FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chauffeur booking via call center on codeshare - HEADACHE
Old Nov 22, 2011, 8:59 pm
ijgordon
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Chauffeur booking via call center on codeshare - HEADACHE

It's bad enough that you can't book the chauffeur service on EY's website for codeshare reservations (this is specifically an AA-marketed, EY-operated flight in Business).

But the headaches and hassle's I've had to endure to try and get it booked over the phone is absolutely inexcusable.

Over the past 2 weeks, I've made four separate phone calls to EY to try and sort out the chauffeur service. Half of the first call was spent arguing with the agent that the ticket was eligible*. First he wanted me to call AA to arrange the chauffeur. Like AA would have any idea what I was talking about. Then he wanted me to call AA and have them change the flight number to the EY flight (never mind that this wasn't booked with AA). Finally, after I insisted speaking with a supervisor, he contacted his "support desk" and agreed the ticket was eligible.

The rest of this first call, and the subsequent three calls were all variations of being placed on hold multiple times and them telling me that they sent an email to the chauffeur company and that I should check back for confirmation in a few days.

All told, I've spent about 80 minutes on the phone trying to handle this. I attempted to escalate with the last call, but he insisted that he would call me back in a few hours or tomorrow to update me on the status; supposedly the original emails weren't sent in the correct form. I can promise, all hell will break loose if I have to go through this one more time.

I've sent "feedback" in to corporate via the form on the website, about 8-9 days ago but have not received a reply. Can anyone think of any other alternatives? Is there a customer service / executive office phone number that won't get me re-routed to the call center?

*From the chauffeur service Terms & Conditions:
a. All guest holding code-share ticketed, marketed by other airlines but operated by Etihad are eligible for Etihad Chauffer service.