Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Etihad Diamond lounge at LHR - Nice or not?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Etihad Diamond lounge at LHR - Nice or not?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2013, 7:15 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
GF isn't really a "first class" lounge, though. It's more a lounge for BA Gold members. If you're actually flying F, then you'll be in the CCR which is approximately 5 feet from Fast Track security.

Depends if the OP was referring to the CCR or GF. I'd say the T4 EY lounge is comparable to GF, but obviously the CCR beats it hands down, as it's a dedicated First class lounge.
Although the dedicated LHR F pax CCR is "exclusive", the food, IME, is not up to scratch for F! The eggs I had in the CCR last year were a total disgrace. The eggs I had in the EY lounge at LHR were perfect! Service too was light years better in the EY lounge. I am sure others experiences will vary
Old Jan 17, 2013, 7:35 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by NoY
Although the dedicated LHR F pax CCR is "exclusive", the food, IME, is not up to scratch for F! The eggs I had in the CCR last year were a total disgrace. The eggs I had in the EY lounge at LHR were perfect! Service too was light years better in the EY lounge. I am sure others experiences will vary
I find the service in the CCR a little lacking, but the food has been excellent.

Conversely, I've had a poor experience in the EY lounge at LHR. The buffet looked like a pack of wolves had been at it, and the table service meal was adequate at best.

Having said that, I'm told this is really unusual. I'm not flying EY again until June, so I guess I'll have to wait and see.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 9:47 am

Programs: Etihad Gold
It dent seem fair to compare Etihad at LHR with BA there, better Etihad at AUH, where the first lounge trumps the CCR, though the artwork doesn't....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.