Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Removal of chauffeur service for some business class passengers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Removal of chauffeur service for some business class passengers

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2015, 12:09 am

[QUOTE=meFIRST;25142257]
In the past most of my flights have been W or D class, I have a Z coming up in a few months, so I can't report exactly what the policy is. Forget the website, its all vague. "Certain promotional fares are excluded". Well then do you mind telling us which ones?
QUOTE]

The policy is that Z does not qualify.
As Cspnvdl says Business Saver = Z is always available and should not be classed as a promotional fare, but seems to be a sneaky way of hiding the facts.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 6:23 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Dear mjmal51

Thanks for connecting to our flyertalk page, we would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused, we do value our guest feedback to ensure we improve our services throughout. We would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention. *GW
Old Jul 20, 2015, 6:25 am

Hi Burge Cooper,

We understand your concerns and we are looking to improve this service throughout. We will take this feedback on board and thanks again for sharing this with us *GW
Old Jul 22, 2015, 9:22 pm

Flew in Z on June 17th and took chauffeur to GH Dubai
Old Jul 24, 2015, 1:15 pm

I just hit this issue as well. No mention in the fare rules that Business Saver isn't eligible for the chauffeur. Phoned up the help line and the guy said because I booked a "promotional fare" it's not eligible. I asked what promotional meant and he said "cheaper". After pushing he admitted that actually it's all Business Saver fares that are affected. I pointed out that if that was the case then they should just state that on the web site but all we could do was apologise for the inconvenience.

This is clearly Etihad just hiding the fact that they've withdrawn the service. How hard is it to state the restriction in the fare rules?
Old Aug 7, 2015, 11:16 am

Programs: AA Exp, Radisson VIP, Expedia OneKey Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amex Plati
I'm looking at booking an AA codeshare I class business class fare. In looking at this thread I see a couple of people in this situation got the chauffeur. Does anybody know if this is always the case or did they just kind of slip through the cracks. Do these I fares correspond to the dreaded Z class? I hope not because I'll need to get from Dubai to AUH.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 3:46 pm

Hi Arabiamark

Thank you for posting here.

Please note that code share flight bookings are not eligible for the chauffeur service as per the T&C. We invite you also to please check with your travel agent prior to booking your flight to check for the eligibility which depends o the fare.
Please let us know should you have further questions.

*RM

Originally Posted by arabiamark
I'm looking at booking an AA codeshare I class business class fare. In looking at this thread I see a couple of people in this situation got the chauffeur. Does anybody know if this is always the case or did they just kind of slip through the cracks. Do these I fares correspond to the dreaded Z class? I hope not because I'll need to get from Dubai to AUH.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA Exp, Radisson VIP, Expedia OneKey Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amex Plati
Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Hi Arabiamark

Thank you for posting here.

Please note that code share flight bookings are not eligible for the chauffeur service as per the T&C. We invite you also to please check with your travel agent prior to booking your flight to check for the eligibility which depends o the fare.
Please let us know should you have further questions.

*RM
I looked at the terms and conditions and it says it's not available for a codeshare not operated by EY. I'm talking about an AA flight number on an EY aircraft. No mention is made of these. In fact I've used the chauffeur many times in this situation in the past. So the codeshare itself isn't the problem, right? But maybe the I booking class?
Old Aug 8, 2015, 4:59 pm

Hi arabiamark,

Apologies for any confusion, we can confirm if you are flying on an Etihad Airways aircraft you will be entitled to the chauffeur service, if you would like our team to contact you to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us at our inbox messages with your contact number, we can ask our team to call you to discuss this. Many thanks *GW
Old Aug 10, 2015, 8:33 am

Yes, it turns out that I have a 'Z' Class ticket after my firm booked through their usual Travel Agent. I flew Etihad Business a few years ago and vowed never to return after they changed my flight but not the chauffeur leaving me in the lurch in Manchester. I thought I might give it another go instead of my usual Emirates as the flight times were slightly more convenient and now I find out there is no car pickup. The website is less than trasparent I feel. Back to Emirates after this trip I think
Old Sep 16, 2015, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Thanks, OP! ^
Old Sep 16, 2015, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by Maanki
...they changed my flight but not the chauffeur leaving me in the lurch in Manchester...
I have also found that when EY changes the flight times, which they do regularly, the chauffeur is still booked based on the original time. Of course they call the previous day and I change the pickup time, so no big deal but another example of EY's poor ground services.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 5:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
I have also found that when EY changes the flight times, which they do regularly, the chauffeur is still booked based on the original time. Of course they call the previous day and I change the pickup time, so no big deal but another example of EY's poor ground services.
I have the phone number of the chauffeur company they use in Manchester and once the booking has been made find it much easier to deal direct with the company to sort out the arrangements
Old Sep 17, 2015, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
In fairness, it is up to the individual passenger to request, and arrange, the chauffeur themselves.

If you don't request it in the first place, you won't get it.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Originally Posted by irishguy28
In fairness, it is up to the individual passenger to request, and arrange, the chauffeur themselves.

If you don't request it in the first place, you won't get it.
In the first instance it needs doing by Etihad (although I have never tried doing it on line) and they do not normally give you the contact details to make any arrangement direct and rely on the company to ring you a day before the flight

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.