Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates aircraft - What has new seats and what has old?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates aircraft - What has new seats and what has old?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2024, 4:08 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Is there any planned date for the B787? It's been "on order" for 7+ years, but no real news on deliveries (as far as I know).
Old Mar 18, 2024, 4:58 am

Programs: EK Plat; QR Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Is there any planned date for the B787? It's been "on order" for 7+ years, but no real news on deliveries (as far as I know).

Wondering the same. Theyve been swapping out other aircraft orders for 787s for a while I think. Airline either doesnt like the type very much, or isnt confident of Boeings promises. Which is worrying, as the more 350s there are the less F there is.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 6:29 am

Mid 2025 supposedly, but I won't believe anything until I see a 787 roll out of the factory with the EK livery on it.

EK has changed types multiple times now, 787-9 first, now split in to 787-8s and 787-10s.

STC isn't happy with Boeing right now, and it's hard to blame him considering all that's happening nowadays.

Originally Posted by IntrepidAfrican2
Wondering the same. Theyve been swapping out other aircraft orders for 787s for a while I think. Airline either doesnt like the type very much, or isnt confident of Boeings promises. Which is worrying, as the more 350s there are the less F there is.
The first batch of A350s are supposed to have F, but the exact number of frames to be delivered in the 'initial batch' is currently unknown. Lots of good information on the upcoming A350 here and here.
Will08 likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 6:45 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by murtaza12
The first batch of A350s are supposed to have F, but the exact number of frames to be delivered in the 'initial batch' is currently unknown. Lots of good information on the upcoming A350 here and here.
Not heard that before!

The link in your post says :- "Emirates A350s will come in a three-class configuration with business, premium economy and economy. Sir Tim confirmed that it would feature 312 seats, slightly fewer than the 324 seats that Air France has on its A350-900s or the 348 on Iberias less premium-heavy birds."
Old Mar 18, 2024, 6:59 am

Not heard that before!

The link in your post says :- "Emirates’ A350s will come in a three-class configuration with business, premium economy and economy. Sir Tim confirmed that it would feature 312 seats, slightly fewer than the 324 seats that Air France has on its A350-900s or the 348 on Iberia’s less premium-heavy birds."
Yeah the article says that the 350s will be 3-class (J / W / Y), but I believe that is referring to the later batch, which are supposed to have crew rest compartments (CRCs) and will presumably be used as replacements for the 2-class 777-200LRs.

The first batch of 350 deliveries will have CRCs removed to reduce weight slightly and make space for the F cabin as mentioned here. There should be 7 of these with F according to the tweet, but too early to tell.
DYKWIA, thijsseh, Will08 and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 1:12 pm

Im flying business EK 210 & EK 209 (EWR-ATH-EWR) in August. Anyone have any info on if/when that 777 would be updated?
Old Mar 21, 2024, 11:47 pm
Original Poster

So I also read about the 777's getting refurbished with Premium Economy & also direct aisle Business Class access.

Will it also at some point get the newest seats in Economy too? None of the articles were clear about this.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 2:54 pm

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt GP, Marriott, Varying Levels w/ UA /AF /DL /SQ /AA
murtaza12 ROCKS!

Hey, murtaza12, my goodness that spreadsheet is FANTSTIC AWESOME AMAZING! Talk about a labor of love!

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for pulling that together! And here I was thinking I was Mr. Detail Oriented. I've got absolutely nothing on you!

Awesome job, and thank you again!

TravelinWilly
EKfanatic and murtaza12 like this.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by mk0814
Im flying business EK 210 & EK 209 (EWR-ATH-EWR) in August. Anyone have any info on if/when that 777 would be updated?
Interested as well. Planning to fly this route in Aug 2025. Would love if they got the new F.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 6:41 pm
Original Poster

I flew Emirates in late March & early April and pretty much all my flights were on par in terms of the food. Service was excellent. Only EK513, the dosa they gave was not so good. Thankfully I had eaten hours before then, but had no intention to eat that much on the short flight.

In terms of the seats, my mom & I got A6-EVC (from & to San Francisco on EK226/225), which my dad also got a couple of days ago on EK226. IFE was there as well as the controller with white borders. On EK512, I was initially supposed to get A6-ENT, but due to its delay from Addis Ababa, they swapped it out for one of the A6-EP* birds. I got A6-EPJ, which had the same seats as the A380 and the Voyager 3D map and IFE identical to the A380. However, the 77W seat was a little bit tighter (not cramped like a 787 or A350 I've been on once) than the A380. For some reason on A6-ENE, the seat was slightly more comfortable. Still nothing beats the comfort of the A380 seats.

While coming back, I got A6-ENE which had the black border IFE on EK513. My father took EK515 which actually according to this list A6-EGG has the second oldest interiors (My mother was on EGH in Feb) and came back on A6-EVM which this list mentions it has the controller.

A few things - It's nice to have a power plug & USB on the A-side of the seats. I guess had I gotten anything such as A6-EVN to A6-EVS, from what I've heard and seen on YT, more than the controller removed in Y class, it has a wood grained tray table & I don't think there are power plugs - just USB's.

Depending on how things go, I may fly again in October to Kolkata, but we shall see then.

The reason I was a little curious on the 777 refits in regards to Y class is because EK has many 77W and the cabin you get is a mixed bag depending on the series. Doesn't bother me much but was curious.
Old Apr 14, 2024, 2:22 pm
Xlr

Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
I don't think the 787 is their first choice. I think the order is just in case the 777-8X is delayed even more than expected.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.