Wiki Posts
Search

Expertflyer alternatives

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2021, 1:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Plat
Expertflyer alternatives

Is there any alternative to Expertflyert to see availability in individual fare buckets? After losing award availability, it appears it has that all EK functionality is now lost.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 4:04 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
It looks like not only Expertflyer is having issues. Travel Agents and OTAs that use Sabre as their GDS provider also have issues displaying EK availability and booking EK flights.

Apparently, EK has not renewed their contract with Sabre which ended June 30th.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 6:59 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by Lkaroo
Is there any alternative to Expertflyert to see availability in individual fare buckets? After losing award availability, it appears it has that all EK functionality is now lost.
You can still see EK flights in the Flight Availability search if you specify EK as the only airline, that way our system knows to use a different reservation system, or just ask us.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 12:21 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
You can still see EK flights in the Flight Availability search if you specify EK as the only airline, that way our system knows to use a different reservation system, or just ask us.
Can you give us any insight at all on if the award availability feature on EK will ever return?
Old Jul 6, 2021, 2:26 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by thijsseh
Can you give us any insight at all on if the award availability feature on EK will ever return?
Yes it will, we can't go into what the issues are but it is our intention to have EK award searching return. We apologize it's not happening fast, but it's outside of our control at this time.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 1:48 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Yes it will, we can't go into what the issues are but it is our intention to have EK award searching return. We apologize it's not happening fast, but it's outside of our control at this time.
Could you maybe post on this thread when that functionality is back? Without it, EF has little value for me personally.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 10:27 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by thijsseh
Could you maybe post on this thread when that functionality is back? Without it, EF has little value for me personally.
Of course, we plan on notifying everyone that asked about it via email and posting on FT.
jordan408 and Nina12 like this.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 7:48 am

It now seems that all EK flights have disappeared from ExpertFlyer. I can only assume that this is tied to EK no longer supporting Sabre as GDS. Has anyone been able to figure out other valid alternatives to check availability (and seat allocations) on EK flights?

On a related topic, I am a bit shocked that EK has not renewed Sabre. I was under the impression it would be a temporary issue, but it looks like it's sticking. For companies like mine, serviced by AmEx GBT, this means no possibility of booking EK flights. Must be significant revenue lost for the airline.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 2:18 pm

I agree - quite bizarre. any suggestions for alternatives to expert flyer appreciated!
Old Sep 15, 2021, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by flying_pig
It now seems that all EK flights have disappeared from ExpertFlyer. I can only assume that this is tied to EK no longer supporting Sabre as GDS. Has anyone been able to figure out other valid alternatives to check availability (and seat allocations) on EK flights?

On a related topic, I am a bit shocked that EK has not renewed Sabre. I was under the impression it would be a temporary issue, but it looks like it's sticking. For companies like mine, serviced by AmEx GBT, this means no possibility of booking EK flights. Must be significant revenue lost for the airline.
Did you specify EK as the airline when doing the search as noted in this post?
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33383418-post3.html

I just did an availability search for EK for several dates and EF returned availability numbers.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Did you specify EK as the airline when doing the search as noted in this post?
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33383418-post3.html

I just did an availability search for EK for several dates and EF returned availability numbers.
I think I've narrowed down where the problem lies. It works by specifying EK as the airline but does not work if the "Exclude codeshares" box is also ticked (which is ticked by default in all my saved queries). I hope the ExpertFlyer team reads this, as it seems a strange glitch.

The Sabre issue is another story. I hope EK will sort it; it seems a lot of revenue is being left on the table.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 12:57 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by flying_pig
I think I've narrowed down where the problem lies. It works by specifying EK as the airline but does not work if the "Exclude codeshares" box is also ticked (which is ticked by default in all my saved queries). I hope the ExpertFlyer team reads this, as it seems a strange glitch.

The Sabre issue is another story. I hope EK will sort it; it seems a lot of revenue is being left on the table.
The "Exclude codeshares" option forces the search to use Sabre, which as you noted doesn't have EK data currently.
flying_pig likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2021, 10:57 pm

Programs: EK
Yes will this ever return? I only hold expert flyer for Emirates award upgrades from econ to business.... can you clarify if this will return?
Old Sep 27, 2021, 10:56 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by EKfreak
Yes will this ever return? I only hold expert flyer for Emirates award upgrades from econ to business.... can you clarify if this will return?
We don't have a firm date at this time. However if you email customercare@ we can put you on our notification list if you want to let your subscription lapse in the meantime.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 11:11 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
We don't have a firm date at this time. However if you email customercare@ we can put you on our notification list if you want to let your subscription lapse in the meantime.
you should reduce your price it’s a joke
thijsseh likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.