Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sydtogla
Emirates Seating Guide

A380

First:
  1. Solo travelers: some say row 4 is loud from the galley behind, while row 1 may be a bit more cramped than other rows. Most suggest rows 2 or 3, seats A or K.
  2. Couple: E/F seats in rows 1-3 are all fairly similar.
Business:
  1. General: the mini cabin at the back has a more secluded feel, though some comment that there is noise from the bar beyond row 23.
  2. Solo travelers: most prefer seats A and K (solo seats on sides with windows).
  3. Couple: aim for seats E/F to be closer together.
Economy:
  1. General comments: upgrade if at all possible!

First:
  1. Solo travelers: Row 1, especially 1a and 1k, is the worst because of galley and lavatory right in front. Noisy and high traffic. Not much difference between row 1 and 2 in terms of space on the 77w for k or a seats.
  2. Couple: there is not really any difference between row 1 and 2 for e and f seats except 1 is near the galley and 2 is near row 6 in j where there may be children
Business:
  1. General: There is limited direct aisle access as the configuration is 2-3-2. The rear J cabin will have Y pax move through on boarding.
  2. Solo travelers:
  3. Couple: 7 j and k are great if you don't mind the missing window. It's in the private mini cabin - a great choice unless you like window gazing. You also don't get y traffic passing through this cabin as you turn left on entry!
Economy:
  1. General comments: Y on the 777 is for slim people.
Print Wikipost

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2007, 6:38 am

Programs: Skywards
at the cost of repeating myself (the previous post didn't seem to come up on the board) here I go again ...

Using the trick that Sadiq posted on another thread (fake booking on Emirates), I found that EK404 on 777-300 is only 5 rows in business class (3 in first).
Row numbers go from 7 to 11.
This does match what the Emirates rep told me on the phone, but it doesn't match at all any of the seat-maps on 777-300 I found on SeatGuru or Emirates ...
What gives?

Cheers

Glen
Old Feb 11, 2007, 9:37 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Hi,

Sometimes the Emirates website only shows select rows of Business Class, not all. If the plane has 3 rows of F, it is an older 773 without ICE.

Cheers
Old Feb 11, 2007, 10:12 am

Thanks Sadiq,

You're right, it does only have 3 first class rows.
So you reckon this flight has still got Business class seat 6? In this case I'm stuck with bulkhead seat (8) ... How is it for leg room anyway, is it restrictive?
I've also heard that they have 50 on-demand movies in addition to the old pre-ice entertainment system. Is this true?

cheers
Glen

Originally Posted by sadiqhassan
Hi,

Sometimes the Emirates website only shows select rows of Business Class, not all. If the plane has 3 rows of F, it is an older 773 without ICE.

Cheers
Old Feb 11, 2007, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by melb_flyer
Thanks Sadiq,

So you reckon this flight has still got Business class seat 6? In this case I'm stuck with bulkhead seat (8) ... How is it for leg room anyway, is it restrictive?
I've also heard that they have 50 on-demand movies in addition to the old pre-ice entertainment system. Is this true?

cheers
Glen
Yes, it should still have Row 6. EK often holds this row back for airport preassignment, which is why it doesn't exist on some of their seat maps.

On 777s, I find the bulkhead legroom to be excellent, unlike on 330s.

They do have 50 or so on demand movies via an inseat tape player. The quality isn't the best though, and you have to "order" the tape, so you may not get your first choice of movie.

Cheers
Old Feb 11, 2007, 10:25 am

Thanks for quick reply mate. I pride myself in being able to find out information about travel and such, but I must admit, Emirates reservation people had me beat .
At least now I know where we are standing. I did consider EK406, but the price was a lot higher for the same class in EK404 (now we know why ).

Cheers

Glen
Old Mar 18, 2007, 9:49 am

Hi,

in 3 weeks I will be trying the new direct service Hamburg-Dubai on a 777-300 ER in Y class. From Dubai I will continue with a 777-300 to Singapore. On my way back I understand that one flight will be a 330-200. Does anyone have seat recommendations?
Old Mar 18, 2007, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by lacanau
Hi,

in 3 weeks I will be trying the new direct service Hamburg-Dubai on a 777-300 ER in Y class. From Dubai I will continue with a 777-300 to Singapore. On my way back I understand that one flight will be a 330-200. Does anyone have seat recommendations?
I would secure your preferred seats ASAP for the DXB-SIN-DXB sectors. These flights are almost always packed, and ~40% of all seats are middles on the 773s. I like to sit near the front of the planes because it makes getting off a lot easier.

Cheers
Old Mar 18, 2007, 10:22 am

I would secure your preferred seats ASAP for the DXB-SIN-DXB sectors. These flights are almost always packed, and ~40% of all seats are middles on the 773s. I like to sit near the front of the planes because it makes getting off a lot easier.

Cheers
Thanks! One problem though - my travel agent tells me that for Y class it is not possibel to reserve seats!? Is that true?
Old Mar 18, 2007, 10:34 am

Thanks! One problem though - my travel agent tells me that for Y class it is not possibel to reserve seats!? Is that true?
yes it is - if you are not a skywards member. If you are, then it is possible to pre reserve seats directly with EK. Joining skywards is free.

Cheers
Old Mar 18, 2007, 11:08 am

yes it is - if you are not a skywards member. If you are, then it is possible to pre reserve seats directly with EK. Joining skywards is free.

Cheers
great advise I also like to sit in front rows of the aircraft with some additional leg space. Any idea?

Cheers,
Old Mar 18, 2007, 1:15 pm

great advise I also like to sit in front rows of the aircraft with some additional leg space. Any idea?

Cheers,
most of the extra legroom seats can only be held at check in - if you go early, you have a much higher chance of securing one

Cheers
Old Mar 23, 2007, 12:20 am

Hi
I am traveeling Business on 419 and Return on 418 in june can anyone tell me what sort of seats these will be and the which seat numbers are best?
Thanks
Old Apr 23, 2007, 2:59 am

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Any updates on the 777-300's (non-ER) cabin upgrade progress ?
Old Apr 24, 2007, 12:44 pm

Programs: Skywards silver, Flying Blue
most of the extra legroom seats can only be held at check in - if you go early, you have a much higher chance of securing one

Cheers
do you mean to say you cant reserve the bulkhead seats too?
Old May 2, 2007, 1:44 am

Avoid Row 6 on A330-200 configured in 3 classes. Seat pitch is absolutely abysmal
You can say this again. I was unfortunate enough to be stuck in this row for LGW-DXB-HKG last weekend and after an uncomfortable first flight LGW-DXB, I asked to be "downgraded" to row 25 for the second leg DXB-HKG. Ironically, the economy seats in row 25 have the same usable width (17.6") as the business seats in row 6, but a much better seat pitch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.