Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sydtogla
Emirates Seating Guide

A380

First:
  1. Solo travelers: some say row 4 is loud from the galley behind, while row 1 may be a bit more cramped than other rows. Most suggest rows 2 or 3, seats A or K.
  2. Couple: E/F seats in rows 1-3 are all fairly similar.
Business:
  1. General: the mini cabin at the back has a more secluded feel, though some comment that there is noise from the bar beyond row 23.
  2. Solo travelers: most prefer seats A and K (solo seats on sides with windows).
  3. Couple: aim for seats E/F to be closer together.
Economy:
  1. General comments: upgrade if at all possible!

First:
  1. Solo travelers: Row 1, especially 1a and 1k, is the worst because of galley and lavatory right in front. Noisy and high traffic. Not much difference between row 1 and 2 in terms of space on the 77w for k or a seats.
  2. Couple: there is not really any difference between row 1 and 2 for e and f seats except 1 is near the galley and 2 is near row 6 in j where there may be children
Business:
  1. General: There is limited direct aisle access as the configuration is 2-3-2. The rear J cabin will have Y pax move through on boarding.
  2. Solo travelers:
  3. Couple: 7 j and k are great if you don't mind the missing window. It's in the private mini cabin - a great choice unless you like window gazing. You also don't get y traffic passing through this cabin as you turn left on entry!
Economy:
  1. General comments: Y on the 777 is for slim people.
Print Wikipost

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2006, 4:09 pm

emirates seating

G/Day all,
Could someone tell me in layman terms which are the best seats in economy class, we are flying Perth to Dubai (EK 421) A340-300 and then Dubai to London ( EK1 ) 77w (777-300 i think) on return we fly Rome Dubai EK96 777-300 and Dubai Perth (EK420) A340-300, we are first time travellers on this sort of trip any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.
We are aged 60+.
Thank you DD
Old Apr 1, 2006, 1:43 am

Emirates 777 Seating = CANNED

EK put in a TEN acrross seating in their B777-fleet.
in their B773 that means 389 Y plus 49 C class, about 50 seats more than on Thai's 773. EK's charter type seating means simply that a normal caucasian simply does NOT fit into the seat at shoulder level. either one sits with bent shoulders or leans toward aisle/window, if possible. the traytables are foldable as there would be no space for a standard traytables - during service all pax MUST sit upright, otherwise the pax behind cannot be served and you will be mercilessly woken up during sleep (even if you don't want to eat)

during boarding-disembarking many pax barely can walk straight through the aisles, very simply too narrow - one cannot think about an emergency embarkation from Emirates 773 with 438 pax plus crew - realistically a very low chance to get out in 90 seconds.

altogether, it is totally IRRESPONSIBLE to operate a long haul aircraft like the B773 with a ten across seating - no other Asian carrier does so on the long haul (not MH, SQ, TG, CX!!!)

after a full London -Dubai -Bangkok -Hong Kong flight - you can book the physiotherapist - that's for sure.
Old Apr 1, 2006, 3:17 am

Programs: Miles & More, Skywards, Skymiles
Interesting read markusgrimm88,
I always thought Emirates had one of the most spacious and most comfortable economy classes available. At least that's what I have heared Guess I am yet to find that out in April on my flight FRA-DXB.
Can anybody else comment on Emirates economy class please? Just getting curious now.
Old Apr 1, 2006, 5:07 am

Programs: Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by -Flynn-
Interesting read markusgrimm88,
I always thought Emirates had one of the most spacious and most comfortable economy classes available. At least that's what I have heared Guess I am yet to find that out in April on my flight FRA-DXB.
Can anybody else comment on Emirates economy class please? Just getting curious now.
Standard width with tight pitch on the A330/343s
Narrow width and quite good pitch on the B777s....

...in a nut shell.
Old Apr 1, 2006, 5:12 am

Programs: Miles & More, Skywards, Skymiles
I guess no airline can offer a comfortable economy class seat to someone being 6'4'' tall. At least I am yet to find one...
Old Apr 1, 2006, 10:22 am

Programs: LANPass Black, TK*G, HHonors Gold
In the B777, I would recommend tall passengers to take a seat in one of the last rows. The configuration there is 2-4-2 instead of 3-4-3 and if you take seat B or J you have a huge amount of leg and stowage room (e.g. seat 46J in a B777-300 is one of the best in Y).
Old Apr 1, 2006, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by markusgrimm88

altogether, it is totally IRRESPONSIBLE to operate a long haul aircraft like the B773 with a ten across seating - no other Asian carrier does so on the long haul (not MH, SQ, TG, CX!!!)
What do you mean by "irresponsible?"

I love the B777s mainly because I am tall and thin. I fit comfortably into the seat width-wise, and the 34" legroom is definately a plus.

Cheers
Old Apr 11, 2006, 7:52 pm

I usualy take seat 1 on any aircraft.
In this EK instance I do not
I have travelled on both the 340 500(I took 1a and had the curtain being flicked back all night) so on the return chose 3A which I will always do now.

2nd trip
On the syd-bkk trip I chose 2 window. I had no one next to me so I did like that . very private and lots of room to get in and out of the seat.

I would have hated it if there was someone next to me I am sure I would have had to wake anyone on the isle just to get out.

when I first got back untill- I thought about it- I said that both aircraft were as good as the other.
when I have no one next to me I would still say that
BUT if someone were put next to me I would say I would rather one of the 2 seats in the middle
Old May 13, 2006, 6:12 am

Programs: Skywards Blue Member
Hi,

I have booked to fly on EK for our honeymoon and have chosen to upgrade to business class (first time ). We are flying a 777-300 3-class and have been allocated row 8 A,B and 8 J,K which are bulkhead seats.

Does anyone know if these seats have limited legroom? Should I request a move to row 9 or 10? I know no-one can recline into you in row 8, but I don't want to lose leg-room.

Also (sorry for asking so many questions on my 1st post), is the video library in business "on demand" as I think our flights won't have ICE?

Many thanks for your help in advance,
Nick
Old May 13, 2006, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by Nick73
Hi,

I have booked to fly on EK for our honeymoon and have chosen to upgrade to business class (first time ). We are flying a 777-300 3-class and have been allocated row 8 A,B and 8 J,K which are bulkhead seats.

Does anyone know if these seats have limited legroom? Should I request a move to row 9 or 10? I know no-one can recline into you in row 8, but I don't want to lose leg-room.

Also (sorry for asking so many questions on my 1st post), is the video library in business "on demand" as I think our flights won't have ICE?

Many thanks for your help in advance,
Nick
Hi,

Welcome to FT.

The legroom is the same (more or less) in row 8. It might be 1" or 2" either side though. Personally, I would move to row 9 because the galley can get very noisy.

You will have an in seat video library in business class. As far as I know, all 3 class aircraft have it installed.

Cheers
Old May 13, 2006, 11:09 am

Programs: Skywards Blue Member
Thanks for the speedy reply! I will check to see if I can change to 9 or 10 with window seats. If they only have middle seats left I think I will stay put.

Either way, following my flight I will update this thread with the seat information (early October - so a little way off yet).
Old May 13, 2006, 1:11 pm

Programs: BA Silver (Oneworld Sapphire), VS Silver, Skywards Blue, UA General, Qantas Bronze.
Originally Posted by Nick73
We are flying a 777-300 3-class and have been allocated row 8 A,B and 8 J,K which are bulkhead seats.

I sat in one of the bulhead seats once (my partner was in the other) and I was on a dayflight (well leaving London at 1ish and arriving at Dubai from London at midnight or thereabouts) I liked these seats on this aircraft because the seat pitch was about 46" (if I remember rightly) and the fact that there was no-one in front (reclined into my lap), meant that I could get in and out without disturbing the person on the aisle. So there is an advantage, and on a day flight, I would be tempted to stay put.

I do not know whether the flights you are on are day flights, or whether the pitch has increased at all on these aircraft.
Old May 13, 2006, 4:10 pm

Programs: SAS Eurobonus - Blue / Emirates Skywards - Blue
Which seats are best to go for in Y on

MAN -> DXB

and

DXB -> KIX

And do both these have ICE ?

Regards

mrploddy
Old May 13, 2006, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by mrploddy
Which seats are best to go for in Y on

MAN -> DXB
depends on which flight you are travelling on.

Originally Posted by mrploddy

DXB -> KIX

And do both these have ICE ?

Regards

mrploddy
The bulkhead is the best. The last few rows of the plane are quite noisy. The plane does have ICE.

Cheers
Old May 13, 2006, 5:37 pm

Programs: SAS Eurobonus - Blue / Emirates Skywards - Blue
I'm on the afternoon flight out of Manchester

Regards

mrploddy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.