Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sydtogla
Emirates Seating Guide

A380

First:
  1. Solo travelers: some say row 4 is loud from the galley behind, while row 1 may be a bit more cramped than other rows. Most suggest rows 2 or 3, seats A or K.
  2. Couple: E/F seats in rows 1-3 are all fairly similar.
Business:
  1. General: the mini cabin at the back has a more secluded feel, though some comment that there is noise from the bar beyond row 23.
  2. Solo travelers: most prefer seats A and K (solo seats on sides with windows).
  3. Couple: aim for seats E/F to be closer together.
Economy:
  1. General comments: upgrade if at all possible!

First:
  1. Solo travelers: Row 1, especially 1a and 1k, is the worst because of galley and lavatory right in front. Noisy and high traffic. Not much difference between row 1 and 2 in terms of space on the 77w for k or a seats.
  2. Couple: there is not really any difference between row 1 and 2 for e and f seats except 1 is near the galley and 2 is near row 6 in j where there may be children
Business:
  1. General: There is limited direct aisle access as the configuration is 2-3-2. The rear J cabin will have Y pax move through on boarding.
  2. Solo travelers:
  3. Couple: 7 j and k are great if you don't mind the missing window. It's in the private mini cabin - a great choice unless you like window gazing. You also don't get y traffic passing through this cabin as you turn left on entry!
Economy:
  1. General comments: Y on the 777 is for slim people.
Print Wikipost

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2006, 7:12 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by mrploddy
I'm on the afternoon flight out of Manchester

Regards

mrploddy
Yes, it will have ICE.

Cheers
Old Jul 10, 2006, 10:42 pm

Good seats or not?

Hey All,

Me and my Finacee will be travelling on Emirates in Nov-Dec and need to find out if we got good seats in Economy:

AIRBUS INDUSTRIE A345 JET- I currently got 15 D,E

AIRBUS INDUSTRIE A332 JET - Got 17 J,K

BOEING 777-300ER JET - Got 25 B,C

Thank you all!
Old Aug 7, 2006, 12:23 pm

340-500 Row 16, Seats B and J

I was able to get seats 16B and J for my upcoming trip. Everything I've read says these can be pretty good seats. My question is regarding the video system. Where is the screen since there is no seat in front of me. Also, how much smaller is the seat due to the in-armrest tray etc.? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 9:14 am

Programs: Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by wizeson
I was able to get seats 16B and J for my upcoming trip. Everything I've read says these can be pretty good seats. My question is regarding the video system. Where is the screen since there is no seat in front of me. Also, how much smaller is the seat due to the in-armrest tray etc.? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
PTV is stowed in the armrest, therefore it cannot be used during t/o, landing and taxiing. I'd say there's around an inch off the normal seat's width.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 11:09 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Hmmm. I'm on a F RTW ex-BKK and was given an STPC about two months ago for a 14-hour connection in DXB between Male and BKK.

Originally Posted by Mogensen
another note is that we weren't offered a STPC thus having an 8 hour layover in DXB, this was according to EK in CAI not possible since this was a RTW ticket, and therefore not very income generating for EK I was quite upset about this and as the airport hotel costs app. 160 usd for a six hour sleep and all the airport area hotels were fully booked, we ended up in the very crowed EK business class lounge from 0:30 am to 8:45 am
Old Aug 13, 2006, 12:32 am
Original Poster

The people at CAI seem to be aware that tickets were/are being sold "too" cheap from here, and this causes them to make up there own rules. Nothing really to do about this, as EK service and support people sitting in Dubai, seem not to be able to do anything about this...they reffered me back to where i bought my ticket .... EK CAI

Enjoy your STPC - the Le Meridien is fine, with a great pool and basically just 10 minutes by car from the terminal building...
Old Sep 27, 2006, 11:04 am

Programs: Skywards Blue, M&M
Window Seats

Hello everybody,

My only experience with EK was FRA-DXB-BKK (y-class) in 1990. They were using A310 / A300 at this time and I remember the trip as pretty good.

Too bad personal demands have increased a bit in the meantime: I can feel another long hawl coming up and I'm willing to spend money on DUS-DXB-AKL (EK 058/EK 406) and CHC-DXB-DUS (EK 055/EK 413) in Business. Watching the Emirates-pages and reading this forum gives me the idea, that the money will be well spent.

So here are my questions:

1) Since one of my priorities is a good view out of the window, esp. during climb and approach (upright seat-position) I wonder which seats would serve this purpose best on 332 and 345 (C or J-class). I would hate to get stuck between two windows and ruin my cervical vertebrae...

2) Why does seatexpert.com rate 9a and 9k on both A332 (three classes) and A345 as "beware"?

3) I couldn't find any information on how many Skywardmiles I'd have to spend on upgrades in future-trips. Neither the Emirates- nor the Skywardspages seeme to provide the information. I can remember coming across a pdf with all the information I ask for, but can't find it anymore. Can anybody give me the link?

Thanx in advance,

Peter

Last edited by PeterMaas; Sep 27, 2006 at 12:19 pm
Old Sep 27, 2006, 12:22 pm

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Please Delete

Last edited by jbfield; Sep 27, 2006 at 12:23 pm Reason: Duplicate Post
Old Sep 27, 2006, 12:22 pm

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Originally Posted by PeterMaas
3) I couldn't find any information on how many Skywardmiles I'd have to spend on upgrades in future-trips. Neither the Emirates- nor the Skywardspages seeme to provide the information. I can remember coming across a pdf with all the information I ask for, but can't find it anymore. Can anybody give me the link?
I can't help with 1 or 2, although looking seatguru they've not listed it as "be aware" so I'm not sure why seatexpert have chosen to be more cautious,
but I can for 3.
The membership guide is found on the Skywards website under "News and Offers" -> "Member Guide"
URL:
http://www.skywards.com/online_handbook.aspx
.PDF URL:
http://www.skywards.com/cmsImages/Sk...136-162745.pdf

Last edited by jbfield; Sep 27, 2006 at 12:40 pm
Old Oct 1, 2006, 1:46 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue, M&M
@jbfield: Thanx, that's what I've been looking for. Somehow stupid of me, not to find it myselfe.

Someone any idea about 1) and 2)?

How would you compare J-class on EK 418 (77W) with EK 406 (345)?

When it comes to a long hawl DXB-AKL EK 432 (773) isn't worth a thought, right?

Regards,

Peter
Old Nov 4, 2006, 5:58 pm

Programs: Skywards Sliver
Which are the Best seats: Y, 345, Mel-DXB

Hi all,

Flying to DXB from MEL next week Nov 13, and was wondering which seat on economy class on board 345 is BEST. I dont like the bulkrows, as the armrest is not moveable, however, i like the leg room.

In addition, does anyone know if the flight will be fully booked or not? If not, then I will pick my seat hoping noone is seated next to me.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Bee
Old Nov 5, 2006, 5:36 pm

Flight from MAN - DXB - LHE (Advice on Stop Over and Seats Please)

Hi all!

I am new to this forum, and have been reading it with interest. I am due to fly from MAN to DXB and then onto LHE on the 25th of November 06. I haven't yet tried Emirates, however I have decided to try it on this trip!

Anyway, I need some advice from the more senior flyers here

I have booked an Economy seat (Showing as 'L'? on my ticket)

The flight from MAN is EK020 Leaving 7:50pm (25/11/06) and arriving in DXB at 6.40am (26/11/06)

My connection on to LHE is EK622 at 10.05pm (26/11/06). This is a say 15hr 25m transfer stop. Can I request some accomodation or can I buy myself into one of the better lounges (Diners Club, First/Business) from Emirates.
Has anybody had any experience doing this, either in Diners, First/Business or maybe even the 'Marhaba' lounge?

Can I also ask which the best seats are on these flights (I am 6'2 - or should I get cheeky and ask for an upgrade!)

Hope Emirates works out for me on my first flight with them, you assistance in this is appreciated

Thanks in Advance

Mark
Old Nov 5, 2006, 6:20 pm

Programs: Skywards Sliver
Originally Posted by Winging It
Hi all!

I am new to this forum, and have been reading it with interest. I am due to fly from MAN to DXB and then onto LHE on the 25th of November 06. I haven't yet tried Emirates, however I have decided to try it on this trip!

Anyway, I need some advice from the more senior flyers here

I have booked an Economy seat (Showing as 'L'? on my ticket)

The flight from MAN is EK020 Leaving 7:50pm (25/11/06) and arriving in DXB at 6.40am (26/11/06)

My connection on to LHE is EK622 at 10.05pm (26/11/06). This is a say 15hr 25m transfer stop. Can I request some accomodation or can I buy myself into one of the better lounges (Diners Club, First/Business) from Emirates.
Has anybody had any experience doing this, either in Diners, First/Business or maybe even the 'Marhaba' lounge?

Can I also ask which the best seats are on these flights (I am 6'2 - or should I get cheeky and ask for an upgrade!)

Hope Emirates works out for me on my first flight with them, you assistance in this is appreciated

Thanks in Advance

Mark

Mark,

I hope you have signed up for Skywards, because you might not ever fly with any other airlines, unless Emirates does not have a route.

Anyways, to your point, Techincally speaking you can request accomodations. However, its not really a must in legal terms. I recommend you ask for it as soon as possible, because it may require reservations. If there is availablity then you can pick up the hotel vocuher from the check-in at MAN. Be Sure to pick it up from there, or you might face some difficulty at DXB.

As for the Lounges, not really sure, but I had one of my friends Pay to enter the Business Lounge, but that was awhile back, not sure if it can be done now.

As for 'Marhaba' lounge, you pay only 75 Dirhums to enter.

This link is for the Marhaba: http://www.emirates.com/uk/Dubai/Dub...abaLounges.asp

I hope this helps...

Enjoy!
Old Nov 6, 2006, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by Sagribader
Mark,

I hope you have signed up for Skywards, because you might not ever fly with any other airlines, unless Emirates does not have a route.

Anyways, to your point, Techincally speaking you can request accomodations. However, its not really a must in legal terms. I recommend you ask for it as soon as possible, because it may require reservations. If there is availablity then you can pick up the hotel vocuher from the check-in at MAN. Be Sure to pick it up from there, or you might face some difficulty at DXB.

As for the Lounges, not really sure, but I had one of my friends Pay to enter the Business Lounge, but that was awhile back, not sure if it can be done now.

As for 'Marhaba' lounge, you pay only 75 Dirhums to enter.

This link is for the Marhaba: http://www.emirates.com/uk/Dubai/Dub...abaLounges.asp

I hope this helps...

Enjoy!
Thanks for your reply!

I called Emirates UK who told me I was not entitled to the free accomodation because my ticket was 'L' Economy and not 'Y'. Hmm!

Anyway, I was told the Marhaba Lounge has rooms available with beds etc so I might be able to get in there and book one. Does anybody have any idea where the rules for this kind of travel are, as it seems Emirates done advertise the stop over details on their website.

Thanks all!
Old Nov 6, 2006, 3:01 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Thanks for your reply!

I called Emirates UK who told me I was not entitled to the free accomodation because my ticket was 'L' Economy and not 'Y'. Hmm!
The staff member that you talked to is either lazy or misinformed, call again

Anyway, I was told the Marhaba Lounge has rooms available with beds etc so I might be able to get in there and book one. Does anybody have any idea where the rules for this kind of travel are, as it seems Emirates done advertise the stop over details on their website.
I don't remember seeing beds in the Marhaba lounge but they might still eb there. The accomodation rules are very blury. See this thread for more info:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...highlight=STPC

Cheers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.