Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Chauffeur booking via call center on codeshare - HEADACHE

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2011, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

It's bad enough that you can't book the chauffeur service on EY's website for codeshare reservations (this is specifically an AA-marketed, EY-operated flight in Business).

But the headaches and hassle's I've had to endure to try and get it booked over the phone is absolutely inexcusable.

Over the past 2 weeks, I've made four separate phone calls to EY to try and sort out the chauffeur service. Half of the first call was spent arguing with the agent that the ticket was eligible*. First he wanted me to call AA to arrange the chauffeur. Like AA would have any idea what I was talking about. Then he wanted me to call AA and have them change the flight number to the EY flight (never mind that this wasn't booked with AA). Finally, after I insisted speaking with a supervisor, he contacted his "support desk" and agreed the ticket was eligible.

The rest of this first call, and the subsequent three calls were all variations of being placed on hold multiple times and them telling me that they sent an email to the chauffeur company and that I should check back for confirmation in a few days.

All told, I've spent about 80 minutes on the phone trying to handle this. I attempted to escalate with the last call, but he insisted that he would call me back in a few hours or tomorrow to update me on the status; supposedly the original emails weren't sent in the correct form. I can promise, all hell will break loose if I have to go through this one more time.

I've sent "feedback" in to corporate via the form on the website, about 8-9 days ago but have not received a reply. Can anyone think of any other alternatives? Is there a customer service / executive office phone number that won't get me re-routed to the call center?

*From the chauffeur service Terms & Conditions:
a. All guest holding code-share ticketed, marketed by other airlines but operated by Etihad are eligible for Etihad Chauffer service.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 10:03 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
EY are usless on the ground, no less their car servcie for F and J pax.
I had problems when Qantas codeshared with EY from Sydney regarding cars and driver..I always got it in the end. I feel for you - most staff are simply incompetent from my experience with EY at AUH and beyond.

They are better in the sky however, than Emirates but not Qatar.

Good luck!

Originally Posted by ijgordon
It's bad enough that you can't book the chauffeur service on EY's website for codeshare reservations (this is specifically an AA-marketed, EY-operated flight in Business).

But the headaches and hassle's I've had to endure to try and get it booked over the phone is absolutely inexcusable.

Over the past 2 weeks, I've made four separate phone calls to EY to try and sort out the chauffeur service. Half of the first call was spent arguing with the agent that the ticket was eligible*. First he wanted me to call AA to arrange the chauffeur. Like AA would have any idea what I was talking about. Then he wanted me to call AA and have them change the flight number to the EY flight (never mind that this wasn't booked with AA). Finally, after I insisted speaking with a supervisor, he contacted his "support desk" and agreed the ticket was eligible.

The rest of this first call, and the subsequent three calls were all variations of being placed on hold multiple times and them telling me that they sent an email to the chauffeur company and that I should check back for confirmation in a few days.

All told, I've spent about 80 minutes on the phone trying to handle this. I attempted to escalate with the last call, but he insisted that he would call me back in a few hours or tomorrow to update me on the status; supposedly the original emails weren't sent in the correct form. I can promise, all hell will break loose if I have to go through this one more time.

I've sent "feedback" in to corporate via the form on the website, about 8-9 days ago but have not received a reply. Can anyone think of any other alternatives? Is there a customer service / executive office phone number that won't get me re-routed to the call center?

*From the chauffeur service Terms & Conditions:
a. All guest holding code-share ticketed, marketed by other airlines but operated by Etihad are eligible for Etihad Chauffer service.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Well, 5th time was the charm - car service supposedly confirmed.

I think there was definitely some agent incompetence coupled with poor processes.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 6:42 pm

Programs: TG*G, SQ, QF
Well some 18 months have passed since the previous poster's woes with this and just a quick update to let anyone in a similar situation know that nothing seems to have changed..

1) Went to the Etihad website "Book Chauffeur" page and entered my booking ref and UK address. All appeared to go smoothly and no error messages

2) A couple of weeks passed and I vaguely remembered that I was expecting a confirmation email. Nothing received so eventually I called the Etihad call centre here in Singapore to check that everything was ok and was then told the booking was rejected due to no matching ticket number. Was told I needed Air Canada to request this as ticket was issued on their stock. Protested that AC wouldnt have a clue about this but she insisted I need to follow this procedure.

3) Called Air Canada. They didnt have a clue...

4) Called back Etihad. She said she would call Air Canada.

5) Etihad called me back. Told I needed to call Air Canada in Canada not Singapore

6) Called Air Canada in Canada. They didnt have a clue...

7) Called back Etihad. She said she would call Air Canada.

8) Etihad called me back. Told me I needed to call back Air Canada after 0600 ET when the "resource desk" would be open

9) Called back Air Canada. Told Etihad had already contacted them but they needed a UK phone number. gave them the phone number (Which was in my original booking on the Etihad website anyway)

10) Etihad called me back. Booking confirmed.....

So fingers crossed.. But surely there's got to be an easier way...
Old Apr 19, 2013, 11:24 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
What is so hard about getting the EY record locator from your ticketing airline, and booking online using that? It's the easiest way and I've done this one countless times for AAdvantage bookings.

Oh, and the Premium Manchester call centre is brilliant.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 10:54 pm

Programs: TG*G, SQ, QF
Originally Posted by m0hamed
What is so hard about getting the EY record locator from your ticketing airline, and booking online using that? It's the easiest way and I've done this one countless times for AAdvantage bookings.
That is exactly what i did and the website accepted my booking without any indication of problems. It was only when I called I was told it was rejected due to "non matching ticket number".

Maybe their system can accept AA tickets and not AC.? I have no idea.. My biggest peeve is probably that there was no indication of any problem and presumably I would have arrived at LHR next week expecting a car that wouldnt materialise if I hadnt taken the precaution of calling to check.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 4:14 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
I had a similarly frustrating experience initially that was resolved extremely professionally by Etihad.

Similar situation, AA ticket number, EY flight number, booked through TA. Tried online, didn't receive confirmation. Called Etihad, they said I would need to speak to AA. Called AA, they said the TA would have to do it. TA tried it, came back unconfirmed as well.

Called EY and told them I was tired of calling people, and an excellent customer service rep took action and fixed it by asking the service provider to manually force through the booking, and sent me a confirmation email a few hours later.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 2:05 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Simple rule with calling EY. If it sounds like you have rung through ti the India call centre, hang up and try again.

They are not enabled to do anything effectively. AlAin is better but Manchester is by far the best
Old May 2, 2013, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
I didn't use the call center, but I'm on a paid AA codeshare in F and so far no problem booking the chauffeur online. Actually, it was easy. First I called AA to get the EY booking reference/PNR code. Once I had it, I entered it into the appropriate box on the Etihad online chauffeur booking system at the EY website. It found my rezzie without problem, asked for input about my required transportation options for each eligible flight on the itinerary and that was it. They're supposed to send me a confirming e-mail; we'll see if/when it arrives and what it says.
Old May 3, 2013, 7:28 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA Silver, EK Gold, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry, Clear
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
First I called AA to get the EY booking reference/PNR code. Once I had it, I entered it into the appropriate box on the Etihad online chauffeur booking system at the EY website. It found my rezzie without problem, asked for input about my required transportation options for each eligible flight on the itinerary and that was it. They're supposed to send me a confirming e-mail; we'll see if/when it arrives and what it says.
I did exactly the same thing for a trip I have coming up in June and never received any type of confirmation email. I took a screen shot of the confirmation page, but I think I'm going to give them a call before the first flight to ensure everything is in order.
Old May 3, 2013, 8:38 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by wolf539
I did exactly the same thing for a trip I have coming up in June and never received any type of confirmation email. I took a screen shot of the confirmation page, but I think I'm going to give them a call before the first flight to ensure everything is in order.
They will call you 48 hours prior. I also noticed it now prints 'limo' on the boarding pass.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed
They will call you 48 hours prior. I also noticed it now prints 'limo' on the boarding pass.
I decided to follow up today with EY to confirm the Limo bookings I made online using their record locator number; what a disaster! I just spent 45 minutes on the phone with an agent who seemed overwhelmed. There was no record for any of the online bookings I made. He says he sent an email to the appropriate "team" to confirm the booking, but was adamant that I was only entitled to the service from AUH to hotel and back to AUH. He flat out refused to book a car for my arrival in LHR!

I have to call back in 24 hours to confirm that he was able to book AUH-hotel-AUH as apparently it's impossible for them just to send me an email confirmation. When I call I'm going to try again for LHR to hotel.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by wolf539
I have to call back in 24 hours to confirm that he was able to book AUH-hotel-AUH as apparently it's impossible for them just to send me an email confirmation. When I call I'm going to try again for LHR to hotel.
Just got off another 30 minute call, however this one seemed to go better. The agent I spoke to said my bookings for AUH-hotel-AUH were confirmed. Additionally, he said that I was entitled to a limo LHR-hotel, and made that booking for me as well. For some reason they're unable to send an email confirmation (which is a bit concerning), but hopefully this is the end of the saga! I guess I'll find out in two weeks...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.