking a cab in that time to go all the way to Dubai. She would rather stay in the airport for a few hours, and leave there in the morning if that's possible.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 11:48 pm

So long as it's AUH, then yes, she can just proceed to the Arrivals Lounge, stay there until the time she is comfortable to start her journey, and then inform the lounge agent that she wants to go to the car.

I'm puzzled, though - you say "doesn't feel comfortable taking a cab in that time to go all the way to Dubai". Is it the late night part which is uncomfortable (i.e. safety on the roads, etc) or the cab part? Because obviously, if it's the latter, she will be in the chauffeur car rather than a cab.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 7:04 am

Programs: GOLD: AZ....maybe :-P
Hi guys,

Since the chauffeur service is not available anymore on Z fare I was wondering whether it works on W fare (as it is a Business Saver Fare).

Thanks in advance
Kite

EDIT: Yes.... Business Saver Fares are eligible for the chauffeur service

Last edited by KiteM; Nov 11, 2015 at 7:58 am
Old Nov 22, 2015, 10:05 am

Chauffer Service

Reading this post with interest as we also made a Business Class booking and are unable to book the chauffeur service as it is saver class. We made our booking in October and do not fly until next April but would have booked Emirates or Qatar if we knew before hand (no indication prior to booking) as prices were around the same and the timings were better.

In addition to this the date of our booking was amended so we now have to spend an additional night in Manila at our own cost and no one at Etihad seems to care that we are out of pocket. This is our first time with this airline and wish I had just stayed with Emirates of Qatar as not impressed so far and we have not even flew yet. NOT HAPPY

Last edited by Katfras; Nov 22, 2015 at 10:16 am
Old Mar 14, 2016, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I used the chauffeur service the other day at AMS, and mentioned the eligibility changes to the driver. Turns out that Etihad never informed them. They had been wondering for some time about the huge drop in the number of passengers using the service. He told me that on some days they were down to one or two. Makes you wonder how many full-fare J pax Etihad has on the AMS-AUH route.

Johan
Old Mar 14, 2016, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Katfras
Reading this post with interest as we also made a Business Class booking and are unable to book the chauffeur service as it is saver class.
Business Saver includes the chauffeur - dependent on there being a chauffeur service provided at the city/ies involved.

It is Business Breaking Deal fares (Z) that exclude the chauffeur.

http://www.etihad.com/en-nl/plan-and...ices-overview/
Old Mar 14, 2016, 1:54 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by johan rebel
I used the chauffeur service the other day at AMS, and mentioned the eligibility changes to the driver. Turns out that Etihad never informed them. They had been wondering for some time about the huge drop in the number of passengers using the service. He told me that on some days they were down to one or two. Makes you wonder how many full-fare J pax Etihad has on the AMS-AUH route.

Johan
I have found that the distance offered in Amsterdam Belgium and Dusseldorf is so minimal that many don't bother, 40KM from Dusseldorf airport doesn't get you through Dusseldorf alone.... 160 KM from Heathrow gets you a VERY long way

Had it out with them many times on this, well what I mean is I sent emails and heard nothing back
Old Mar 15, 2016, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Their website says 60km from DUS.

https://www.etihad.com/de-de/plan-an...ook-chauffeur/

Same for AMS (the German page actually says 80km from AMS), which includes most of the Randstad.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 6:49 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Their website says 60km from DUS.
Thanks, it must have changed then. Still for DUS that's pointless as it and the surrounding area is so spread out.

Compared to London it is a feeble distance.

I would rather they gave extended parking instead, probably save them a penny or two as well !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.