Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates New Routes and Changes 2023

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates New Routes and Changes 2023

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2023, 9:23 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Platinum
Question about particular aircraft for a route:
Looking at EK338 (CEB-CRK-DXB) in FEB -24, and it is listed on Google flights as 777.
Expert flyer is showing this flight with Business class and Coach only.
But Aerolopa doesn’t show any EK 777-300 configurations without First class.
Is Expert flyer accurate? Or does this flight have a First class section?
Old Jun 10, 2023, 12:23 pm

Programs: LH SENATOR
Originally Posted by WannaTheater
Question about particular aircraft for a route:
Looking at EK338 (CEB-CRK-DXB) in FEB -24, and it is listed on Google flights as 777.
Expert flyer is showing this flight with Business class and Coach only.
But Aerolopa doesn’t show any EK 777-300 configurations without First class.
Is Expert flyer accurate? Or does this flight have a First class section?
EK has a sub fleet of high density B77W's that are equiped with a 2 Class configuration.
Old Jun 10, 2023, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by CaptainEKAirbus
Emirates starts YUL with daily flights as of July 5th, 2023.

EK243 DXB0230 - 0800YUL
EK244 YUL1020 - 0630+1DXB

https://www.emirates.com/media-centr...treal-in-july/
Yikes! Not good timings. Terrible schedule. Why leave early? They don't like daytime flight. They prefer to leave at 7pm from YUL instead of 10am flight. That's not good!
Old Jun 10, 2023, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by N830MH
Yikes! Not good timings. Terrible schedule. Why leave early? They don't like daytime flight. They prefer to leave at 7pm from YUL instead of 10am flight. That's not good!
These flights seem to be scheduled to fit into the peak morning and night connection waves - I expect the identified major market is Indian subcontinent which would require these sorts of arrival times (which also factor in a/c on stand and turn around time of about 2hr).

A 1900 departure from YUL would probably only arrive at 1500 in DXB which is only suitable for O&D pax which is a low proportion of traffic from NA destinations.

Pax convenience taking a back seat to how the route fits into the overall fleet scheduling here.
thijsseh and IntrepidAfrican2 like this.
Old Jun 11, 2023, 8:19 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, AA Exec Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United 1K
EK205 MXP/JFK downgraded to the 77W, effective Oct 1
Currently it looks like JFK is getting the downgrade starting October 29th
Old Jun 11, 2023, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
These flights seem to be scheduled to fit into the peak morning and night connection waves - I expect the identified major market is Indian subcontinent which would require these sorts of arrival times (which also factor in a/c on stand and turn around time of about 2hr).

A 1900 departure from YUL would probably only arrive at 1500 in DXB which is only suitable for O&D pax which is a low proportion of traffic from NA destinations.

Pax convenience taking a back seat to how the route fits into the overall fleet scheduling here.
Ahhhh!! Makes sense! Thanks for your efforts. Now I understand that!

They will find a way to adjusted the flight schedule later in the future. Hopefully they will change the schedule.
Old Jun 11, 2023, 10:03 pm

Ahhhh!! Makes sense! Thanks for your efforts. Now I understand that!

They will find a way to adjusted the flight schedule later in the future. Hopefully they will change the schedule.
I think at most you could move to a 1500 departure ex YUL to get in around 2000 DXB as that can fit the early evening connector bank but it’s more likely that would be reserved for an additional frequency if the route does well and slots are available because the midnight departure and morning arrival into DXB gives the best range of convenient onward connections with <3hr transits.

I don’t know what ground costs for YUL are like but I wonder also if EK doesn’t want to pay for 6+ hrs on the ground at YUL especially if they think pax profile is 95%+ non-Gulf connecting (i.e. lower margin).
N830MH likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2023, 3:15 pm

The winter schedule is still being finalized so the following changes are still highly subject to change:

EK011 LGW downgraded to the 77W, effective Oct 1
EK021 MAN downgraded to the 77W, from Jul 1 to Sept 30
EK205 MXP/JFK downgraded to the 77W, effective Oct 1
EK372 BKK downgraded to the 77W, from Oct 1 to Nov 30
EK761 JNB downgraded to the 77W, effective Aug 1

More changes to follow in the coming weeks.
Originally Posted by flyjfk
Looks like the downgrade is loaded now. Based on past practices, how likely is this to stick? Booked MXP-JFK specifically for the A380 in early Nov, wondering if I should book alternate flight back now or wait to see if it might revert back to the A380
Old Jun 13, 2023, 8:04 am
Ambassador, Emirates
Original Poster

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by xtremester
Looks like the downgrade is loaded now. Based on past practices, how likely is this to stick? Booked MXP-JFK specifically for the A380 in early Nov, wondering if I should book alternate flight back now or wait to see if it might revert back to the A380
Unlikely it will be changed back, IMHO.
Nothing is impossible though......
Old Jun 13, 2023, 8:13 pm

Some more changes loaded:

EK077 NCE downgraded to the 77W, effective Oct 29
EK304 PVG upgraded to the 380, effective Oct 29
EK352 SIN downgraded to the 77W, effective Oct 29

Correct. It was previously loaded as a change from October 1st, but changed in the last few days. Evidence that the schedule is still very volatile.

Originally Posted by xtremester
Just my opinion, but I'd be hesitant to make any booking decisions based on the aircraft at this stage. We should have a clearer picture by early July.
EK77W likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2023, 2:39 pm

Fortunately, our flight is before this, but not by much. It is still showing the A380 on the date we travel.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 2:39 pm

As has been said, these flights are timed perfectly for connections through DXB. But to add to that, YUL is also slot limited in the evening hours, as traffic is increasing a lot and there simply aren't enough gates at the airport. So it would have been difficult for EK to secure slots in the evening out of YUL.
N830MH likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2023, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thenoflyzone
As has been said, these flights are timed perfectly for connections through DXB. But to add to that, YUL is also slot limited in the evening hours, as traffic is increasing a lot and there simply aren't enough gates at the airport. So it would have been difficult for EK to secure slots in the evening out of YUL.
Why you right! I didn't know! That makes sense! Now I understand that. I understand why they can't leave at 7pm out of YUL. I knows there are lots of international flights coming in from overseas. They don't have secured the slot. So they just can't. They have accepted that.
Old Jun 25, 2023, 8:39 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
ATH-EWR (and presumably the DXB-ATH) is today on the game changer 777. Pleasantly surprised as I boarded, I asked FA if this was an equipment swap but they said this should be it moving forward. It was the old 777 last week EWR-ATH.
Old Jun 25, 2023, 9:32 pm

It was not a "game changer"......there are only 9 of them.....registrations A6-EQH - A6-EQP.
None of them did in June (till today) the flight DXB-ATH-EWR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.